General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

If Johnson comes back now as PM and is booted out over partygate, it would still give him time to return as PM before the next GE in 2024 

Good Bye Reaction GIF

Edited by Dr Gloom
  • Haha 2

Sorry, all ... gushy 'proud parent' post coming up, but with good reason.

What makes you proud of your kids? Perhaps it's a school report, or exam results or a sporting achievement. Whilst all truly commendable, let me give you the following:

1 loaf white bread
1 pint semi-skimmed milk
1 cottage pie
1 chicken tikka masala
1 bar dairy milk
1 bag walker chilli sensations
1 bag fruit gums
1 bag drumstick squashies

This is what my 17-year-old, without hints, prompts or question bought and delivered to me off his own back simply because his dad was house bound with Covid, and he wanted to help.

Academic and sporting achievements are of course important, but these are real human values and qualities. I've never been prouder of my boy than I am today. :wub:

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

How you doing with the covid BTW Craig? Hope it's not been too bad. I found the first 4 days or so canny shit. 

Days 3 and 4 were fucking awful. I listened to far too many people going “it’s a mild cold”. It wasn’t like that at all for me. Worst part is doing it solo, boredom is a killer.

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Fair play, they look canny. :lol:

They don’t last long :lol: 

Little shit does point out they look like my arms when I’ve been out in the sun too long.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Days 3 and 4 were fucking awful. I listened to far too many people going “it’s a mild cold”. It wasn’t like that at all for me. Worst part is doing it solo, boredom is a killer.

Sounds similar to my experience. Honestly, take it really easy. Don't go back to work too quickly, don't try and do too much. 

The last thing you want is to lumber yourself with something that hangs around longer term for the sake of something daft (like work). 

Just now, Gemmill said:

Sounds similar to my experience. Honestly, take it really easy. Don't go back to work too quickly, don't try and do too much. 

The last thing you want is to lumber yourself with something that hangs around longer term for the sake of something daft (like work). 

I was trying to work from home with it last week. Gave up midway through Thursday and Friday I just slept. Feeling a million times better this morning. But yeah, not taking this fucker for granted. You can tell why it’s a massive risk to anyone with a pre-existing condition.