Burnley v Newcastle United 04/04/24

Just now, wykikitoon said:

I think Wor Eddie will leave Dubs in net for the remainder of the season. 

If  he does and Pope doesn't go to the Euros, that'll go down like a shit sarnie. 

It's an easy chat with Dubravka that too. He'd have to be a cunt to go in a huff about it. 

• Like 2

Commentary saying Muric has made 'vital saves' for them today. What exactly is vital about a save in a game that you get beat by three in?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Gemmill said:

If  he does and Pope doesn't go to the Euros, that'll go down like a shit sarnie. 

It's an easy chat with Dubravka that too. He'd have to be a cunt to go in a huff about it. 

Do you think Safegate will take Pope? Especially off of the remaining games? 

Just now, wykikitoon said:

No chance IMO.

• Like 2

Great result. It was not a sure thing today by any means. The team really showed up today (after a bit of a slow start).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OTF said:

Commentary saying Muric has made 'vital saves' for them today. What exactly is vital about a save in a game that you get beat by three in?

Makes Sheffield's defensive record look even worse :dunno:

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, wykikitoon said:

Probably. He's just back up for Jordosaurus anyway. Chances are he won't play a single minute. 

The point though is Pope will want the chance to prove there's nothing wrong with his shoulder. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I wouldn't care if he did go in a huff. It worked out well for him in Manchester when he did that last time. He has not been good enough to keep the starting position and that is all that should really matter. 

I think his move to Manchester said a lot to me. I got that going from number 1 to 2 was hard. The opportunity to go to Manchester United should also be appealing for a foreign player as well as the name has historic value. However, it also makes me feel that he is not going to do his all to work hard to reclaim the spot. 

He has had some good spells for us this season but way too many times has he made errors. 

• Like 2

56 points, potential maximum of 65. Still got 3 games to go but last season was 71 so it hasn't been that bad by comparison.  Hopefully we can stay above Man Utd now before our visit to OT. 

In a similar chances game we should be scoring more than them and it was a piece of piss game against them at the end, think that's why Eddie went two up front especially the way we've been giving chances away and it worked as it should. Taylor was a fucking joke as per. Tbh when you look at the points Man U have spawned plus the GD then we should be in sixth which is a fucking excellent position with the way this season has went injury wise. It's a joke that Man United could finish above us but the dice is loaded so it'll probably happen.

• Like 4

I know it'll never happen, but since Botman got injured, Dan Burn has been better than any English CB in the league bar John Stones and should be in the England squad this Summer. I wouldn't rule Wilson out of the 3rd CF spot either if he scores in the next 3 games 

4 minutes ago, Kid Dynamite said:

I know it'll never happen, but since Botman got injured, Dan Burn has been better than any English CB in the league bar John Stones and should be in the England squad this Summer. I wouldn't rule Wilson out of the 3rd CF spot either if he scores in the next 3 games 

Tbh Maguire in a poor team has stepped up since the start of the year. Wilson won't go because he's made of glass.

2 hours ago, LongTimeAdmirer said:

were farken winning the europa league next year

Satisfying I Love It GIF by Travis

Setting my sights higher than that tbh. 3/4 good signings and we’ll be smashing that fucking title challenge ceiling right in

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Setting my sights higher than that tbh. 3/4 good signings and we’ll be smashing that fucking title challenge ceiling right in

If Tonali works well with Bruno...

Francesco Totti Football GIF by AS Roma

• Like 1

Okay, which one of you wrote this?

True Faith Match Report

Will we miss Turf Moor? Perhaps. The adjacent cricket ground is the perfect setting for a pre-match tipple. Cheap, spacious, a few hundred seats out front. Alas, no sunshine but there was a little entertainment in seeing Adam P, dressed as if he were matchday, awkwardly begin chants after requests from the pavilion balcony. The cries of “the club pay for your tickets” were less welcome, but it was largely in jest. Still, he didn’t dare neck the drink a stranger bought him. Just in case, like.

:smile:

• Haha 5