Sir Edward of Howe’s Paggered But Awesome Beige Baiting Beauties vs Lorraine Chase.

Monkeys Fist

8 hours ago, Dr Gloom said:

I’d like another European adventure next season but 8th isn’t the end of the world if they’re allowed to give Howe £200m+ to spend in the summer 

Win the FA Cup and doesn't matter where we finish, a trophy at long last and another European adventure albeit in the Europa league, which is probably the best we can get anyway with a league position.

Edited by sammynb
  • Like 3

More likely we lose our best players who want to play in Europe and we struggle to get in players with aspirations to play at that level.

So we end up with Phillip Billings and the like and those that keep harping on about upgrading Miggy will get even more chance.

Footballers careers are short and the good players don't have a lot of patience.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Holden McGroin said:

Have ANY of your predictions ever come true?

I'm really confident about this next one:

I predict that you will die of syphilis. 

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Title challenge next season if we don't make the European spots. You heard it here first. 

there’s the kiss of death, ffs

3 hours ago, sammynb said:

More likely we lose our best players who want to play in Europe and we struggle to get in players with aspirations to play at that level.

So we end up with Phillip Billings and the like and those that keep harping on about upgrading Miggy will get even more chance.

Footballers careers are short and the good players don't have a lot of patience.

I read some comments from Bruno on Twitter post-Luton that seemed to be laying the groundwork for a summer departure if we don’t qualify for Europe 

4 hours ago, Gemmill said:

Title challenge next season if we don't make the European spots. You heard it here first. 

Shocked Joseph Sikora GIF by Power Book IV: Force

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Thats not what I make of the post,  I think he just doesn’t play with a proper defensive midfielder because It takes away from the press.  It was Lerma who came in and didn’t really work at DM at AFCB (2018/19, they finished 14th) when Howe was accused of being too loyal to his defenders like Steve Cook and Simon Francis, that’s why Lerma was brought in and it didn’t really work. They went down the following season. Am not suggesting we’re going anywhere near relegation, am suggesting Eddie’s running game will have its limits and with Tonali suspended we’ve had to stick with it regardless 

I get what you're saying, but I think there's a way to play with a 6 and maintain the high press. If you've got 5 more attack minded players, 2 attacking fullbacks, a sweeper keeper and a mobile number 6, you can push high up so the 6 is doing his work closer to the centre circle. 

There he can cover the marauding fullbacks, help break up attacks, protect the centrebacks and start counters.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The Fish said:

I get what you're saying, but I think there's a way to play with a 6 and maintain the high press. If you've got 5 more attack minded players, 2 attacking fullbacks, a sweeper keeper and a mobile number 6, you can push high up so the 6 is doing his work closer to the centre circle. 

There he can cover the marauding fullbacks, help break up attacks, protect the centrebacks and start counters.

So do you think that was the most pragmatic option (due to our injury crisis) during the window if finances had allowed? …. because as you’re suggesting we don’t have that player at the club. 

We didn’t need this sort of player last year, if everyone’s fit the system doesn’t work that way. We run and we press. We don’t ask a player to sit in. Everyone was happy with it last year but because of personnel issues we’re still doing it but it’s not working . Not saying change isn’t required, it plainly is. Bruno went forward at 2-4 on Saturday and was fuckin brilliant  the utter bastard :D but we didn’t concede when he did it, so maybe we need to work on that? 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 minute ago, PaddockLad said:

So do you think that was the most pragmatic option (due to our injury crisis) during the window if finances had allowed? …. because as you’re suggesting we don’t have that player at the club. 

We didn’t need this sort of player last year, if everyone’s fit the system doesn’t work that way. We run and we press. We don’t ask a player to sit in. Everyone was happy with it last year but because of personnel issues we’re still doing it but it’s not working . Not saying change isn’t required, it plainly is. Bruno went forward at 2-4 on Saturday and was fuckin brilliant  the utter bastard :D but we didn’t concede when he did it, so maybe we need to work on that? 🤷🏻‍♂️

I think had the right player been available we would have moved for them. 

Without the DM we can play a form of the high pressing game we saw last year, but only when Joelinton and Pope are fit.

10 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I think had the right player been available we would have moved for them. 

Without the DM we can play a form of the high pressing game we saw last year, but only when Joelinton and Pope are fit.

Well yeah that’s what I’m saying Joe and Pope are out. So we have to adapt with what we’ve got. I think that’s why at 2-4 Bruno was pushed forward and it worked well. Wishing we had a player of the type we’ve not played with before that we couldn’t afford anyway isn’t really groping towards a solution 

2 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Well yeah that’s what I’m saying Joe and Pope are out. So we have to adapt with what we’ve got. I think that’s why at 2-4 Bruno was pushed forward and it worked well. Wishing we had a player of the type we’ve not played with before that we couldn’t afford anyway isn’t really groping towards a solution 

Last few games Bruno's been more conservative with his runs and passing, which I think has diminished his impact, but served the team better. 

It's like trying to get Tom Hanks to fix the spaceship with whatever they've got lying around.

7 hours ago, PaddockLad said:

Also, Longstaff and Miley need to learn that once a while you can foul somebody and take a yellow card for the team. Miley can be forgiven given his age/experience but Longy far too often lets players maraude through the middle when he should be making a cheeky foul. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, aimaad22 said:

Also, Longstaff and Miley need to learn that once a while you can foul somebody and take a yellow card for the team. Miley can be forgiven given his age/experience but Longy far too often lets players maraude through the middle when he should be making a cheeky foul. 

They both come from good families.  Too polite.

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, RobinRobin said:

They both come from good families.  Too polite.

He's clearly been told by someone to say how XYZ is great for him and his family as it's mentioned in pretty much every interview :lol:

'So Louis, you have managed to wipe your own arse today'

'Aye, its a very proud moment for me and my family'

I am sure now they do some sort of media training.  It must still be mental for some to go through, but he's done brilliant.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

He's clearly been told by someone to say how XYZ is great for him and his family as it's mentioned in pretty much every interview :lol:

I am sure now they do some sort of media training.  It must still be mental for some to go through, but he's done brilliant.

It's taken you this long? For what it's worth I think whatever training they receive focuses on the wrong thing. They are often so guarded, so bland so as not to provide soundbites or make mistakes. When really, a course that allows them to be more human and have a laugh would make interviews way more interesting. It's a game after all, they don't need to hit the soundbites like a backbench MP

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Fish said:

It's taken you this long? For what it's worth I think whatever training they receive focuses on the wrong thing. They are often so guarded, so bland so as not to provide soundbites or make mistakes. When really, a course that allows them to be more human and have a laugh would make interviews way more interesting. It's a game after all, they don't need to hit the soundbites like a backbench MP

Aye, you can tell Burn has come up from the doldrums of league football as he is much more natural during interviews IMO. He just speaks from the heart and isn't scared to take the piss and have it taken out of him etc - I much prefer that than the cookie cutter responses you get from the kids who came through at the top level.

I think some call centre charlatan has written a script that covers all questions posed by interviewers and peddled it to every premier league club. There may be a list of buzzwords at the back of the book for them to dig into whenever they are posed a question that goes off script.

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

:lol:

'Lewis, another great performance and at only 17 as well! It must be a great feeling for you playing for your boyhood club?"

"Yeah, everything is going fantastically well, even the other week I got out the showers after training and noticed I had a couple of black hairs sticking out near my willy! I phoned wor kid for advice and he said it was just natural and part of growing up which was a really proud moment for all of us, although I did tell him not to say anything to mam and dad as I'd feel a bit embarrassed, like."

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Howmanheyman said:

:lol:

'Lewis, another great performance and at only 17 as well! It must be a great feeling for you playing for your boyhood club?"

"Yeah, everything is going fantastically well, even the other week I got out the showers after training and noticed I had a couple of black hairs sticking out near my willy! I phoned wor kid for advice and he said it was just natural and part of growing up which was a really proud moment for all of us, although I did tell him not to say anything to mam and dad as I'd feel a bit embarrassed, like."

I hope he reads this, scores at the weekend, runs up to the nearest camera and scream "aah've got puuuuuuuuuuubes" into the lense.

• Haha 7

11 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I hope he reads this, scores at the weekend, runs up to the nearest camera and scream "aah've got puuuuuuuuuuubes" into the lense.

I heard CT thought he had a strange looking new pube till he pissed out of it. True story so they reckon. :cuppa:

• Haha 6

54 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

I heard CT thought he had a strange looking new pube till he pissed out of it. True story so they reckon. :cuppa:

Please return that joke back to the British Museum when you’re finished with it :cuppa:

• Haha 8

16 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Please return that joke back to the British Museum when you’re finished with it :cuppa:

It'd be the only thing that actually belongs there.

• Haha 10