Eddie and Mad Dog's; Lost Their Intensity, Got No Identity Black & White Army v You Fill Up My Senses, Like A Greasy Chip Butty, Blades

sammynb

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Totally sensible and normal I would say.

Is four days rest between games with a tight turnaround normal? I have no clue tbh. It sounds like they’ll at least do some light training to implement the tactical plan for Sheffield Utd

Edited by Dr Gloom

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

They took the lead v Man City and kept them at bay till deep into the second half. Man City players and in a way more importantly their fans trust the process to get the job done. Our process has been very largely viewed as being flawed by a large number of our support this season so they’ve no faith and no fuckin patience. 

1-1. 3k fannies in black and white pretending the world is about to end filming each other for TikTok :cuppa:

:lol: what a time to be alive 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I can understand it if it was a Wed then Sat game but Tues and Sunday is a bit of a stretch. 

could easily train Friday? Anyway I’ll let the experts decide 

image.gif.eb983361530b616b13ca9287123a0c0e.gif

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

Is four days rest between games with a tight turnaround normal? I have no clue tbh. It sounds like they’ll at least do some light training to implement the tactical plan for Sheffield Utd

Weds - Travel Back
Thurs - Rehab. Stretching, massages, anyone who has knocks to be treated.
Friday - Light work and drills
Saturday - Light work AM, Travel PM to Hotel probably.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

I can understand it if it was a Wed then Sat game but Tues and Sunday is a bit of a stretch. 

could easily train Friday? Anyway I’ll let the experts decide 

It will be Saturday/Tuesday/Sunday though, which is a lot of minutes for Bruno, Botman, Triiper, Schar etc 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Interesting from the presser when Howe said that (due to various reasons), Toonali had only had 1 full training session in the last month.

Probably why he's still not played a full 90

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Interesting from the presser when Howe said that (due to various reasons), Toonali had only had 1 full training session in the last month.

yeah, I was struck by that too. Wonder why that’s the case. Has he been carrying a niggle all that time?

9 minutes ago, strawb said:

The way these play you want Burn in the team, long diagonals, set pieces etc. his height will be useful 

Fair point. Conversely, Sheffield United apparently struggle with crosses into their box, and have conceded most goals  that way.  I’ve been struck by how few crosses we’ve attempted in recent games - mainly due to inverted wingers and full backs who don’t overlap. Even tripper, though he’s capable of overlapping and putting a ball in, has tended to play the ball inside instead.  

It could be a game for Hall and Livramento in that sense. He’s going to have to rotate the defence at some point with all these games coming up, but maybe those changes come against Man City 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 3