General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Yeah I’m alive mush.

All very civilised, still a couple of long days drinking but nothing mental. 

• Like 3

Feeling a bit off key today. Whilst I fucking love late spring and summer, is anyone feeling a bit down the footy season is almost over (forgetting about this Euro bollocks)? Weekends aren't the same. Also, going to the match in summer is just so much better than winter, yet this year probably only the last match at SJP was T shirt weather. I'd much rather the footballing break was in winter personally. I know this would make winter more unbearable, but freezing your nuts off in January isn't great anyway.

Also this place takes a dip in Summer because footy's finished and strangely some of you freaks have better things to do on sunny days. Roll on August! 

• Like 6

53 minutes ago, Renton said:

Feeling a bit off key today. Whilst I fucking love late spring and summer, is anyone feeling a bit down the footy season is almost over (forgetting about this Euro bollocks)? Weekends aren't the same. Also, going to the match in summer is just so much better than winter, yet this year probably only the last match at SJP was T shirt weather. I'd much rather the footballing break was in winter personally. I know this would make winter more unbearable, but freezing your nuts off in January isn't great anyway.

Also this place takes a dip in Summer because footy's finished and strangely some of you freaks have better things to do on sunny days. Roll on August! 

Barack Obama Yes GIF by Obama

I have a similar feeling tbh and was just saying so to the dipper.  Had a great weekend watching friends and family run the Leeds Marathon and Half.  Such superb support for the runners.  Banging day weather wise too.

I am not arsed about the Euro's at all.  But thankfully we have a couple of things planned.  I am having another dig at racing and some other events.  Off to the Lakes with by Bro & Father in law and some friends to do some walking.  So that should be good.

Golf isn’t about being good. It’s about getting away from the wife and kids for five hours on a Saturday.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, ewerk said:

Get yourself a set of golf clubs :good: 

and... stave your own head in?

I think Renton should do a podcast. Then others could do one reacting to his descent into madness. Finally someone could do a true crime one about Renton's murder of the people doing the reaction podcast. 

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, The Fish said:

and... stave your own head in?

I think Renton should do a podcast. Then others could do one reacting to his descent into madness. Finally someone could do a true crime one about Renton's murder of the people doing the reaction podcast. 

Season 1 Showtime GIF by Dexter

• Haha 1

I'm sure the sudden resignation of the team tasked with avoiding catastrophic risk from AI is nothing to worry about. 

• Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

I'm sure the sudden resignation of the team tasked with avoiding catastrophic risk from AI is nothing to worry about. 

terminator GIF

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

short circuit lightning GIF

• Haha 1

On 14/05/2024 at 13:13, Renton said:

That's how I feel around five o'clock when all you workaholics log off and go home from work until you've all had your tea and are sitting on the settee bored and log in to toontastic again. 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

That's how I feel around five o'clock when all you workaholics log off and go home from work until you've all had your tea and are sitting on the settee bored and log in to toontastic again. 

200.gif?cid=7ad0e14cgrhqo8x0i7518uentjd3

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

What a world we live in, man. Stupidity is now considered a virtue. 

I've mentioned it before, but we are having to cut off previous friendships with anti-vaxxers who have gone down the rabbit hole. It's just impossible to have normal relationships with them because they also have to evangelise their crackpot views. It actually also appears to me that this rabbit hole is bottomless. These people hold up dribbling morons like Oliver, Bridgen and Le Tissier as heroes. Their lunacy is quite frightening, and they are not as few in number as can be compatible with a healthy society. 

Edited by Renton
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Renton said:

I've mentioned it before, but we are having to cut off previous friendships with anti-vaxxers who have gone down the rabbit hole. It's just impossible to have normal relationships with them because they also have to evangelise their crackpot views. It actually also appears to me that this rabbit hole is bottomless. These people hold up dribbling morons like Oliver, Bridgen and Le Tissier as heroes. Their lunacy is quite frightening, and they are not as few in number as can be compatible with a healthy society. 

My sister has gone down this rabbit hole. I just completely ignore it every time she mentions something. I'm also not on Facebook and I don't follow her twitter (Steve Baker MP does though :lol: ). 

Like the other day she sends me the thing about Piers Morgan interviewing the Baby Reindeer lass. I replied saying I won't watch cos I fucking hate Morgan and getting somebody mentally ill on his show is bollocks. She replies yes and he was one of those pushing for more lockdown, etc etc. 

End of text conversation for 24 hours and we'll go again on another topic until she veers into the central reservation again and I have to give her another unspoken timeout. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

My sister has gone down this rabbit hole. I just completely ignore it every time she mentions something. I'm also not on Facebook and I don't follow her twitter (Steve Baker MP does though :lol: ). 

Like the other day she sends me the thing about Piers Morgan interviewing the Baby Reindeer lass. I replied saying I won't watch cos I fucking hate Morgan and getting somebody mentally ill on his show is bollocks. She replies yes and he was one of those pushing for more lockdown, etc etc. 

End of text conversation for 24 hours and we'll go again on another topic until she veers into the central reservation again and I have to give her another unspoken timeout. 

My sister is similar.  She messages Wor Kid more because he amuses her where I just ignore her :lol:

It was Leeds Marathon / Half at the weekend.  Her Fella did the Marathon.  He did it last year in a very respectful 4h.  He wasn't aiming to beat it just do similar and enjoy it.  I went out to cheer him and the others on.  I knew a lot of others doing it and its a great atmosphere.

Anyway's my sister was moaning because it clashed with the Leeds match :lol: Conversation went;

'FFS It's playoff's match Sunday'

'Don't go then, stay at home and watch that shite'

'#MOT' 

Then Sunday comes, she goes to near the finish

'Just got here have you seen him?'
'Aye, he looks good'

'There's some right units doing it'

'Well they're running fair play to em and raising brass for charities'

'Yeh but look how fat they are'

'You've never done sport in your life let alone think about raising brass for charity'

'Fuck off'

That was the end of it :lol: 

• Haha 6

I'm pretty convinced that if she'd said

"Look at these raising money for charity, fair play" 

... you'd have replied:

"Has tha sen t'fucking size of them? Like th'egg and spoon race wee'aht t'spoon!" 

• Haha 6

Just now, Gemmill said:

I'm pretty convinced that if she'd said

"Look at these raising money for charity, fair play" 

... you'd have replied:

"Has tha sen t'fucking size of them? Like th'egg and spoon race wee'aht t'spoon!" 

:lol: