howe's battle weary, walking wounded but still should've done better on saturday nufc v pochettino's shit tangoing not fit for a strictly dance off, corn beef munching cockney wankers.

thebrokendoll

Just seen big Joe’s goal again, hahah. It’s like a kid who can’t play football being put through on goal. He’s tried to hammer it and spacka footed it into the wrong corner. Love him so much

• Haha 1

Just now, Gemmill said:

Fucking hell he looks and sounds like a bairn. He's gonna be some player though.

Just watched the rooney docu on channel 4. When he first signed for Everton professionally he sounded similar 😂

39 minutes ago, strawb said:

Just seen big Joe’s goal again, hahah. It’s like a kid who can’t play football being put through on goal. He’s tried to hammer it and spacka footed it into the wrong corner. Love him so much

I think you spackad this post tbh.

I was not confident at all, even before the line up. Thought the bench was a joke; 3 keepers, 4 kids, Dummett and Ritchie. 

Top result, good performances. Trippier is class, Gordon is brilliant, Isak adds so much to our attack, Bruno is unstoppable, Livramento looks a gem, Miley could have big future ahead of him. 

This post is sponsored by Long Hop, and whiskey

GIF by Tomi Ferraro, Sportz

• Like 5

Just to sing the praises of those players mentioned some more. Bruno MotM for me. It was close. Gordon was superb as per usual and it's conclusive now that we've absolutely had Everton's pants down getting him for half the going rate for a player of his quality. But returning to Bruno, his importance is almost immeasurable. He's the absolute heartbeat of the side.

Isak's return is incredibly important too. Today's goal made it 8 in 10 domestic league and cup matches so far this season. He scores goals without even necessarily playing well. He's some player.

Trips back on form again too with a typically gutsy performance that typifies the ethos of the side.

Miley was brilliant. And with Howe coaching him anything is possible for him.

image.png.c57663afff6ee170b7ce37dfc03d1cb7.png

That's almost my favourite performance of the season so far given the circumstances behind and ahead of us. It sets the tone for the month ahead. If they lost today it would have been disappointing. But with the injuries, bad luck, endless games ahead, etc., it would have been understandable if we struggled against a team of mercenaries with moments of quality in them. But our boys didn't let it happen. This side has been molded into a reproduction of Howe's persona on the pitch. This is a side that actually pulls its socks up and dust itself down. They don't just talk about it.

• Like 9

5 hours ago, Holden McGroin said:

Have we won a game without Bruno in the last 2 seasons?

I can only think of Man Utd but then he came on.

I think there was a crazy stat that we hadn't won a game without him in the PL since his full debut. So not since March '22. Which is just nuts tbh. I'm not sure about the cups.

Love how aggro Isak gets during a goal celebration. Miley went to celebrate with him and noped out of it when Isak started being erratic, and then he looked like he was gonna kick fuck out of Lascelles when he scored. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Fingers crossed Isak stays fit and gets to the levels near the end of last season. As has been said he's a world class finisher and adds so much to the attack even when not in full flow. He's something else in full flow though isn't he, can proper terrorize defences. 

• Like 3

Fair play to MOTD btw. Match order last night was:

Luton v Palace

Newcastle v Chelsea

Burnley v West Ham

Forest v Brighton

Sheff United v Bournemouth

Man City v Liverpool

Brentford v Arsenal

The big lads demoted for serving up absolute shite.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

At times Isak had 3 players on him and they couldn't get the ball off him. The close control he has is fucking class. 

It was a bit sad when the camera picked out Wilson after he scored and Wilson looked gutted 😂

• Haha 3

15 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

At times Isak had 3 players on him and they couldn't get the ball off him. The close control he has is fucking class. 

It was a bit sad when the camera picked out Wilson after he scored and Wilson looked gutted 😂

I saw that :lol: He needs to stop being made of glass then!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, toonotl said:

Just to sing the praises of those players mentioned some more. Bruno MotM for me. It was close. Gordon was superb as per usual and it's conclusive now that we've absolutely had Everton's pants down getting him for half the going rate for a player of his quality. But returning to Bruno, his importance is almost immeasurable. He's the absolute heartbeat of the side.

Isak's return is incredibly important too. Today's goal made it 8 in 10 domestic league and cup matches so far this season. He scores goals without even necessarily playing well. He's some player.

Trips back on form again too with a typically gutsy performance that typifies the ethos of the side.

That's almost my favourite performance of the season so far given the circumstances behind and ahead of us. It sets the tone for the month ahead. If they lost today it would have been disappointing. But with the injuries, bad luck, endless games ahead, etc., it would have been understandable if we struggled against a team of mercenaries with moments of quality in them. But our boys didn't let it happen. This side has been molded into a reproduction of Howe's persona on the pitch. This is a side that actually pulls its socks up and dust itself down. They don't just talk about it.

Cracking post, toonotl. :good:

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, toonotl said:

aye, bruno for me too, although there was a few times yesterday where I'd like to have seen him have a shot. seems to maybe lacking a bit of confidence to do so, shame because we've seen he can get more goals. 

what probably prevented gordon getting motm was most of our plsy went down the right in the 1st half, thought he looked a bit isolated at times, not so in the 2nd half and he was superb. absolutely love the lad I do.  :)

and agree about the importance of yesterday's win, last time out at bournemouth we were fucking woeful tiredness/injuries shouldn't mask that. we needed a good performance, gave it and kept ourselves in touch with the top 4 spots. all in all a thoroughly enjoyable day out and well worth the £62 I ended up forking out for the east stand in resale.

just one little comment to add really, very envious of those headed over to paris in the next day or two, we can beat these french twats on their own patch too.

it's utter fucking madness to suggest we'd be better off out the c.l. (you know who you are!) we spent all last season battling to qualify for the fucking thing, give it up now? nah, not for me... I don't want the milan game to be a dead rubber. 

get in to them and fuck the french cunts up. 

Edited by thebrokendoll
  • Like 10

4 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

just one little comment to add really, very envious of those headed over to paris in the next day or two, we can beat these french twats on their own patch too.

it's utter fucking madness to suggest we'd be better off out the c.l. (you know who you are!) we spent all last season battling to qualify for the fucking thing, give it up now? nah, not for me... I don't want the milan game to be a dead rubber. 

get in to them and fuck the french cunts up. 

We’ll do your bit and get the fucking match thread up, you lazy cunt! 😉

• Haha 5

Couldn’t post yesterday as too busy with the grandchildren, but what a magnificent win.  Just read the thread and everything’s already been covered. 

Isn’t it lovely that all these great teams of not too long ago are just no match for the Mighty Mags. 

The rest has done the lads good, but such a shame that these injuries are inevitably going to tarnish what should have been another great season. We can’t play those 11 three times a week and there’s nobody else left. Hopefully the next two windows will add a bit more quality in depth at all levels so we get the next Fodens etc coming through.

Would really like to see us get through to the League cup final.

• Like 7