Sir Edward of Howe’s Paggered But Awesome Beige Baiting Beauties vs Lorraine Chase.

Monkeys Fist

Just had a browse through the #howeout hashtag on Twitter after reading an article about people turning on the manager online during the Luton game, which I could barely believe -  absolutely embarrassing craic from “fans” who clearly have only “supported” us for five minute 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Dr Gloom said:

Just had a browse through the #howeout hashtag on Twitter after reading an article about people turning on the manager online during the Luton game, which I could barely believe -  absolutely embarrassing craic from “fans” who clearly have only “supported” us for five minute 

As we get better it’s only going to get worse. Although I don’t have a Twitter account and never really look at it (unless someone posts a tweet on here) which helps ;) 

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

This season can just fuck off to be honest.

Nah.. hammered PSG, beat ManU and ManC. Minutes from CL next round and CC semifinal, still in FA Cup and a more than decent chance of some sort of Europe again next year

It's a season we could have only dreamed of for a decade and s half

Oh and Klopp is fucking off, we've hammered the beige twice, won 8-0 away and seen AG10 join Bruno Isak BigJo and Botman as players that could probably walk into any team in Europe.

And this is during a season where we've had nothing go our way. 

Enjoy the rollercoaster motherfuckers

Oh and humiliated the unwashed

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I know it's been done to death, but so many of our issues come down to who's available. Burn at LB with Joelinton and Pope in the team is a very different prospect than without them. 

Pope sweeping up would mean the pace of Luton's right winger is less dangerous and with Joelinton protecting that flank more the supply line would be choked. 

Burn does need swapping out because what he brings to the team is now less than he takes from it. 

No surprise that we look paggered after 3 games in 7 days because there's just no let up. Howe needs to make quicker changes to the side but anyone talking about getting rid is just overreacting to a bad result.

This season can just fuck off to be honest. So can LTA

With more options available there can be some rotation to help with the 3 games in 7 days.  So anyone saying fatigue doesn't have a bearing is just mad.

Yeah saw that last night, shocking stats tbf and shows how much we're missing Pope.

Also doesn't help when you don't have recognised striker on the field and our fastest player has to fill in as a false 9. Miggy and Gordon on the wings yesterday and we probably wouldn't have conceded 4.

44 minutes ago, spongebob toonpants said:

Nah.. hammered PSG, beat ManU and ManC. Minutes from CL next round and CC semifinal, still in FA Cup and a more than decent chance of some sort of Europe again next year

It's a season we could have only dreamed of for a decade and s half

Oh and Klopp is fucking off, we've hammered the beige twice, won 8-0 away and seen AG10 join Bruno Isak BigJo and Botman as players that could probably walk into any team in Europe.

And this is during a season where we've had nothing go our way. 

Enjoy the rollercoaster motherfuckers

Oh and humiliated the unwashed

You know what, I don't often say this but, I was wrong and you're absolutely right.

Right, off for a Dettol scrub. LATERZZZZ

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

GFcpjP7XIAECR0D.jpg

That sample includes only 5 games 

With games against Liverpool (a), Man City (h), Aston Villa (a). 

Across the season it reads;

Goals conceded 12th

Shots on target faced 16th

Shots faced 15th

xGA 18th

Not great, admittedly, but there are obvious mitigating factors 

What about the other end of the pitch;

Goals scored 5th

Shots 8th

Shots on target 6th

xG 2nd

All that ends up with 33pts, League pos 9th, currently 3pts off 6th. 

Pretty good when you can count the number of games we've had two fit strikers on one hand. And also the number of games with no fit strikers is greater than zero, which is suboptimal. 

• Like 7

On 04/02/2024 at 10:23, The Fish said:

That sample includes only 5 games 

With games against Liverpool (a), Man City (h), Aston Villa (a). 

Across the season it reads;

Goals conceded 12th

Shots on target faced 16th

Shots faced 15th

xGA 18th

Not great, admittedly, but there are obvious mitigating factors 

What about the other end of the pitch;

Goals scored 5th

Shots 8th

Shots on target 6th

xG 2nd

All that ends up with 33pts, League pos 9th, currently 3pts off 6th. 

Pretty good when you can count the number of games we've had two fit strikers on one hand. And also the number of games with no fit strikers is greater than zero, which is suboptimal. 

I think we're seeing the effects of having Gordon on the left and not having Willock for basically the whole season and missing Joelinton a bit too.  We're not the defensive unit we were (Pope's injury is hurting us too) and Burn in particular seems to be suffering from it. The change in how we are going about things in an attacking sense has certainly weakened us defensively.  Howe still seems to be struggling to find the right balance, we're having less games where it looks like we can't score but we're not keeping the clean sheets that we were, particularly earlier on last term.  And I can't see that changing this season without having Jo or Tonali back.  Even when they are, it still seems to me that we need a proper number 6 instead of playing a flat midfield 3.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

I think we're seeing the effects of having Gordon on the left and not having Willock for basically the whole season and missing Joelinton a bit too.  We're not the defensive unit we were (Pope's injury is hurting us too) and Burn in particular seems to be suffering from it. The change in how we are going about things in an attacking sense has certainly weakened us defensively.  Howe still seems to be struggling to find the right balance, we're having less games where it looks like we can't score but we're not keeping the clean sheets that we were, particularly earlier on last term.  And I can't see that changing this season without having Jo or Tonali back.  Even when they are, it still seems to me that we need a proper number 6 instead of playing a flat midfield 3.

Can't underestimate the impact of not having Tonali, Joe and Willock available for much of this season. Even just in terms of pure energy and how vital that is to our system. 

From the little we saw of Tonali I think it was clear that he's got a serious engine, surprising pace too at times. We've bascially seen nothing of the side that Eddie wanted to put out this season.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, David Kelly said:

not helped by only having three fit midfielders to choose from either, one of whom is 17 

• Like 4

Saw this at the weekend and think there’s something in it as it’s been largely  corroborated by a couple of Bournemouth supporting mates but tbf I remembered them saying it at the time. I’d like to think that such a highly intelligent man will be able to make things work with what  he has available. We’ll see. 

Edited by PaddockLad

Do your research vibes from Mr 20 Twitter followers who can’t even get the name of the signing right. Also on one hand he’s saying history repeats itself and then on the other he’s inadvertently saying Howe has learnt from his mistakes and that’s why he isn’t playing a 6? He can get in the fucking sea too along with the rest of the impatient babies 

• Like 2
  • Haha 6

Was going to say - Lemina was at Southampton. Jefferson Lerma was Bournemouth. Think that Ryan Jacob confusing the two players alludes to him not having a clue about what he's saying, and just stabbing in the dark with a statement that comes across as insightful and on-the-nose.

Stand out memory from that season when it went off the rails for Howe at Bouremouth and he was relegated was how turbo-shit Phil Billing was everytime I watched him. Dossing about in CM. Which can be easily seen in highlights below when we beat them 4-1.

I live on South-Coast, and watched Bouremouth a handful of times when they were in L1, Championship. A lot of those players Howe stuck with all the way to even a couple of seasons in the Prem - Cook, Francis, Daniels, Surman, Arter, Gosling, Fraser, Wilson. My memories of watching Bouremouth in the Prem at is was usally 4-4-2/4-4-1-1 with Arter-Surman, Billing-Lerma double pivot. 4-3-3 never jumps out in the memory. 

The recruitment was a huge issue at Bournemouth the longer they stayed in the Prem, and they never got it right when it came to transitioning away from the stalwart L1/Champ players into that next phase. Perfect example is the midfield of Harry Arter (40k from Woking)/Andrew Surman became £45M worth of Phil Billing and Jerferson Lerma. Howe's brother Andy Howe I seem to recall was big part of recruitment at Bournemouth, and is involved here too.

We smashed Bournemouth 4-1 that season, in what is probably one of only a few good performances that instantly spring to mind from under Bruce. Hard to tell from highlights, but does seem like a 4-4-2... double pivot sort of midfield rather than the 4-3-3 (creative base, with 2 hardworking '8's' ahead) Howe's been playing here. The huge gap between defensive line and midfield is something we've seen here often when our press fails. 

Not questioning Howe yet, but there is now new challenges for him here that could be parralled to the challenge of turning PL Bouremouth 1.0 into Bouremouth 2.0, one he ultimatly failed at. Would like to see him bring in a fresh face to his coaching team in the summer - not to necasserily overhaul the team he's worked with for so many years, but we've seen Pep, Klopp, Fergie was classic for it bring in a new face that will help evolve the team.

Edited by Nefilim

1 hour ago, Nefilim said:

This is essentially what I was saying on Sat. If there is no pressure on the ball then burn with lots of space in behind him is a piss easy out ball for the opposition. 

he is struggling with the midfield in front of him so either we tighten up in the middle of the park or Eddie gives a Tino a go. Preferably both to be honest. 

Howe's not a 'elite' coach because he's not yet had the chance to be one. This boring rehtoric pushed by the likes of Simon Jordan in the media and picked up by Twitter nonces is tedious as hell. If you've had years at top and not won anything I understand people questioning your ability at that level.

But if you've come in and changed the whole outlook and feel of the club whilst punching above your weight in the first couple of years and people start questioning you at the first sign of a hiccup, all it says is that they want you to fail. Probably because you're not their idea of a fancy looking, foreing sounding, twat acting 'top' manager. Twats.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Alex said:

Do your research vibes from Mr 20 Twitter followers who can’t even get the name of the signing right. Also on one hand he’s saying history repeats itself and then on the other he’s inadvertently saying Howe has learnt from his mistakes and that’s why he isn’t playing a 6? He can get in the fucking sea too along with the rest of the impatient babies 

Thats not what I make of the post,  I think he just doesn’t play with a proper defensive midfielder because It takes away from the press.  It was Lerma who came in and didn’t really work at DM at AFCB (2018/19, they finished 14th) when Howe was accused of being too loyal to his defenders like Steve Cook and Simon Francis, that’s why Lerma was brought in and it didn’t really work. They went down the following season. Am not suggesting we’re going anywhere near relegation, am suggesting Eddie’s running game will have its limits and with Tonali suspended we’ve had to stick with it regardless 

Edited by PaddockLad
  • Like 3

What did the Howes ever do for us….. (in 2 years)

Saved us from relegation

Got us to a cup final

Got us into the Champions league

Got us playing great football

Made Joelinton

Delivered us Bruno

And people are wetting their knickers because a freakish turn of events has stuttered that progress.

:lol: 

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Saved us from relegation

Got us to a cup final

Made Joelinton

Delivered us Bruno

And people are wetting their knickers because a freakish turn of events has stuttered that progress.

Point is he’s got to try to make it work with what he’s got because despite huge mitigation he’s spent 400 mill and it’s not Twitter gobshites he’s got to keep happy it’s bonesaw dude 🤷🏻‍♂️

There's been zero indication so far that PIF have unreasonable expectations from this project. In fact everything so far shows they're building for long term sustainable success. 

Also, 400M across two years is hardly blockbuster stuff by today's standards. Nevertheless, with that we got CL football faster than anyone imagined, plus a cup final in his first full season. 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Christmas Tree said:

Saved us from relegation

Got us to a cup final

Made Joelinton

Delivered us Bruno

💯 

The #howeout crew can get in the bin. 

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, aimaad22 said:

There's been zero indication so far that PIF have unreasonable expectations from this project. In fact everything so far shows they're building for long term sustainable success. 

Also, 400M across two years is hardly blockbuster stuff by today's standards. Nevertheless, with that we got CL football faster than anyone imagined, plus a cup final in his first full season. 

I think they have written off the season and will back Howe to finish as high as he can with the current squad before going big in the summer when hopefully ffp will

be less of an issue.

The Eales interview was designed to put pressure on the PL to loosen the P&S regulations. The PL don’t want another transfer window where no cunt spends any money for fear of being the next Everton.  Nor do Sky. It’s not good for the “best league in the world” brand. 

I’d like another European adventure next season but 8th isn’t the end of the world if they’re allowed to give Howe £200m+ to spend in the summer and he has more time on the training pitch without the extra fixtures. 

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Like 4