General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Just off the phone with Mother Fish. They've kept him in over night so she didn't get back until 8pm so didn't want to call and worry me. (Family has this weird thing where any calls after 8pm must be bad news). Anyway, his seizure was a bad one, he cracked his head open on the bedside table. 

Turns out he had a COVID booster on Friday and was laid low by it, then on Sunday he went for a 5 mile walk, then did some gardening. Mam asked me if I could ask my doctor mates if that may have been a factor... I have no medical training beyond how best to combat a hangover (warm woolly hat, am I right @Alex?), but I'm pretty sure that if you've been ill, then over-exert yourself it's pretty likely to have an impact on your epilepsy.

I was planning, as a Christmas present, for me and him to go to an Air BNB in the countryside near a pub and some hills but now I'm worried he'd have a seizure in the middle of the night and we'd miles away from help.

• Like 3

Ah fuck Dave, sorry to hear about. Your troubles. Hopefully just precautionary keeping him in and he can get home today, put his feet up and watch some of your MCU recommendations.

There's people at my work that have just had the booster and stayed in bed all the next day, so he might well just have done too much on the Sunday. If stress can bring on seizures, then voluntarily putting your body through stress (albeit not stress in the way we usually think of it), you would reasonably assume to have the same effect. 

Edited by Gemmill
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

Ah fuck Dave, sorry to hear about. Your troubles. Hopefully just precautionary keeping him in and he can get home today, put his feet up and watch some of your MCU recommendations.

There's people at my work that have just had the booster and stayed in bed all the next day, so he might well just have done too much on the Sunday. If stress can bring on seizures, then voluntarily putting your body through stress (albeit not stress in the way we usually think of it), you would reasonably assume to have the same effect. 

MCU, the man barely sat through Nolan's Batman because it was too far fetched. He prefers his heroes to be believable, like James Bond...

DAD tsunami3.gif

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F won’t watch Bond films because “they’re just ridiculously far-fetched”.…

…Loves the Bourne Trilogy

what-dog.gif

:lol:

We have friends who wont watch films / series in that have stuff about kids been murdered or abused.  But will happily sit through a 500 part episode on Saville or Hindley / Brady. 

• Jaysus... 1

I have no medical training but I'd say you're absolutely right, he's over-exerting himself, especially after getting the booster. Older people don't like to believe that they're as old as they are and their body can't do what it used to but he needs to manage his condition. That doesn't mean being an invalid but just being sensible.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Mrs. F won’t watch Bond films because “they’re just ridiculously far-fetched”.…

…Loves the Bourne Trilogy

what-dog.gif

Friends, what women watch on the telly is 95% based on whoever they fancy at that time. Sorry to say that your lass is besotted by Matthew Damon. Could be worse, could be the bloke playing Dahmer

• Haha 1

Cheers all, I'm sure he'll be ok. He just needs to take the foot off the gas, but it's going to be a challenge getting that through to a man who's never really been comfortable just chilling out. Tried to encourage him to take up a hobby, but everything I suggest he's got no interest in.

Wish he had an interest in writing down his life, I've tried to get him to do it but where he's happy enough telling stories, writing them down is a chore for him. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Cheers all, I'm sure he'll be ok. He just needs to take the foot off the gas, but it's going to be a challenge getting that through to a man who's never really been comfortable just chilling out. Tried to encourage him to take up a hobby, but everything I suggest he's got no interest in.

Wish he had an interest in writing down his life, I've tried to get him to do it but where he's happy enough telling stories, writing them down is a chore for him. 

Try getting him a dictaphone  if he's more comfortable talking rather than writing 

49 minutes ago, The Fish said:

I know what you mean about them slowing down. Dads 85 & still thinks he can do things he used to do 30/40 years ago. Its hard to get them to put his feet i keep telling him take it easy but he won't listen 

58 minutes ago, trooper said:

I know what you mean about them slowing down. Dads 85 & still thinks he can do things he used to do 30/40 years ago. Its hard to get them to put his feet i keep telling him take it easy but he won't listen 

Whereas I'm in my 60s and more than happy to put my feet up 🙂 

1 hour ago, trooper said:

Try getting him a dictaphone  if he's more comfortable talking rather than writing 

He just uses his fingers.

• Haha 3

Sorry to hear about your Dad, Dave. Hope all comes good. :good:

Kids lost their Grandma this morning - dementia, stroke, uncontrollable infection and finally covid. She's hung on for about a week but they'd slowly began to reduce the level of care. It's a blessing in a way but they're understandably shattered. Feels bizarre to me as she was my M-I-L but haven't seen her for a good 12 years. 

• Sad 5

3 minutes ago, Craig said:

Kids lost their Grandma this morning - dementia, stroke, uncontrollable infection and finally covid. She's hung on for about a week but they'd slowly began to reduce the level of care. It's a blessing in a way but they're understandably shattered. Feels bizarre to me as she was my M-I-L but haven't seen her for a good 12 years. 

Sorry to hear that Craig. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Craig said:

Sorry for your loss mate.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheSorryQuiff said:

Alright gents, hope you're all well. Before you swing the axe consider how much of an easy time j69 has been having it on here. I think I've served a fair sentence! Mitigating, I was mid-meltdown and am now being medicated and referred to a shrink. I told them I don't negotiate with therapists but they didn't laugh.

Fuck off you absolute Cunt. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2