Eddie and Mad Dog's; Lost Their Intensity, Got No Identity Black & White Army v You Fill Up My Senses, Like A Greasy Chip Butty, Blades

sammynb

8 minutes ago, Chaser said:

@sammynb you've got the match thread gig again on Wednesday

Had on here like. Maybe we need some squad rotation. Keep Sammy in reserve for the really important games, use a reserve like Gemmill for the more lost causes? 

• Haha 9

On 22/09/2023 at 15:09, PaddockLad said:

No l, definitely mean Man City…they lead the treble winners for about an hour but it doesn’t matter because the stats say we’re going to fuckin twat them so who am I to argue that we struggle against teams that sit in, we miss enough chances every game to win most of them and our fans are nervous nellies who can transmit anxiety on to the players like something out of a science fiction movie :cuppa: 

Not read the thread, but I hope you haven't had a big Sunday roast, because these are a LOT of words you need to eat.

LOT of words.

• Haha 5

7 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Not read the thread, but I hope you haven't had a big Sunday roast, because these are a LOT of words you need to eat.

LOT of words.

Tell me what I’d got wrong before Barnes injury and I’ll eat anything you like mate :lol: 

• Haha 2

I know they’re whinging about saying it was a handball by Gordon for the first (not by the rules but never mind) but what’s the issue with the other two? :lol: Also no mention of the two pens and two red cards the ref should have given? I need to see it again but I’m fairly sure Hamer needlessly elbowed Longstaff at one point too which was borderline and went ignored. 

• Like 2

What a performance. That felt like the pressure valve of the approach to the first CL game was released and as a result we absolutely battered them. I loved the attitude of our side. There was never an inkling of letting the foot off the throat. I love a side that gives no quarter. That was something else. We saw one side of our team's resolve at San Siro with a gritty 0-0 and we saw the other side today in going out there today and reducing a relegation candidate to dust. Brilliant.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

130AM on a Monday, spewing I missed it, AMAZING RESULTS. Will try to catch a replay of it.

A big thank you btw for all my fans that mentioned my name during the game, I appreciate you still had me on your mind during such an amazing time, mwa 😘(Rent. Free)

Rent free.

Marra/pet/mate./madam/cock womble

8 nil and you are rambling on about you. just fuck off man.

Edited by Dougle

28 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Tell me what I’d got wrong before Barnes injury and I’ll eat anything you like mate :lol: 

Sheffield should have tried this tactic to keep the score down. Shifting the goalposts like a mother fucker.

Me and Gloom said we'd batter these. We said they were shit at defending crosses and set plays. Tick. Sheffield can't keep the ball. Tick.

Have a big old slice of humble pie PL.

6 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

They can’t defend headers from crosses/set pieces to save their life can they? Properly living up to their reputation 

Called it.

5 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Sheffield should have tried this tactic to keep the score down. Shifting the goalposts like a mother fucker.

Me and Gloom said we'd batter these. We said they were shit at defending crosses and set plays. Tick. Sheffield can't keep the ball. Tick.

Have a big old slice of humble pie PL.

I also said you should be manager of NUFC because you said we’d twat these and you’re now doubling down you outrageously ungrateful twat :huff: :lol: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ignore him, Dave. Greatness always has its knockers. And I for one have to admit that I was amongst those doubters for a time. But, not any more! Unlike these ungrateful pricks, I'm not too proud to admit it, you were right. I'll even spell it out for everyone to see: One of the favourites for relegation this season are not very good.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

I also said you should be manager of NUFC because you said we’d twat these and you’re now doubling down you outrageously ungrateful twat :huff: :lol: 

😂 don't mind me, I'm just drunk.

I couldn't be manager, I'd be trying to get the fans to get on board with Segundo volantes and English tapas.

All hail Aberfeldy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

That was absolutely brutal. Loved ever second of it. 

Honestly though, what surprised me most wasn't the result or the records set, it was the realisation that Stuart McCall has somehow ended up in a managerial position for a Premier League team.

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

Ignore him, Dave. Greatness always has its knockers. And I for one have to admit that I was amongst those doubters for a time. But, not any more! Unlike these ungrateful pricks, I'm not too proud to admit it, you were right. I'll even spell it out for everyone to see: One of the favourites for relegation this season are not very good.

Don't test me. I have receipts. 

Too many pissy pants before the game, the stat bros tried to calm the nerves with some megaton truth bombs.

• Haha 4

18 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Bez & friends :lol:  

Is that Beresford? Only time I've been to Brammall Lane was yonks ago, we were in the shit relegation wise but beat these 2-0 and survived. Might have been under Roeder, I forget. Anyhow Beresford was at the hotel where we were staying, had a brief chat, he seemed canny (just another middle class piss head to him I'm sure). 

Stayed in Sheffield for a couple of days, came back straight to a home game met the toon posse at the Trent, where Alex ripped the piss out of my gifted  tat toonT shirt while playing pool.

Seems like yesterday tbh. 

• Haha 1

Fucking buzzing still. Sheff Utd were dog shit. But how much of that is down to how we played? We passed with pace, kept the ball moving quickly and players like AG10 and Longy were superb. The way Longy and Anderson moved in midfield gave Bruno acres of space because Sheff Utd were too bothered about the others moving.

I'm having two walls demo'd at home today and I've gone from shitting my pants to not giving a fuck as I'm buzzing 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 5