Señore Pioli's "Americans in the midfield" Milan vs. Meester Eddie's Iron Men XI

Zathras

Our luck in general is just shit. How many times have we blamed luck on the results we've had? I've gone through every stage of emotion tonight, fucking gutted we've gone out. 45 minutes ago we were flying. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Zathras said:

Man have we had shit luck in this competition. Didn't deserve to lose to Dortmund at home, had no breaks.  Should have been a win in Paris, got fucked. Didn't deserve to lose here, no breaks.  

agree. We’ve been very unfortunate. A bit naive perhaps but great experience for manager and players.

Can’t fault the effort of the players. They never stopped working. It’s obviously disappointing but this is a team to be proud of 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm not up for blaming Schar or anyone else tbh. We were going for the win trying to finish a massively improbable second in the group of death, and we left ourselves open against a top European side.

It really doesn't need to be anyone's fault. I need a couple more seasons of this before I start slagging anyone for us not making the last 16 of the CL.

I think that you have to distinguish. We gave it a decent shot and did well. But we made it difficult for ourselves. Individual mistakes did cost us again as so many times this season.

I am still proud of the team but wished that sometimes we just had been a bit more clever.

• Like 2

Just now, Andrew said:

Thank god we've got the winter break coming up to get some rest...oh wait, we're the only country in europe that doesnt do that.

3 Days - Fulham
3 Days - Chelsea
3 Days - Forest
5 Days - Liverpool

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Trippier probably needed a rest but it all went flat when he went off sadly. Howe was in an impossible position really and we were a fucking disgraceful decision in Paris away from doing it. Knack Fulham on Saturday and get it back

It did.  We lost our move on the left hand side with Tino and Gordon and Miggy looked lost without Trips there.

These lads will be gutted but they’ve done us proud in my book. 

Hardest group of the competition and we took them all the fucking way, with a decimated squad for most of it. 

The lads who’ve come in to cover the injured have been fucking great, the regular lads who’ve played through it have been giants. 

No shame at all going out of this group, shame we missed out on the EL, but, even that might’ve been too soon for us. 

We’ll be back, better, bigger, and we’ll have our days in the sun. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Isegrim said:

I think that you have to distinguish. We gave it a decent shot and did well. But we made it difficult for ourselves. Individual mistakes did cost us again as so many times this season.

I am still proud of the team but wished that sometimes we just had been a bit more clever.

When the dust settles Howe should be getting the hair dryer out for the first goal when we decided to stop and appeal for offside instead of playing to the whistle. Might have been going to the next round if not for that.

Not fair to look at that only of course, there's so many things in play not least that horrible decision in Paris. 

Rest and focus on the league now. Really need a win against Fulham now to stop what is becoming a very poor run of form.

We looked fucked again in the second half. That’s without doubt the issue recently. 

We are ahead of schedule. Now we are in trouble to not progress but I’m blaming injuries on that. 

hopefully we can limp through to January and be around the European places as some players come in and back. 

My concern now is that bruno is a big flight risk. Liverpool already tabled a £100m bid for him in the summer and now that would be very tempting for him if we don’t get back into European football. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

These lads will be gutted but they’ve done us proud in my book. 

Hardest group of the competition and we took them all the fucking way, with a decimated squad for most of it. 

The lads who’ve come in to cover the injured have been fucking great, the regular lads who’ve played through it have been giants. 

No shame at all going out of this group, shame we missed out on the EL, but, even that might’ve been too soon for us. 

We’ll be back, better, bigger, and we’ll have our days in the sun. 

Aye, I think this is the sort of thing you have to go through as a team to grow and hold down a spot at the top level.

The team has given a 100%, no doubting that and you cant ask for more. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Can we see the empty eclair box?

Hmmmm? 

I think we know who to blame for this.…

Half a job tbh, should have stuck with the winning pizza and éclair combo. That said, bet he didn't even eat the fuckers, probably just smooshed them up and hoyed them in the bin to save his "precious waistline" :cuppa:

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Can't see it  but if he does fuck him and it would sort our FFP for years

Aye. We'll get north of £100m and we'll get better off the back of it.

Players will come and go, but we're massively on the right trajectory.

• Like 1

Just now, aimaad22 said:

Aye, I think this is the sort of thing you have to go through as a team to grow and hold down a spot at the top level.

The team has given a 100%, no doubting that and you cant ask for more. 

Aye. 

Result aside, this was everything you want in a European night- exciting as fuck, tbh, we’ll see this again with the right result in the not-too-distant-future too. 

Remember the utter, utter, turgid shite we were served from Bruce , Carver :lol:, etc, not very long ago at all, and it puts tonight in perspective. 

We’re going out tonight, but we’re going in the right direction overall as a club.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MrBass said:

Half a job tbh, should have stuck with the winning pizza and éclair combo. That said, bet he didn't even eat the fuckers, probably just smooshed them up and hoyed them in the bin to save his "precious waistline" :cuppa:

Anyone who thinks I didn't eat the fuck out of that éclair simply does not know me.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We looked fucked again in the second half. That’s without doubt the issue recently. 

We are ahead of schedule. Now we are in trouble to not progress but I’m blaming injuries on that. 

hopefully we can limp through to January and be around the European places as some players come in and back. 

My concern now is that bruno is a big flight risk. Liverpool already tabled a £100m bid for him in the summer and now that would be very tempting for him if we don’t get back into European football. 

If he fucks off he fucks off but I can't see it.