Sir Edward of Howe’s Paggered But Awesome Beige Baiting Beauties vs Lorraine Chase.

Monkeys Fist

Oh well. Did well to come back but that was still very concerning how we fell apart at home again. 

That Murphy chance in the end man... Really should have scored. 

If Burn starts again it'll be the first time I start questioning Howe. It's the most obvious thing in football right now that he's a complete liability. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

Thought we were done at 4-2, nice to get back in their, phew

Back in their what?

• Haha 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

Money seriously needs to be spent in summer like.  We need to stop being nostalgic about certain players too.

We don't really have any options nostalgia or not, if this window hasn't shown how hampered by FFP we are then nothing will.

16 minutes ago, toonotl said:

10 added minutes. Wow. Can't remember us ever actually being given that amount of time. We normally get screwed.

As it turns out we still got screwed.

• Like 2

Can't stand shitty, little southern clubs like Luton being in top division. I can't believe they've managed to slime their way back up through the leagues. Eddie has a bit of a rebuild on his hands in the summer I'd suggest? We can't afford to screw it up either. 

• Like 1

Bruno must be getting told to get forward more. He did this v Forest as well.  

Miley barely got involved in the second half. He was clearly fatigued. 

This season is a sadly a write off but good to see Barnes coming on and scoring. I think when he gets going we have 10+ goals a season from the wing. Wilson looked sharp as well. 

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 2

Mixed feelings. Suppose at least I can watch Motd. If we can consolidate on sixth position this year that would pretty much match my expectations and get us in the EL which is a level we can compete at. 

But conceding 10 at SJP in 3 games is dire. Not going to finish top half playing like that. Get it sorted Howe. 

• Like 1

Just now, Renton said:

Mixed feelings. Suppose at least I can watch Motd. If we can consolidate on sixth position this year that would pretty much match my expectations and get us in the EL which is a level we can compete at. 

But conceding 10 at SJP in 3 games is dire. Not going to finish top half playing like that. Get it sorted Howe. 

It’s fitness again. 3 games in a week is unsustainable for the way he plays with the same 11-13 players.  That includes flogging a 17 year old because there are no alternatives.

Shit result really but looked like it could have been a lot worse at times. 

A point, and now we can all get our Glad-hands on ready for the main event of the evening. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

Can't stand shitty, little southern clubs like Luton being in top division. I can't believe they've managed to slime their way back up through the leagues. Eddie has a bit of a rebuild on his hands in the summer I'd suggest? We can't afford to screw it up either. 

When you look at who we have coming back calling for a rebuild is a bit premature. Barnes just back with a super positive return, Willock, Anderson getting close. Isak to be back before long. If we start the season with everyone fit it's a different beast to what we've encountered this season.

On top of the above we also have Tonali back. We're quite stacked in midfield but we desperately need to strengthen our options up top. Having two strikers in our squad is crazy, even more so when they're Wilson and Isak.

I'm not sure what will happen with Hall, but it's clear that Howe doesn't think he currently fits into his vision and that's despite Burn being routinely showed up. We can't afford to pay big money for a chance that he will overcome his weaknesses so surely we'll be trying to get out of any obligation.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

Oh well. Did well to come back but that was still very concerning how we fell apart at home again. 

That Murphy chance in the end man... Really should have scored. 

If Burn starts again it'll be the first time I start questioning Howe. It's the most obvious thing in football right now that he's a complete liability. 

He was brought as a back up centre back and that is the most he should be, fukin criminal that Liveramento is left out for him, howe needs his headshaking.

Just now, Holden McGroin said:

It’s fitness again. 3 games in a week is unsustainable for the way he plays with the same 11-13 players.  That includes flogging a 17 year old because there are no alternatives.

I'm not buying that against Luton tbh, who played the same time as us. We had 2 weeks off prior too. Reading the thread, I think you've got to criticise Howe for not changing things when it is clearly not working. He's a great manager in many ways but his in game tactics can be sus. 

2 minutes ago, Renton said:

I'm not buying that against Luton tbh, who played the same time as us. We had 2 weeks off prior too. Reading the thread, I think you've got to criticise Howe for not changing things when it is clearly not working. He's a great manager in many ways but his in game tactics can be sus. 

Luton used a lot more subs. Didnwe have anyone left on the bench that could have come on to change the game?

We really should have won it with that Bruno cross for Murphy.

1 minute ago, OTF said:

When you look at who we have coming back calling for a rebuild is a bit premature. Barnes just back with a super positive return, Willock, Anderson getting close. Isak to be back before long. If we start the season with everyone fit it's a different beast to what we've encountered this season.

On top of the above we also have Tonali back. We're quite stacked in midfield but we desperately need to strengthen our options up top. Having two strikers in our squad is crazy, even more so when they're Wilson and Isak.

I'm not sure what will happen with Hall, but it's clear that Howe doesn't think he currently fits into his vision and that's despite Burn being routinely showed up. We can't afford to pay big money for a chance that he will overcome his weaknesses so surely we'll be trying to get out of any obligation.

I agree with much of that but there are still big areas that need upgrading if we are to get back to the CL and compete. Miggy, Murphy, even Longstaff. Burn the most obvious one but we already have his replacement Howe just needs to get over the affair. There's the number 6 of course. And then a third striker obviously. 

So 4-5 good signings at least in the summer and move along some more of the deadwood. A lot of work. 

11 minutes ago, Renton said:

luton don’t play with a huge press like we do. Plus, does two weeks really help that much? 

Murphy hasn’t played for months and had to play 3 games on the spin. The midfield had no energy bar Bruno who vacated his number 6 spot to rampage around the pitch. 

6 minutes ago, OTF said:

We desperately need to look at the striking situation. Long term replacements needed for Tripps, (Tino will need an understudy if he's the RB?) The kid at Swansea doesn't look he'll be ready yet. LB needs sorted, The midfield is a funny one as we've loads but they're never all available. Murphy showed a lack of quality today, Miley is being asked to continually play above his station, he's shown what he can do and will hopefully be so I've no worries long term. I've already kind of written off this season just purely through the bizarre injury situation but can we do another season expecting to breeze through it injury wise? Wilson isn't going to change his body, Isak can't be flogged as he breaks down. I'm hopeful we'll know what we're doing off the pitch and it'll be interesting to how how things pan out regarding FFP in the summer. Chelsea who we could easily have beat have Liverpool in the final of the LC. This side would've got fuck all against them at Wembley, hopefully we get past Blackburn but ultimately we're not beating Man City or the deal with the devil club, Liverpool. Once I've got over the four goals today I'll be a bit more zen but improvements are still needed longer term.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Money seriously needs to be spent in summer like.  We need to stop being nostalgic about certain players too.

Who are you thinking bar the obvious Ciggy and Burn ?

22 minutes ago, OTF said:

Luton used a lot more subs. Didnwe have anyone left on the bench that could have come on to change the game?

If he took Burn off for Tino as soon as it was clear that he was repeatedly getting done down their right hand side then we win that game.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Holden McGroin said:

Who are you thinking bar the obvious Ciggy and Burn ?

Ciggy, Burn and MIggy the main ones.  Yes squad players, but not starters.  I am not saying get shut.

Its the lack of midfield options thats fucked us this season.  But, is Longy fully fit?  He's not looked great since he's come back.

• Like 1