Oonoy Immeray’s Beige Cunts vs Lee Dixon’s Beloved Black and White Shithouses.

Monkeys Fist

7 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

That interview with Gordon that I posted above goes into that. You might have already seen it on last night's coverage. 

If you expect me to willingly watch anything with Rio Ferdinand in it then you're sadly mistaken.

• Haha 6

Game of two halves for Big Dan Burn. I thought he was our best player in the first half. Absolutely immense. Won all his headers and duels. Looked like the Burn of last season. Diaby caused him no bother whatsoever - is Diaby as good as we all thought after all? Tielemens too, another one we were linked with, offered little.

Bailey on the other hand. Wow, what a player he looks. Pace to burn and he made Burn look like a Sunday league player on more than one occasion after he came in for Diaby. It wasn’t until we switched to three at the back and Tino took care of Bailey that we looked comfortable again. 

Credit to Howe for the in game tactical switch. I don’t mind us switching formations mid-game to see out a result. Good to see that flexibility and I wonder if we might have seen out results against PSG or Milan if we’d done it in those games. BDB looks like a good option as a left sided centre half in a back three and tripper, Krafth, Tino and hall can all play wing back so it’s definitely an option 

Edited by Dr Gloom

5 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Game of two halves for Big Dan Burn. I thought he was our best player in the first half. Absolutely immense. Won all his headers and duels. Looked like the Burn of last season. Diaby caused him no bother whatsoever - is Diaby as good as we all thought after all? Tielemens too, another one we were linked with, offered little.

Villas fans (after an enjoyable perusal of their forums this morning) dont reckon hes any good at all, fallen off badly after a bright start.

2 hours ago, The Fish said:

It worked, didn't it?

You might question my methods, but you can't question the results.

Season 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

It's nice that you stuck with the narrative for the Luton match mind. Way to commit soldier. Can you be the next Contrary Tree and see it out for the remainder of the season?

Fickle Fish & Contrary Tree, saving Newcastle's season one thread at a time! :lol:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Gemmill said:

This is worth a watch, mostly for the interview with Gordon. He speaks really well and you can feel his ambition, talking about the psychology of the battle with the full back. 

just watched that on my train to work. Really enjoyed it. Howe and Gordon both come across really well - astute students of the game. Even Ferdinand seemed informed and articulate - way fewer brainless cliches than normal.

2 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

Even Ferdinand seemed informed and articulate - way fewer brainless cliches than normal.

They actually used a voice over artist to do Ferdinand's bit afterwards. To make it look lifelike they stuck peanut butter to the roof of his mouth so he'd look like he's talking, it's the same thing they did to make the monkeys talk in the PG Tips adverts.

And no, that's NOT racist.

• Haha 3

Excellent performance all round, wish I could stop shitting myself when we're 3-0 up mind !!!

Amazing what a good slab of uninterrupted training sessions can do, and a bit of a rest.

28 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

just watched that on my train to work. Really enjoyed it. Howe and Gordon both come across really well - astute students of the game. Even Ferdinand seemed informed and articulate - way fewer brainless cliches than normal.

Just need Southgate to stop picking Rashford, Grealish, Sterling and Saka on name/club alone 

10 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just need Southgate to stop picking Rashford, Grealish, Sterling and Saka on name/club alone 

Last thing we need is Southgate fucking up any of our players tbh.

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

He should be ahead of Graelish and Rashford on this season’s form. But he won’t be 

• Like 1