Sir Eddie's Champion's League Prospects vs Senor Nee Baals Conference League Spunkbuckets

Gemmill

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

Genuinely more happy we got Barnes than Maddison, particularly given the quality of our central midfield and Isak.

You may well be right. That was always the thing with Maddison. Unquestionably a great creative player but not really suited to the way Howe plays. We would have needed to change the system to get the best out of him. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Well it's ridiculous that a) they don't have a work around for when someone doesn't have it turned on or b) they don't have someone there saying "is NFC turned on?" to everyone who has problems.

I'd still put a complaint in if I was you, see if you can get your money back. It's appalling that you just got turned away when you'd paid to go.

Tempers were getting flared at the turnstile, one of the turnstiles just stopped working full stop.

2 minutes ago, Anorthernsoul said:

I was just about to post you're the only one I've heard that didn't get in.

There was more than just me. 

1 hour ago, Renton said:

Genuinely more happy we got Barnes than Maddison, particularly given the quality of our central midfield and Isak.

Totally agree, Barnes style of play and high energy is perfect for our setup. With our attacking options now we genuinely look dangerous every time we go forward. With the level of quality coming off the bench now aswell it's looking very promising for the season ahead.

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Tempers were getting flared at the turnstile, one of the turnstiles just stopped working full stop.

There was more than just me. 

Contact the club about it see if the issue can be rectified for the next game

3 hours ago, thebrokendoll said:

just about the highlighted bit....

aside from him assisting wilson's goal, the pass he played to wilson for the one he missed was more or less from exactly the same position he was in from where he himself scored.

I appreciate it was unselfish but I reckon he'd have probably buried that one too. some debut 20 minutes that would've been!  :)

Yeah I think when he was put though the second time you can almost see him thinking “am fucked if am passing this time “ :lol: 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, GrahamTaylor5 said:

It turns out you can. I have to admit that I was sad enough to buy it based on this comment alone. I did stumble across the drink rather than seek it out so not too sad.

IMG-20230813-WA0001.jpg

Not here to kink shame or owt, but you seriously need to cut your fingernails.

manicure GIF

11 hours ago, Diego21 said:

Knowing how Howe understands the game, this team has to be Joelinton and 10 others.

With the added bonus that it keeps essembee away from here (well, that and him possibly being dead, but you know)

• Haha 3

Not that it matters, but in the Gary Neville podcast which this week featured Carragher too...

Neville reckons having just watched Chelsea v Liverpool, Newcastle look to be in a better spot than either of those teams even though both have "spent an absolute shed load of money compared to Newcastle". Nice to hear the fact about spending acknowledged.

Carragher reckons Liverpool, if they play like they did yesterday, will be lucky to come away from SJP with any points.

Obviously none of this matters, but it's just nice to hear us getting some proper credit from the Crown Princes of Sky's TV offering.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

Not that it matters, but in the Gary Neville podcast which this week featured Carragher too...

Neville reckons having just watched Chelsea v Liverpool, Newcastle look to be in a better spot than either of those teams even though both have "spent an absolute shed load of money compared to Newcastle". Nice to hear the fact about spending acknowledged.

Carragher reckons Liverpool, if they play like they did yesterday, will be lucky to come away from SJP with any points.

Obviously none of this matters, but it's just nice to hear us getting some proper credit from the Crown Princes of Sky's TV offering.

Yet they have us finishing eighth. :lol:

• Haha 4

10 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Yet they have us finishing eighth. :lol:

Was that not before this weekend though? Neville seems to have Aston Villa above us which is a brave prediction considering what just happened. :lol: