General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

I bet a minute silence went down well, particularly if they turned the lights up. 

I used to hate that point at the end of the rave when the lights came up and the true horror of how messy everyone looked emerged. 

Which reminds me, have you watched this? Hold tight for the girl continuing to dance after the music has stopped ... to the hum of the generators :lol:

:lol: A couple of times my mate insisted on going to Newport Pagnell services post-Helter Skelter. No idea why but fuck me, there were some states. I went to bog and got a proper fright as I barely recognised my own reflection.

9 minutes ago, adios said:

If you had a do-over would you work harder or just get more thoroughly fucked up?

Probably just about the same. Or at least tell myself that to try and erase the nagging regret

4 minutes ago, adios said:

Never understood Sinatra on the subject like, I'd probably change something every other day of my life.

If I thought about it seriously I don't really know, because of the way things have turned out I don't really have many regrets. I wish I'd been nicer to some people. Not that I was really horrible to anyone or did anything particularly bad but I would have handled some things a bit differently I suppose so as not to have hurt the feelings of people who didn't deserve it.

6 minutes ago, Alex said:

If I thought about it seriously I don't really know, because of the way things have turned out I don't really have many regrets. I wish I'd been nicer to some people. Not that I was really horrible to anyone or did anything particularly bad but I would have handled some things a bit differently I suppose so as not to have hurt the feelings of people who didn't deserve it.

This is the tricky bit for me.  I've ended up in a good place but I guess I feel I could have done it a lot sooner.  Basically, I want all the experience and twenty years of my life back.

I was a prize cunt to a lot of people for a long time though. :razz: 

Edited by adios

5 minutes ago, Alex said:

Yep, you're certainly a grade A cunt. ;) :razz:

If I'm honest I regret one hell of a lot of things in my life. Which is a pretty shit place to be. Career wise I completely fucked up and will always have to suffer the consequences. If I went back in time, I'd do things differently and give ganja a miss because it made me a lazy bastard.

I sometimes wonder where I’d be now career-wise if I’d taken my 20s and early 30s more seriously and spent less time partying. But do I regret those years? Do I bollocks. Best years of my life, which I’m pretty sure I’ll look back on and treasure. I still do now to the extent that I’m having a mid life crisis and still venturing out to the occasional night that I’m obviously too old for now. Remember when you were a out partying in late teenage/early 20s years and you’d clock some old cunts and think, what the fuck are they doing here? Yup.

I think the main thing people look back on from their death bed with regret, is working too hard so you don’t see enough of your kids growing up, which I’m certainly not guilty of, and not shagging enough different lasses. I’d say the latter is probably my biggest regret! 

Edited by Dr Gloom

There was another thread recently about confidence issues, and that's definitely been my main issue. Not really a regret but still.

When I was at 6th form and later uni I was far too much of a gent, and never slept with lasses early in a relationship even when they asked me too. Looking back now I'm "D'Oh!". What an idiot I was. Not to mention my memory wank bank is pitiful. 

7 hours ago, Alex said:

Must've been about 10,000 people in the Riverside that night for everybody who claims to have been there to have actually gone.

I was there. Queue ended at central park it was that long and I 'got off' with Sonia her of the one hit wonder of stock, Aitken and waterman stable. She paid for my drinks when I ran out of cash and bought me a kebab at the end of the night before I enjoyed a different nosh as Mickey Quinn walked a few feet from me whilst his fellow scouser got her gums rund me plumbs. Anyway, that's the shite I say whenever anyone talks about THAT night when nirvana came to town, I was all a quiver about the band I'd never heard of at that point. Amazing times. :good:

I don't have a child but I was on a first date with a lass once and I decided to take the piss a bit and tell her I had a son, asking if she'd be fine with it. To her credit, she was sound about it until she asked to see a picture of him and I showed her this

51wfRH8ewjL._SY450_.jpg

Thankfully, she laughed and it went fine from there. We hate each other now, like.

16 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

I don't have a child but I was on a first date with a lass once and I decided to take the piss a bit and tell her I had a son, asking if she'd be fine with it. To her credit, she was sound about it until she asked to see a picture of him and I showed her this

Reveal hidden contents

51wfRH8ewjL._SY450_.jpg

Thankfully, she laughed and it went fine from there. We hate each other now, like.

Spiting image 

Last week got some great news that virtually everyone in the house buying chain we are in are sorted and ready to go.  So was hoping to get a date agreed this week.  By the sounds of it, its out solicitor thats holding things up.

Yesterday got told the people who's house we are buying have requested another survey on the house they are buying.  FFS so looks like its gonna be pushed back again.  Was hoping to be in before December too.  The buyers of our house are in rented and their agreement runs out the week before Crimbo so pressure is on.

We agreed a price and they have agreed to get some of the work done.

We were on the phone as we were boarding the plane sorting this out before we went away, landed, turned the phone on to get a message saying they had agreed.  Great start to the holiday :)