Geordie A Squad's Sexy Slayers of Manchesters Managerial Slapheads v Lego Head’s Cockney Spunk Bubble Over-Celebrators

Holden McGroin

been having a browse on the arsenal thread in blemoon's general football section. this deluded fuckwit shows up and is absolutely slaughtered. I mean, I'm sure he'd drum up a fair bit of support for his noble cause on rtg, but fuck's sake are these cunts not aware that the rest of football has been mercilessly taking the piss out of arteta and their club for the best part of two days now?

big hooray for arsenal and the red dippers though for trying to right ALL the wrongs of refereeing, whilst incredibly remaining deathly silent for the many that go in their favour.....

1110472825_Screenshot_20231106_105732_SamsungInternet.thumb.jpg.8960b377f5d585c9fc5504fe021f0c10.jpg

• Like 2

VAR has basically just transferred the errors from refs to Stockeley Park. It'll never happen but personally I'd bin it off.

Everyone makes mistakes so let the onfield ref just manage the game. I'd keep goal line tech as thats a quick and simple yes or no.

The league cup game was so much more enjoyable without all these checks.

The only good thing VAR is achieving is stopping diving.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

VAR has basically just transferred the errors from refs to Stockeley Park. It'll never happen but personally I'd bin it off.

Everyone makes mistakes so let the onfield ref just manage the game. I'd keep goal line tech as thats a quick and simple yes or no.

The league cup game was so much more enjoyable without all these checks.

The only good thing VAR is achieving is stopping diving.

Keep the goal line tech and use the automated VAR for offside from the CL. Bin it for everything else 

• Like 2

VAR usually stops the previous utterly ridiculous situation where the sky sports team covering any given match knows more about what happened at any point in the 90 mins than the ref. That’s why it needs to stay. But @Holden McGroin is right, it’s putting responsibility on a van load of geeks parked up near Wembley. They got it right at the weekend but there were two out of three of the decisions leading up to the goal that were basically “not proven due to lack of evidence “ and a highly debatable foul. That’s caused the uproar because there aren’t any proper “facts” . Liverpool had far more room for grievance as it was shown the truck geeks completely fucked the process. 

Do we need more camera coverage? Would that have given us “facts” on Saturday night? 🤷🏻‍♂️

45 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

I think that’s what the VAR did on Saturday. There were three debatable incidents during the match: the two potential red cards and the possible Joelinton foul.

On each occasion the decisions could have arguably gone the other way and the VAR recognised that and rather than re-referee the game they decided the referee hadn’t committed a howler and didn’t intervene.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

I think that’s what the VAR did on Saturday. There were three debatable incidents during the match: the two potential red cards and the possible Joelinton foul.

On each occasion the decisions could have arguably gone the other way and the VAR recognised that and rather than re-referee the game they decided the referee hadn’t committed a howler and didn’t intervene.

i think they were wrong not to overturn the red cards. Havertz and Bruno should have both been off tbh

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think they were wrong not to overturn the red cards. Havertz and Bruno should have both been off tbh

I think they were both reds but plenty of people have called the Havertz one an orange card and Bruno was probably only saved by the fact it was a glancing blow rather than a direct elbow.

They were certainly both more red cards than not but neither were 100% red.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I think they were both reds but plenty of people have called the Havertz one an orange card and Bruno was probably only saved by the fact it was a glancing blow rather than a direct elbow.

They were certainly both more red cards than not but neither were 100% red.

I also think Bruno stays out there because Havertz wasn't sent off earlier.

However if Havertz was sent off the Butterfly Effect dictates that Bruno and Jorginho would have passionately embraced instead.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

I have to say I’ve gone off Bruno. Not sure why he still evokes such love tbh. He’s nasty and petulant and just seems like a bit of a bellend.

yeah, but he's our nasty bellend. 

i don't think he's either of those things. he's got a typically brazilian temperament - he wears his heart on his sleeve and struggles to contain his emotions. and occasionally he'll lose his head like he did against arsenal. he needs to learn how to rein that in because we can ill-afford to be without him for a three game ban for something daft or self-inflicted. it's not the first time he's luckily escaped a red. 

• Like 2

Maybe he was trying to get booked to serve his suspension for the Bournemouth game which is looking the easiest fixture in the next month or so :cuppa:

IMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.41b7d989804ab35c44658687dc74291b.jpeg

Either way, I think if the boot had been on the other foot and some cunt was charging around like a deranged infant dishing out sly digs on one of our players we’d rightly be as angry as the Arsenal supporters were. What the Arsenal players did to cause him to lose the head is in a lot of ways irrelevant. He didn’t pick on Havertz in revenge, he ran around trying to wind up Jorginho and Rice. He wouldn’t have tried that shit with Partey or for that matter Granit Xhaka, the latter of which will have probably had his immediate family murdered by now if Bruno had tried it on :cuppa: 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Maybe he was trying to get booked to serve his suspension for the Bournemouth game which is looking the easiest fixture in the next month or so :cuppa:

IMG_3106.thumb.jpeg.41b7d989804ab35c44658687dc74291b.jpeg

Either way, I think if the boot had been on the other foot and some cunt was charging around like a deranged infant dishing out sly digs on one of our players we’d rightly be as angry as the Arsenal supporters were. What the Arsenal players did to cause him to lose the head is in a lot of ways irrelevant. He didn’t pick on Havertz in revenge, he ran around trying to wind up Jorginho and Rice. He wouldn’t have tried that shit with Partey or for that matter Granit Xhaka, the latter of which will have probably had his immediate family murdered by now if Bruno had tried it on :cuppa: 

This is true but honestly man Bruno's efforts were mere niggles compared with the potentially career ending challenge of Havertz, which was efinitely pre-meditated and also possibly planned and sanctioned by lego head himself imo. That foul was by far the worst thing to happen on the pitch on Saturday. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

I have to say I’ve gone off Bruno. Not sure why he still evokes such love tbh. He’s nasty and petulant and just seems like a bit of a bellend.

He's not asking to marry your daughter though.

He's a liability at times, which I don't like, but if he could stay the right side of that he can carry on however he likes.

4 hours ago, Dazzler said:

image.thumb.png.ef7a6505453961f619d12ccfcc91fa45.png

This narrative of us constantly benefiting from VAR and dodgy ref calls is becoming all too common for me. How many points did we lose last season from dodgy decisions? Liverpool away, Palace at home being blatant examples. Even Liverpool at home this season with TAA and the definite second yellow he should have gotten.

I reckon for every one borderline decision that went our way there is at least one blatant one that went against us.

There is a proper small club mentality from all of the supposed big clubs and it's excellent to see.

Don't forget Anderson's perfectly legal goal chalked off for offside.

Probably loads more too.

• Like 4

50 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Don't forget Anderson's perfectly legal goal chalked off for offside.

Probably loads more too.

Aye, I forgot about that one. I think these conspiracy theories are mental especially from teams like Arsenal and Liverpool who statistically benefit more from 50/50 decisions than anyone because their managers cry arse on like petulant bairns.

I reckon on balance we've benefited from as many decisions as we've had go against us, and that's probably true of most teams. But I would be willing to bet Arsenal, Man Utd and Liverpool are closer to 60/40 in their favour.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

Seems like a bit of a bellend who is loved by his manager and colleagues so probably not as bad a bloke as you're making out tbh.

Yes, what he did was stupid and I think should have seen a red. Yes, it's not the first time it's happened. But it's not every game, and he's a phenomenal player - much better than Cabaye (IMO) who WAS a stroppy, petulant, dirty bastard on the pitch (and off).

Also, ask yourself would that have happened at all had the ref not completely bottled the Havertz challenge? Which was as clear a red as I've seen in a while. He got a yellow because contact was minimal, but you don't go into a two footer, studs high challenge without fully intending on causing an injury. 

The ref completely bottled the first half, and had he had controlled the players more Bruno would never have done what he did, whether rightly or wrongly.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Ginolaandtonic said:

He is a bit nasty on the pitch, and he definitely lets his heart rule his head at times. But he's an excellent footballer, has been absolutely vital to how we play, and provides much needed nastiness on the pitch.

Plus he seems a genuinely nice lad off the pitch too.

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, The Fish said:

He is a bit nasty on the pitch, and he definitely lets his heart rule his head at times. But he's an excellent footballer, has been absolutely vital to how we play, and provides much needed nastiness on the pitch.

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Good family? 

14 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Now hey. Donald Trump's never done anything nasty or petulant.

Or rapey, or paedophilic, or racist, or sexist or Islamophobic or.......

• Haha 2