Pep’s peripatetic perfection seekers v Eddie’s egregious error strewn erseholes

I don't think Eddies position is in doubt, and I'd doubt the fans in the stadium will get on his back either. They don't seem to see that we've got players who have been here for and since the championship. Eddie got a good tune out of them last year but maybe the consistency is what separates them being better players. 

• Like 5

Anyone calling for Eddie to go is a petulant know-nowt fuckwit. 

Given the complete asset strip that Fatman did on the club- players, staff, facilities, the fucking lot, for us to have made the CL, reached a cup final, still be in with a shout of a Euro spot, not to mention avoiding relegation when we were dead in the fucking water, gives him more than enough breathing space when the inevitable dip in performance from a paper thin squad comes. 

In terms of the rebuild he’s doing, we’ve dug the foundations and have the blueprints. 

That’s it. 

• Like 10

It could’ve been worse. They could’ve signed Bellingham in the summer. Just to clarify, I meant Jude 

• Haha 7

18 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Given the complete asset strip that Fatman did on the club- players, staff, facilities, the fucking lot, for us to have made the CL, reached a cup final, still be in with a shout of a Euro spot, not to mention avoiding relegation when we were dead in the fucking water, gives him more than enough breathing space when the inevitable dip in performance from a paper thin squad comes. 

In terms of the rebuild he’s doing, we’ve dug the foundations and have the blueprints. 

That’s it. 

Season 4 Success GIF by The Office

The bit about the staff and facilities especially.  The training ground etc is a massive thing and that cunt not spending for years cannot be sorted over night.  

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

My gaffer who is a City fan said it was a shit game and the ref was shit.

Might be worth smearing your own faeces on his car windscreen when he’s back in on Monday. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

That’s it. 

Spot on.

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I think its what Gemmil has been saying that makes the most sense - 

If we start that managerial merry go round now it doesn’t end. He’s had zero luck this season & has enough in the bank from last season & the relegation run in for people to shut the fuck up. 

He’s been exceptional in the grand scheme of things

100%

loads of mitigation

absolutely the wrong time to push the panic button  

the supporters in the stadium still back him. Plenty of “Eddie Howe and Jason Tindall” chants in the away end today. It’s only the dipshits on Twitter losing faith 

in Eddie we trust. 

• Like 4

thought you put out the right kind of lineup to frustrate and nick it today. defend solidly, press. counter quick. 

thought you pressed well in spells.

we got 2 lucky goals that let us coast playing keep ball. even if we were nearly undone a couple of times.

funny how different fan bases see things differently. most blues will tell you that the bbc hate us and that there is a clear and obvious bias against us from them. admittedly towards the history clubs. they can't not mention the 115.. they were desperate for liverpool to beat us and before that united.

city aren't financially doped. they're just well run by serious businessman rather than ex football people or entrepreneurs. there's a reason that newcastle united and manchester united want to copy the model. and it's not about cheating.

those 115 charges will see us exonerated imo. in which case the papers will be full of apologies just like after CAS (yeah right). for those that missed it they cleared us of all charges due to their being and i quote "no evidence" (bar compliance). they also stated that whilst they couldn't rule on the time barred charges, "no evidence" had been submitted to support them. the words "no evidence" appeared 17 or 19 times can't remember which. the compliance fine was reduced from 30m to 10m due to mitigating circumstances. namely we stopped complying when they started leaking confidential information to the (supposedly it was liverpool supporting rick parry who dunnit whilst sitting on uefa's ffp board).

we've missed grealish big time. injured, returns, injured, repeat. gets fouled constantly so no wonder. he was a key player in the treble. brings us the kind of possession and control that doku is nowhere near. pep hasn't so much alluded to that as simply state it.

poor liverpool and arsenal with their injuries. you don't see it in the press but we've had significant spells without Ederson, Stones, Rodri, KDB, Grealish, Doku and Haaland. Half of those would be the spine of any other premier league team. 

noticed that bruno was linked to us in a few papers. funny how that only happens when we play each other.

its a 2 way street, we're fed up of playing you guys too. its no fun.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonBlue said:

thought you put out the right kind of lineup to frustrate and nick it today. defend solidly, press. counter quick. 

we got 2 lucky goals that let us coast playing keep ball. even if we were nearly undone a couple of times.

funny how different fan bases see things differently. most blues will tell you that the bbc hate us and that there is a clear and obvious bias against us from them. admittedly towards the history clubs. they can't not mention the 115.. they were desperate for liverpool to beat us and before that united.

city aren't financially doped. they're just well run by serious businessman rather than ex football people or entrepreneurs. there's a reason that newcastle united and manchester united want to copy the model. and it's not about cheating.

those 115 charges will see us exonerated imo. in which case the papers will be full of apologies just like after CAS (yeah right). for those that missed it they cleared us of all charges due to their being and i quote "no evidence" (bar compliance). they also stated that whilst they couldn't rule on the time barred charges, "no evidence" had been submitted to support them. the words "no evidence" appeared 17 or 19 times can't remember which. the compliance fine was reduced from 30m to 10m due to mitigating circumstances. namely we stopped complying when they started leaking confidential information to the (supposedly it was liverpool supporting rick parry who dunnit whilst sitting on uefa's ffp board).

we've missed grealish big time. injured, returns, injured, repeat. gets fouled constantly so no wonder. he was a key player in the treble. brings us the kind of possession and control that doku is nowhere near. pep hasn't so much alluded to that as simply state it.

poor liverpool and arsenal with their injuries. you don't see it in the press but we've had significant spells without Ederson, Stones, Rodri, KDB, Grealish, Doku and Haaland. Half of those would be the spine of any other premier league team. 

noticed that bruno was linked to us in a few papers. funny how that only happens when we play each other.

I hope you were the Man city fan I hit with a soggy mince pie in the kippax in '84

• Haha 9

6 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

Stop It Golden Girls GIF by TV Land

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

At the minute it feels a bit like fighting the school bully. You've got your hand on our head, holding us at bay, while the PL and UEFA applaud admiringly. (I know you think the PL and UEFA hate your club, but your position is also being protected by their current ruleset).

As long as other clubs are locked out of progressing, the perception will be that the clubs that got there before all the restrictions came are financially doped. Whether you cheated to get there or not.

And I know you feel very strongly that you'll be exonerated and that the obfuscation exercise that your club is engaged in is due to annoyance with the way the club has been treated in the past. But to an outsider, it just looks like the same sort of tactics that Trump employs to delay justice.

If a great exoneration and a flood of apologies is coming, why put barriers in the way?

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

What is Tory boy saying about Howe? I don't listen anymore so asking Gemmill

I'm not telling you. It's a secret.

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

Didn’t realise you had it so bad. God speed. 

• Haha 4

While I don’t doubt they’re under more scrutiny than most clubs, does it seem remotely realistic that they’ve got absolutely nothing to hide and are just obfuscating and string the process out? Purely because they want to annoy the authorities because of the way they’ve been dealt with in the past? 
And you can take your patronising pat on the head and shove it so far up your jacksie that it tickles your fucking tonsils 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

At the minute it feels a bit like fighting the school bully. You've got your hand on our head, holding us at bay, while the PL and UEFA applaud admiringly. (I know you think the PL and UEFA hate your club, but your position is also being protected by their current ruleset).

As long as other clubs are locked out of progressing, the perception will be that the clubs that got there before all the restrictions came are financially doped. Whether you cheated to get there or not.

And I know you feel very strongly that you'll be exonerated and that the obfuscation exercise that your club is engaged in is due to annoyance with the way the club has been treated in the past. But to an outsider, it just looks like the same sort of tactics that Trump employs to delay justice.

If a great exoneration and a flood of apologies is coming, why put barriers in the way?

the rules were hurried in to stop us and psg. and had to be tweaked but we both got through and they didnt like it.

yes we're protected by the rules now. fully agree. i think city fans are split on whether we want a level playing field or to enjoy the benefits a little longer. i would prefer a level playing field. But not one with liverpool or united or arsenal at the top. not after what they've done to us.

we're not obfuscating or delaying by the way. defence doesn't come into play until prosecution have had their say. otherwise what are we defending? we hear the words charges a lot but its still an investigation into allegations. our defence is our books and contracts, its up to the premier league to challenge specifics at which point we can defend the specific accusation. also, we can only supply citys books, supposedly the premier league are also chasing info from third parties. why should mancini even reply to the premier league. big companies have done their due diligence and then invested in us. seems unlikely they found anything. Man utd took omar berrada from us as their CEO. He would be heavily involved in any FFP misdeeds by city should they exist. so united presumably think he's doe nothing wrong. if we're dirty, he's very dirty.

i was joking about the apologies. despite being cleared by cas of all charges, everyone said we were guilty still. when has the truth ever stopped an opinion piece by the way. we are frustrated that the club hasn't pursued the press or banned a few like fergie used to do.

also i may be in a bit of a mood as the wife had a car crash with my daughters in the cart yesterday. all okay but still. so apologies for me not being quite so neutral as i normally am here

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, toonotl said:

Hope everyone's alright mate.

the wifes face was cut but otherwise fine thanks. my girls were fine too. now we have the fun of insurance and blame and garages.

• Sad 1

No need to apologise at all, and pleased to hear everyone is OK.

I'm just a) sick of playing you lot and b) sick of the club trying to make progress with the handbrake fully on.

• Like 2