Middle East Crisis

Rayvin

5 hours ago, Rayvin said:

I think you're doing very well all things considered mate in what must be an absolutely horrifying time on a personal level and for which I genuinely do feel for you and your family. I don't think the conclusion that we can't or shouldn't discuss it would be just about you - as said, I don't feel able to engage with any of it properly even just on my own end.

Aye I give Gloom a lot of credit here. It would have been very easy to lash out at the discourse considering what he has at stake.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

I blame the Buddhists. 

It's funny that a lot of people assume Budhism is a pacifistic religion but then you look at Mynamar..... 

And don't get me started on those shinto-budhist pagan pigs from Japan..... 

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

It's funny that a lot of people assume Budhism is a pacifistic religion but then you look at Mynamar..... 

And don't get me started on those shinto-budhist pagan pigs from Japan..... 

Leported

i went to a trance rave like just that in israeli desert myself when i was in my early 20s when i did a summer on a kibbutz. awful music, but they knew how to party. we didn't leave to go to the event until almost 2am and danced until long after the sun came up. there a couple of thousand people there - a mix of students, travellers and hippies. i cant imagine what it must have been like at the supernova festival - to go from dancing, off your tits, that loved-up positive energy you get at a rave, to suddenly running for your life from gunmen, firing indiscriminately.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i went to a trance rave like just that in israeli desert myself when i was in my early 20s when i did a summer on a kibbutz. awful music, but they knew how to party. we didn't leave to go to the event until almost 2am and danced until long after the sun came up. there a couple of thousand people there - a mix of students, travellers and hippies. i cant imagine what it must have been like at the supernova festival - to go from dancing, off your tits, that loved-up positive energy you get at a rave, to suddenly running for your life from gunmen, firing indiscriminately.  

I haven’t watched all that clip because I just don’t want to but I’ve seen some footage previously. I don’t know why, perhaps because I could empathise to an extent. But it really got to me. There’s some footage of a young lass dancing to d&b then within a short time she’d apparently been raped, murdered and had her limbs broken in horrific fashion. Just one story I suppose but there was something about the contrast from that carefree happy moment of youth and what followed. Absolutely heartbreaking 

• Like 2

Yeah. Heartbreaking to watch and that’s without them going too deep into the finer details of what happened. 

Animals.

The world just feels a bit shit at the moment. Almost like something huge is brewing. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, Alex said:

I haven’t watched all that clip because I just don’t want to but I’ve seen some footage previously. I don’t know why, perhaps because I could empathise to an extent. But it really got to me. There’s some footage of a young lass dancing to d&b then within a short time she’d apparently been raped, murdered and had her limbs broken in horrific fashion. Just one story I suppose but there was something about the contrast from that carefree happy moment of youth and what followed. Absolutely heartbreaking 

there’s one particularly gut-wrenching scene where the terrorists throw a grenade into a bomb shelter where one of the ravers was hiding to smoke them out. Then as they flee, they’re shoot them in the back. The grenade goes off shortly after 

• Sad 2

6 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

there’s one particularly gut-wrenching scene where the terrorists throw a grenade into a bomb shelter where one of the ravers was hiding to smoke them out. Then as they flee, they’re shoot them in the back. The grenade goes off shortly after 

I flicked through the video and saw that bit. I wished he'd thrown the grenade back out at them.

12 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

You really shouldn't consider if you should be watching this. What good can it do? 

They're jihadists, they are human zombies, with no humanity. Whilst I understand your reference to the holocaust, they did exactly the same in Paris at the Bataclan, 8 years ago. It's not just Jews they hate, they hate everything the West represents and life itself. 

There will be more attacks in Western Europe. I fact it's already started in Brussels. Be careful everyone. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Renton said:

You really shouldn't consider if you should be watching this. What good can it do? 

They're jihadists, they are human zombies, with no humanity. Whilst I understand your reference to the holocaust, they did exactly the same in Paris at the Bataclan, 8 years ago. It's not just Jews they hate, they hate everything the West represents and life itself. 

There will be more attacks in Western Europe. I fact it's already started in Brussels. Be careful everyone. 

you’re probably right. I’m a news junkie though and can’t help myself. I should really try to put the phone down more often. It also isn’t good to be this informed, all of the time. It’s relentless stimulation. The old fashioned way of getting information through a newspaper and a tv bulletin or two per day was much healthier. 

I do think an it’s important video to watch so people understand how traumatised Israelis are right now.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ewerk said:

It's a pity you have to go to ITV for hard hitting investigative journalism.

"Word on the street" :lol:

I mean, it flew under the radar of one of the most sophisticated intelligence agencies in the World, but this lass knew?

Fuck off man, get this cunt off the air. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Madeley is fucking hopeles with any serious topics. He should be shuffled off to taste cakes somewhere.

He’s accidental Partridge. Which is usually fairly harmless but offensive in this case (which only underlines your point).