Fuck this shit, plastic oil CG cock sucking inbreds vs here you go mate we don’t really want the ball for fucks sake pass to one of your players cunts.

5 minutes ago, NJS said:

I'd take a David Batty - I think he was more of a footballer than most people think so a player like that would be the best of both worlds. 

he certainly was more than a footballer 

image.png.979a1da48cc8d98b58f91ffd8fad1f6f.png

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I will always maintain signing Batty cost us the league. Slowed down the whole team

One of several arguments I disagree with :)

I think I've moved over the years to agree with KK - I think they just had the winning experience we lacked - if we had done it a few more would have followed. 

6 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

I will always maintain signing Batty cost us the league. Slowed down the whole team

He was our best player in the run-in. We lost the title because certain players bottled it and KK fucked up with Beardsley/Gillespie.

3 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

He was our best player in the run-in. We lost the title because certain players bottled it and KK fucked up with Beardsley/Gillespie.

Gillespie was injured 

Swapping Clark for Batty

Fazackerly leaving for Blackburn at Christmas 

Lack of title run in experience

are your top 4 reasons IN ORDER for NUFC not winning the title in 95/96 . All other suggestions are wrong :cuppa:

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Gillespie was injured 

Swapping Clark for Batty

are your top 4 reasons IN ORDER for NUFC not winning the title in 95/96 . All other suggestions are wrong :cuppa:

I don't recall Gillespie having any injuries. I do recall KK dropping him and shifting Beardsley out wide to accommodate Tino.

Swapping Clark for Batty improved us. Agree with the lack of run-in experience though.

For me, Batty was quality . We had much more control of a game when he played.

Accommodating Beardo on the left for Tino and inexperience lost us the title. Some of the players performances dropped off (Clarks no doubt would have as well as he was playing above his level) in the last third of the season.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Gillespie was injured 

Swapping Clark for Batty

ManU winning virtually every game after Xmas, including at Fortress St James. Not sure if that's covered by point 4 or not though. 

i blame this cunt for putting in a title-winning performance at our place. we never should have lost that game in a million years 

image.thumb.png.5c96aae39c9d1b26fb69f1ac11f4b2b0.png

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, MMXXVIII said:

I don't recall Gillespie having any injuries. I do recall KK dropping him and shifting Beardsley out wide to accommodate Tino.

Swapping Clark for Batty improved us. Agree with the lack of run-in experience though.

Gillespie was kicked out of a crucial 6 week period after Xmas by Gary fucking Neville - ptobably as big a contribution as Schmeichel's. 

• Like 3

21 hours ago, BobHopeandNoHope said:

On that basis re yellow cards….shouldn’t Rodri have had a second yellow for clattering Bruno when he cleared the ball in our six yard box. Couldn’t believe it never even got a mention. 

Yes, it was IDENTICAL to Brunos challenge. They both went to block/divert the ball. Both were probably happy to leave a mark on each other knowing this. Its a mans game. Just play on.

I quite enjoyed the Mackem game where there could have been lots of VAR checks but we just played on without 100 slow-mo replays.  VAR needs to fuck off and let the onfield ref just play on unless there is something off the ball. The ref is looking at the game, let him have the balls to make the decision. Slo-mo makes every  tackle look a million times worse.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NJS said:

Gillespie was kicked out of a crucial 6 week period after Xmas by Gary fucking Neville - ptobably as big a contribution as Schmeichel's. 

I really don't remember him being injured but do remember the 2-0 defeat down there just after Christmas. Even if it was 6 weeks you're looking at February for a return and in that run-in I remember Beardsley on the right wing and Gillespie on the bench; the irreplaceable Ginola, Ferdinand and Lee shitting themselves with Batty being one who actually didn't.

Also recall Barton and Beresford being replaced by Watson and Elliott, as their arses went as well.