Newcastle United vs Fulham FC

Gemmill

I was thinking of doing the Chelsea thread as it's not straightforward and my balls would rival buster from Viz but I'll gladly step aside and wish gemmill all the best and promise I won't slate him much if we don't progress. :good:

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I was thinking of doing the Chelsea thread as it's not straightforward and my balls would rival buster from Viz but I'll gladly step aside and wish gemmill all the best and promise I won't slate him much if we don't progress. :good:

You can take over if I ever lose.

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

The red definitely was a help no two ways, we still look jaded even when were on top. A few sloppy passes. Not being negative towards the players they've given a lot and haven't had any kind of reasonable rotation for a lot of them. Miggy is a hard one, he puts the graft in but long term I'll not be disappointed to see him used for LC cup games or as a sub. I hope Chelsea won't come too soon for some of them. 

Miggy had the best running stats and pass completion of all the goal scorers they flashed on screen on the stream I was watching. Got five shots away and got his goal. 

I agree he needs to be replaced at some point but for now, he’s fine. There are much more urgent areas that need to be addressed first. And even after he’s upgraded I can see Howe wanting to keep hold of him as a squad player - he’s a Howe player and is more than capable rotation option against lower tier premier league sides. 

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Meaner has been criminally overlooked. We’d still be playing champions league football if Zathras and AH hadn’t fucked us 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 5

1 minute ago, thebrokendoll said:

go on then, I'll humour you as you're on a roll.....

who's gonna win strictly? I reckon you'll be rooting for leyton.

:lol: I don't watch it. I used to when Ola Jordan was shaking her baps all over the shop but sadly my second wife is not a fan. I'm making it part of the qualifying criteria for number 3.

• Haha 4

34 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Miggy had the best running stats and pass completion of all the goal scorers they flashed on screen on the stream I was watching. Got five shots away and got his goal. 

I agree he needs to be replaced at some point but for now, he’s fine. There are much more urgent areas that need to be addressed first. And even after he’s upgraded I can see Howe wanting to keep hold of him as a squad player - he’s a Howe player and is more than capable rotation option against lower tier premier league sides. 

I totally get his attributes and do appreciate them honestly but I can't help but scream at some of his shortcomings on the the right foot. (I realise this is a lot down to Eddie who plays him on the right but it seriously does my head in and I promise, his good points doesn't go unnoticed). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I totally get his attributes and do appreciate them honestly but I can't help but scream at some of his shortcomings on the the right foot. (I realise this is a lot down to Eddie who plays him on the right but it seriously does my head in and I promise, his good points doesn't go unnoticed). 

Aye same. I appreciate his positives but his extreme one footedness is offensive and fucking ludicrous for a top level footballer.

And for that reason he's the player I have the least patience with.

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

Ideally he’d be at the level in the squad currently taken up by sone one like Ritchie. Ditto players like Jacob Murphy. Except Howe would trust them more in terms of rotation and sub appearances than he does an over the hill Ritchie. But we’re just not at that point yet. He’s got goals in him, even if he should score more, plus his work rate and attitude is spot on. He’s frustrating as fuck at times but when you think Bruce practically forced him out it’s mental really. As he’s been a massive part of our progress since the takeover. 

• Like 8

Biggest frustration with Miggy is he can score wonder goals and set up superb goals and get back and help out Trips. He's got that in his locker. 

But

Far too many times he thwarts our own attacks because of his inability to cross with his weaker foot. Or play a ball with it etc. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I knew there was a hyphen in there somewhere, but I was confident MF wouldn't know.

Let's just agree to delete these last two posts.

IMG_8423.jpeg.84fb41b0f04fe053eba4ea66c0e2503b.jpeg

• Haha 3