Eddie’s late thread lackeys v de Zerbi’s beach bums

11 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i agree it’s time to sell Miggy to Saudi. Two awful bits of play, firstly not to bend his run for the offside goal then that comical dice when he was in if he stayed on his feet. Unforgivable and cost us two points 

giphy.gif.fc2fcd4e79bff18e954dd2bed75b1711.gif

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

If/when we peddle Miggy, he goes with my best wishes tbh. 

Clearly not quite up to scratch now, but he’s one of those lads I can’t help but like. 

If his skill matched his effort he’d be a world beater, but it doesn’t. :lol:

Best of luck to him wherever he goes. 

Arguably his purple patch last year fired us into the Champions League.

I can't dislike him either but it's definitely time

On the bright side that point means that win the next two games and we are sixth no matter what. Can't complain about that considering how bleak it was in December

• Like 6

Isak was ill yesterday and still not properly right today, apparently. Just underlines the need to replace Wilson with someone who can be available in situations like this. 

• Like 5

Brighton came to do a job and ref fully facilitated it the absolute fuckin cunt. Midfield radar was off for all those who dwelled in there, final ball consistently atrocious. Not sure why Miggy dived (??) looked like there was contact but he made a fuckin banquet of it, daft cunt. Just south of Durham on train, already regretting life choices :cuppa: 

• Haha 5

The most infuriating thing with the Miggy dive was, he was away. The defender had fully committed himself and the ball was beyond him and rolling into the box. All he needed to do was run onto it. So stupid. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

The most infuriating thing with the Miggy dive was, he was away. The defender had fully committed himself and the ball was beyond him and rolling into the box. All he needed to do was run onto it. So stupid. 

Was there contact? Definitely looked like it 

fuck me, the Miggy hate is preposterous. When he came on we actually had a threat on the right second half, a marginal offside and he's satan.

Barnes missed two gilt edged chances (all but sitters) where's the vitriol for him. Gordon was utter shite second half after a good first half (apart from the header he shouldered).

As a team we were flat, still in our hands.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

Nope. Total dive. Bloke didn't touch him. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Toonpack said:

fuck me, the Miggy hate is preposterous. When he came on we actually had a threat on the right second half, a marginal offside and he's satan.

Barnes missed two gilt edged chances (all but sitters) where's the vitriol for him. Gordon was utter shite second half after a good first half (apart from the header he shouldered).

As a team we were flat, still in our hands.

It's not hate, it's frustration. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

It's relentless and often unwarranted especially when there are others more culpable. 

• Like 2

zzzzzzz.gif

Cheerleaders only. No criticism allowed, regardless of how warranted. 

The lad took a really stupid dive at the end of the game when he could have advanced into the box with nobody on him. It deserves criticism and it's the latest in a long line of daft decisions from the bloke. 

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

I thought he played well when he came on. 

The whole team was a bit lacklustre today. I’m not sure if the press, then sprint back 30 yards every time the Keeper drove it low to Wellbeck helped.

Edited by Holden McGroin
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

zzzzzzz.gif

Cheerleaders only. No criticism allowed, regardless of how warranted. 

The lad took a really stupid dive at the end of the game when he could have advanced into the box with nobody on him. It deserves criticism and it's the latest in a long line of daft decisions from the bloke. 

Oh criticism is allowed but where's the criticism of others who are deserving.

Tino skinned several times first half, then when he got ball in great positions, hasn't picked a final ball to a black and white shirt all day. 

Gordon, terrible 2nd half.

Barnes couldn't hit a barn door today.

But aye, Miggy. It's tiresome. Yeah the dive was stupid but others are way more culpable today.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

none at all. Shocking dive 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Sorry I didn't realise I needed to complete a checklist. 

You're an accountant, I took it as a given.

Edited by Toonpack
  • Haha 4

53 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I’ve defended him loads on here. I still think he’s a decent PL squad player but he’s the type you probably have to cash in on because of the ffp bullshit

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toonpack said:

Oh criticism is allowed but where's the criticism of others who are deserving.

Tino skinned several times first half, then when he got ball in great positions, hasn't picked a final ball to a black and white shirt all day. 

Gordon, terrible 2nd half.

Barnes couldn't hit a barn door today.

But aye, Miggy. It's tiresome. Yeah the dive was stupid but others are way more culpable today.

Rule vs exception situation. 

Tino has been outstanding generally this season. He had a poor first half but he was great defensively in the second. Going forward everyone was rubbish. Barnes had a shocker I agree but again he's generally been good for us. 

With Miggy it's constant facepalm stuff. The purple patch last season was the exception, not the generally poor to average performances highlighted by cut backs and infuriating decision making we've seen in his time here. 

As others have said. Good lad, will remember him fondly. But it's been clear for a while he's not good enough for teams chasing or aiming to chase honours. 

• Like 3