Señore Pioli's "Americans in the midfield" Milan vs. Meester Eddie's Iron Men XI

Zathras

4 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

We looked fucked again in the second half. That’s without doubt the issue recently. 

We are ahead of schedule. Now we are in trouble to not progress but I’m blaming injuries on that. 

hopefully we can limp through to January and be around the European places as some players come in and back. 

My concern now is that bruno is a big flight risk. Liverpool already tabled a £100m bid for him in the summer and now that would be very tempting for him if we don’t get back into European football. 

I don't want Bruno to leave in the slightest but if he does go for £100m we could in theory spunk £500m on new players by spreading over 5 years. He took a chance on us when we could have been relegated so I think he will stay. He is idolised here and his Mrs seems to love it here too.

Not that we would be that foolish to spunk £500m but it would open so many doors financially.

Besides, once we get everyone back Europe is very manageable with the squad we have

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Imo with Botman in we don't go to sleep for that first goal. It's small margins at the top. Lascelles has been great but it's these fine margins that set the top players apart. 

Aye. It’s where we are though. Botman is a rolls Royce.  Hopefully he is back soon. Our away form needs him.

• Like 1

Don't think we were remotely arsed about Europa, it was CL or bust. We tried, just didn't quite have the experience or penetration. Ugh, it's sickening, we were 35 mins away from an amazing night.

Sincerely grateful to this side for getting us into the thing again though - great players, great team. Standing ovation from me. Thanks lads.

• Like 7

I am totally deflated tbh.

I am not disappointed just deflated. It is kind of absurd that we did go out despite being in the group of death. We only played poorly in the first game. We hammered PSG at home. We should have won against Dortmund at home because of the chances created but got beat because of them being clever. We lost at their place despite playing well and because of them getting a throw in awarded despite the ball being still in play. Then we weathered the storm in Paris until the ref made the most absurd decision to overrule his own correct decision.

Today we did gift two stupid goals and were unlucky not to score a second ourselves.

Last season we were on a ride and everything seemed to go our way. This season we do have the habit of making it difficult for ourselves. We have hardly lost any games because of playing badly but because of making costly mistakes. It is really frustrating.

• Like 6

34 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What was KD saying about fatigue?

Clearly we are gassed to fuck in the middle.

We were shite from start to finish against Everton and Spurs.We played well tonight. A bit naive going for the win and committing most of our defence to the edge of their box has caught us out 

6 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Don't think we were remotely arsed about Europa, it was CL or bust. We tried, just didn't quite have the experience or penetration. Ugh, it's sickening, we were 35 mins away from an amazing night.

Sincerely grateful to this side for getting us into the thing again though - great players, great team. Standing ovation from me. Thanks lads.

This is true. Europa prize money is paltry in comparison to the Champions League. We're better off trying to bolster our league position by focusing on the premier league. Even if ironically that means we qualify for the Europa...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RobElliott said:

When you think about it, the list of fixtures at the start of the season, the CL group opponents and our opponents in the Carabao Cup it's nothing short of magnificent the tune Eddie has got out of the players.

Howe is still doing a magnificent job. Our lack of results is a mixture of lack of confidence, lack of luck, lack of experience and stupidity but not because of bad coaching.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Isegrim said:

Last season we were on a ride and everything seemed to go our way. This season we do have the habit of making it difficult for ourselves. We have hardly lost any games because of playing badly but because of making costly mistakes. It is really frustrating.

That's football though. It's very hard to break into the top. Even harder to stay there. So many teams outside the established big boys get into the CL and then fall away not to be seen for another many years. It's a hell of a transition. 

When you play more games you make more mistakes, especially when you sign 4 players in the summer window.

What's encouraging is we've gone about the right way so far in building the club in a manner that ensure we'll be back soon. We just need to keep building steadily. Secure a good league position again this season and upgrade 2-3 first team positions next summer.

fucking gutted.

incredibly proud of the lads for their efforts and on the whole our support, tremendous effort in backing the team, however for the section in l7e who refused to stand up and join the rest of l7 and instead moaned at everybody and tapped on those shoulders of those who did....

fuck off and watch another sport you utter thundercunts.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

36 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

This result presents us with a bit of a quandary tbh lads. 

We either go back to one match thread, which has brought mixed results, or we step up and have three. 

mMkjWN1ziPio0.webp

I think we need to start keeping a proper log of what works and what doesn't. What we've learned from tonights painful lesson is,

1. Two match threads doesn't cut it, at least not with the personnel chosen to create them for tonights game

2. Splitting a delicious white chocolate KitKat over two halves doesn't work - sorry, my fault!

3. Wolfing down two M&S éclair's pre-match like a cock starved whore also doesn't work - nice one G-Dawg!

4. Taking a giant rancid dump in the middle of the game is a big no no - that's on you Wykiki!

5. The stuff @Isegrim said in the other thread

6. @Holden McGroin shouldn't be celebrating Christmas - for shame!

Anything I missed?

Edited by MrBass
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

6 minutes ago, MrBass said:

I think we need to start keeping a proper log of what works and what doesn't. What we've learned from tonights painful less is,

1. Two match threads doesn't cut it, at least not with the personnel chosen to create them for tonights game

2. Splitting a delicious white chocolate KitKat over two halves doesn't work - sorry, my fault!

3. Wolfing down two M&S éclair's pre-match like a cock starved whore also doesn't work - nice one G-Dawg!

4. Taking a giant rancid dump in the middle of the game is a big no no - that's on you Wykiki!

5. The stuff @Isegrim said in the other thread

Anything I missed?

Ever since we rearranged the furniture in my lounge to accommodate the Xmas tree we’ve lost. 

I’m on the verge of telling the mrs we need to put it back the way we normally have it but she’ll think im crazy.

• Haha 6

5 minutes ago, Renton said:

Got to admit, I feel as low about this as I ever have done since the takeover. A lot of people kidding themselves otherwise I reckon. 

Always jam tomorrow with us. I want my jam now ffs. 

I feel with you. I am pretty low because I think there were so many opposing for us to make something out of it.

But they were clever and experienced.   Bon chance tbh