Eddie and Mad Dog's Shot Shy Useless United v I'll Make My Final Stand, Hey... That's Why They Call Me Burnley

sammynb

7 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

anderson was a real bright spot today. if he keeps playing like that perhaps we won't miss joe as much as we fear. the mix of effort and technique was v impressive. 

isak is a bit of a concern. he just doesn't seem as sharp as last season. we missed not having wilson to bring on at 70 minutes. 

overall, it was quite a stress-free watch. a few shaky moments before the first goal then total dominance. Four or five nil wouldn't have flattered us. 

To be fair his goal against city was taken like a boss

• Like 1

A comfortable game, another clean sheet, and we never really had to leave second gear. Real shame that Joelinton pulled up. 

Gordon is a nightmare for defenders, the way he gets to the ball with his pace and makes them commit to the foul 3 pens from that now. Shame he misses West Ham. 

We need to show more composure on the ball, a lot of our players seem too rushed on it and end up turning it over. Bruno looks far more like his old self recently which is a big boost. 

• Like 5

The injuries are getting a bit of a worry. Thought Longstaff was superb as was Tripps and Anderson. Bruno is getting back to his best and it's no coincidence that longstaff is back. Gutted for Big Joe. Gordon is a nightmare for the opposition. Who'd have thought we'd start getting results now we haven't had hard game after hard game condensed together like no other rival club have had?

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, toonotl said:

That wasn't the best game for Isak for sure. But I don't think it's worth being concerned about. He's scored three from his last three games and has as many goals for the season as Wilson. And Wilson is arguably the form striker in Europe at the moment.

yeah, i'm not that worried. he just doesn't seem quite as sharp this season, which was understandable against man city and brighton when he was chasing shadows, but we dominated the game today and there were a few chances created where he just seemed sluggish. i don't know if it's a fitness issue

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Either just a freak injury or he wasn't properly warmed up.

any lip readers in the house? i might be wrong but it looked like he said to the physio "It's tight" hopefully it's not a tear

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howay said:

We’ve got 9 or 10 games before that international break, really fucking hope Howe is just feeding them some dodgy timeline as that’s really worrying if it’s true. 

Ouch! Time for Lascelles to earn his captains armband. I'd have said Burn was our 3rd choice CB before the Brighton game, but he looked worse than Dummett there!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Jamal will destroy PSG

he did alright again today, you know. there was one hairy moment where he tried to step out and turned into trouble but other than that he was pretty solid. passing was a bit more sideways and backwards than it was against man city, like the lascelles of old, but he did fine. his passing accuracy was 89% again, which is nice and tidy 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

he did alright again today, you know. there was one hairy moment where he tried to step out and turned into trouble but other than that he was pretty solid. passing was a bit more sideways and backwards than it was against man city, like the lascelles of old, but he did fine. his passing accuracy was 89% again, which is nice and tidy 

Having a better midfield in front of him helps. At least he's got time under his belt and he's not just on the pitch v PSG with nothing. 

7 minutes ago, Howay said:

We’ve got 9 or 10 games before that international break, really fucking hope Howe is just feeding them some dodgy timeline as that’s really worrying if it’s true. 

I think they mean the one in a fortnight not the one in November. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Howay said:

It’s only 1 league game (v West Ham) isn’t it? 

• Like 1