General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Read some scary stuff about Amazon in the past week or so, but none more so than their plans to use unmanned drones to deliver goods to customers. They're in testing now apparently. :o

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/526493/20131201/lush-high-court-challenge-copyright-infringement-amazon.htm

Lush HQ less than 100 yards from our flat, all power to them :good:

they're a fairly large corporation themselves, a quick look on amazon and the searches coming back seem to be "custom tags" for the marketplace sellers

so it's like me selling soap on ebay and putting a tag for "lush" as one of the keywords, i can't see them getting anywhere with this tbh.

why can't they just direct them to the lush website?... I understand that's not how business on the internet works, but it doesn't mean lush aren't right to try to change it. Lush are run from a couple of smallish units on an industrial estate, have you seen one of Amazons "fulfillment centres" where you get £8 an hour on nightshift for walking 11 miles round and round during your shift like a fuckin drone?....wait a minute... :/

This is all a Baldrickian ploy; imagine the look on Jamal Ahmad Mohammad Al Badawi's face as he hears the whir of the drone bringing him his new Kindle Fire and skips out outside with hope in his heart and a skip in his step, he can't wait to read the next 50 Shades of Grey installment! Now imagine his face when BOOM a whole different kind of fire obliterates him and the 30 or so innocent bystanders.

'MURICA!!

Murica!!!.jpg

Read some scary stuff about Amazon in the past week or so, but none more so than their plans to use unmanned drones to deliver goods to customers. They're in testing now apparently. :o

Their testing in Glasgow hasn't been going that well so far.

:unsure2:

Why can amazon not give Lush free advertising and redirection? because they're a business not a charity, same way google don't just do it, or if you type goodmans stereo into currys it doesn't say "nevermind the sony ones goto www.goodmans.co.uk and spend money there"

It's how business based anywhere is done, you come in looking one thing if it's not on offer you might get sold an equivilient, you don't get a free taxi to spend the money elsewhere.

Lush are worth £150m and made £30m in profit last year, it's not like it's the little guy fighting the big corporation, it's a big corporation fighting a gigantic one.

The thing that complicates this is Amazon isn't operating as another retailer/manufacturer, they're acting as a host. They don't make cosmetics, your model works perfectly if you say Lush and Bodyshop, as they're both in the same game. Amazon is operating as a middle man, and the internet is still a pretty new tool with principles that are up in the air such as this.

Is it just? These people who go snorkelling / swimming in shark infested waters. Are they just stupid?

Would anyone on here go into the water on a stretch of beach that was renowned for shark attacks?

Shark attacks are incredibly rare mate*, but if I was in an area like, say, Gansbai, I'd definitely go in a Shark Cage. The thrill I got when swimming with bottom feeding mini-sharks in "Typhoon Lagoon" (part of Florida's Disney World) was impressive, so I'd only imagine it'd be amplified by meeting real sharks in their own environment.

Why do you ask? Have you been watching Jaws?

* http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/isaf/2012summary.html

Edited by The Fish

Shark attacks are incredibly rare mate*, but if I was in an area like, say, Gansbai, I'd definitely go in a Shark Cage. The thrill I got when swimming with bottom feeding mini-sharks in "Typhoon Lagoon" (part of Florida's Disney World) was impressive, so I'd only imagine it'd be amplified by meeting real sharks in their own environment.

Why do you ask? Have you been watching Jaws?

* http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/fish/sharks/isaf/2012summary.html

No it's regarding a news story this morning about a fella being bitten and killed off one of the Hawaii Islands Maui.

This sums it up

"It is the island's eighth shark attack this year and comes just three days after a shark bite was reported near the southern Keawekapu Beach."

You just wouldn't go in.

Typhoon lagoon is mint btw.

No it's regarding a news story this morning about a fella being bitten and killed off one of the Hawaii Islands Maui.

This sums it up

"It is the island's eighth shark attack this year and comes just three days after a shark bite was reported near the southern Keawekapu Beach."

You just wouldn't go in.

Typhoon lagoon is mint btw.

I went swimming of the coast of Hawaii, but then I'm absolutely nails.