Pep’s peripatetic perfection seekers v Eddie’s egregious error strewn erseholes

My understanding is that Man City are/have been taking the maximum allowed time in responding to requests for information etc, in an attempt to frustrate and delay the process.

I don't understand why they would do that if they thought they were going to be exonerated.

• Like 2

Just now, Gemmill said:

My understanding is that Man City are/have been taking the maximum allowed time in responding to requests for information etc, in an attempt to frustrate and delay the process.

I don't understand why they would do that if they thought they were going to be exonerated.

Same as what Team Sky did with the Dawg ventolin situation. 

U Know Flirt GIF by Wimbledon

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

thought you put out the right kind of lineup to frustrate and nick it today. defend solidly, press. counter quick. 

thought you pressed well in spells.

we got 2 lucky goals that let us coast playing keep ball. even if we were nearly undone a couple of times.

funny how different fan bases see things differently. most blues will tell you that the bbc hate us and that there is a clear and obvious bias against us from them. admittedly towards the history clubs. they can't not mention the 115.. they were desperate for liverpool to beat us and before that united.

city aren't financially doped. they're just well run by serious businessman rather than ex football people or entrepreneurs. there's a reason that newcastle united and manchester united want to copy the model. and it's not about cheating.

those 115 charges will see us exonerated imo. in which case the papers will be full of apologies just like after CAS (yeah right). for those that missed it they cleared us of all charges due to their being and i quote "no evidence" (bar compliance). they also stated that whilst they couldn't rule on the time barred charges, "no evidence" had been submitted to support them. the words "no evidence" appeared 17 or 19 times can't remember which. the compliance fine was reduced from 30m to 10m due to mitigating circumstances. namely we stopped complying when they started leaking confidential information to the (supposedly it was liverpool supporting rick parry who dunnit whilst sitting on uefa's ffp board).

we've missed grealish big time. injured, returns, injured, repeat. gets fouled constantly so no wonder. he was a key player in the treble. brings us the kind of possession and control that doku is nowhere near. pep hasn't so much alluded to that as simply state it.

poor liverpool and arsenal with their injuries. you don't see it in the press but we've had significant spells without Ederson, Stones, Rodri, KDB, Grealish, Doku and Haaland. Half of those would be the spine of any other premier league team. 

noticed that bruno was linked to us in a few papers. funny how that only happens when we play each other.

its a 2 way street, we're fed up of playing you guys too. its no fun.

Go Away Do Not Want GIF

• Haha 4

8 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

thought you put out the right kind of lineup to frustrate and nick it today. defend solidly, press. counter quick. 

thought you pressed well in spells.

we got 2 lucky goals that let us coast playing keep ball. even if we were nearly undone a couple of times.

funny how different fan bases see things differently. most blues will tell you that the bbc hate us and that there is a clear and obvious bias against us from them. admittedly towards the history clubs. they can't not mention the 115.. they were desperate for liverpool to beat us and before that united.

city aren't financially doped. they're just well run by serious businessman rather than ex football people or entrepreneurs. there's a reason that newcastle united and manchester united want to copy the model. and it's not about cheating.

those 115 charges will see us exonerated imo. in which case the papers will be full of apologies just like after CAS (yeah right). for those that missed it they cleared us of all charges due to their being and i quote "no evidence" (bar compliance). they also stated that whilst they couldn't rule on the time barred charges, "no evidence" had been submitted to support them. the words "no evidence" appeared 17 or 19 times can't remember which. the compliance fine was reduced from 30m to 10m due to mitigating circumstances. namely we stopped complying when they started leaking confidential information to the (supposedly it was liverpool supporting rick parry who dunnit whilst sitting on uefa's ffp board).

we've missed grealish big time. injured, returns, injured, repeat. gets fouled constantly so no wonder. he was a key player in the treble. brings us the kind of possession and control that doku is nowhere near. pep hasn't so much alluded to that as simply state it.

poor liverpool and arsenal with their injuries. you don't see it in the press but we've had significant spells without Ederson, Stones, Rodri, KDB, Grealish, Doku and Haaland. Half of those would be the spine of any other premier league team. 

noticed that bruno was linked to us in a few papers. funny how that only happens when we play each other.

its a 2 way street, we're fed up of playing you guys too. its no fun.

game pretty much went the way I and all but probably the terminally stupid expected it to, but travelled up there anyway more in hope than expectation.

weird one yesterday I thought and very well summed up here....

https://true-faith.co.uk/report-city-cup-2324/

never had any real dislike for man city although the game in '84 which @Tdansmith alludes above was pretty hairy, wasn't pies coming over in our direction that day from the kippax. 

hand on heart, I'd  honestly opt for wandering round the streets of moss side round maine road or even the early days at the city of manchester stadium walking up past the mary d's. all felt a bit souless rolling up in the tram at the etihad campus.

oh and I've still got heartburn from one of  your fucking £6 a pop chicken balti pies.

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

game pretty much went the way I and all but probably the terminally stupid expected it to, but travelled up there anyway more in hope than expectation.

never had any real dislike for man city although the game in '84 which @Tdansmith alludes above was pretty hairy, wasn't pies coming over in our direction that day from the kippax. 

hand on heart, I'd  honestly opt for wandering round the streets of moss side round maine road or even the early days at the city of manchester stadium walking up past the mary d's. all felt a bit souless rolling up in the tram at the etihad campus.

oh and I've still got heartburn from one of  your fucking £6 a pop chicken balti pies.

As depressing as it is, that article is spot on. 

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

How did Lewis Hall do btw?

He looked ok. Not much he could do under the circumstances. That formation would suit him and Livramento imo. I’d have been inclined to start him there with Burn as one of the central 3. Which would also suit the latter. Probably not relevant to the result although that’s where both their goals came from. Howe clearly doesn’t fancy him though so it’s probably moot 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, LondonBlue said:

city aren't financially doped. they're just well run by serious businessman rather than ex football people or entrepreneurs.

We now go live to the Man City commercial department:

image.gif.3d3769bbd6bb34741083dcb8aa360950.gif

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

Those looking for micro-managed, financially illicit (allegedly), on field action, gather now. Max out the credit cards, gorge on your cheeseboards, and bag yourself a lovely gander at Jack Grealish’s calves. Tunnel club? Fucking do one.

:lol: My fave paragraph

11 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

aye, I thought so too mate. it's pretty much the end game for eales etc.

not sure it's for me anymore.  :(

IMO We have a while to get there, enjoy that ride first.

• Like 2

At one point late on I was thinking whether there were any of their players I'd like to see have their leg broken (Yes, I can get stupidly bitter about football at times) but unlike other clubs I disappointingly couldn't think of any and satisfied my need for hatred by thinking of their fans' cozy love-in with the mackems. 

There were also some very Scouse/Man Utd style spoilt bastards in the crowd highlighted by the coverage but that's just the way it goes - as someone else said we'd probably be the same but I suppose it's a price worth paying for the success. 

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

It depends which information they have already provided or the treatment that they receive.

I work with a company who make it standard to take 2 weeks to reply to an email when I require something from them (they have shared their policy to reply to emails within 2 weeks to be fair to them). This is extreme frustrating especially when it takes 2-3 emails to get to the bottom of an issue. I now apply the same approach with them and set a reminder in my calendar or schedule send a response. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, wykikitoon said:

If UEFA couldn't find them guilty with the financial clout they have with their lawyers the Fa and PL aren't.

Not exactly, I think some of the charges against City were ruled out because they were time barred by UEFA’s own rules. The PL isn’t restricted in the same way.

Just now, ewerk said:

Not exactly, I think some of the charges against City were ruled out because they were time barred by UEFA’s own rules. The PL isn’t restricted in the same way.

FFS ewerk.  Why do you have to be so well read and know how offside works?

• Haha 3

44 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

IMO We have a while to get there, enjoy that ride first.

the trophies might be a while away yet, not so the clubs determination to change the make up of our support, I reckon its hurtling along at a rapid rate.

make no mistake these fuckers would happily price out the ordinary supporter or find a reason to ban them if they can be replaced with some fucker who's willing to fork out £50 for a membership with a one in five chance of winning an over priced ticket for a game against brentford.

it's coming.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

the trophies might be a while away yet, not so the clubs determination to change the make up of our support, I reckon its hurtling along at a rapid rate.

make no mistake these fuckers would happily price out the ordinary supporter or find a reason to ban them if they can be replaced with some fucker who's willing to fork out £50 for a membership with a one in five chance of winning an over priced ticket for a game against brentford.

it's coming.

Len Shackleton left a blank page in his autobiography titled, 'The Average Director's Knowledge of Football'. That blank page now would be titled, 'The fucks directors give about lifelong supporters being phased out for cash'.

Edited by Howmanheyman
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NJS said:

There were also some very Scouse/Man Utd style spoilt bastards in the crowd highlighted by the coverage but that's just the way it goes - as someone else said we'd probably be the same but I suppose it's a price worth paying for the success. 

long term city fans hate those fans too. sadly with success comes plastics and knobs. i would like to think that core support is the same as ever. some city fans long for the old days but they're gone (unless we lose the 115).

i've done my time suffering and more than happy for a few years in the sun before i pop my cloggs

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, ewerk said:

a fair point although not quite true. some charges could be time barred under PL rules, depends on the wording, but its unlikely that will be a factor. for instance i've heard said that liverpools hacking of citys database would now be time barred.

CAS couldn't rule us not guilty on the time barred stuff as it was time barred but CAS stated that there was no evidence to support the time barred charges.