General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Thanks lads, just fancy cosplaying as a market trader for a day. If it takes off I'll buy the toon and not only be better than the last del boy to own us but you'll change from hearing about human rights concerns to Howman rights concerns. (If I only make a few quid on the day I'll buy Sunderland instead). :good:

• Haha 4

:lol:

Price everything £5 more than you want to sell it for, then when people try to barter you can play the game and let them think they got a bargain. 

If they don’t barter and pay the price, sausage time! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

HMHM I would think retro second hand football shirts would do really well somewhere like that. Especially as I’m guessing a lot of it will be NUFC with the odd 90s Italiano classic hoyed in ;) 

Have a look on https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk

for an idea about prices. Honestly sone of the prices are fucking mental. I’ve got a kappa top that was part of a Juve CL warm-up suit. It’s like jogging suit material rather than shell suit. The bottoms got wrecked but the top is in good condition and I saw one the same on there a while back for £250 :lol: 

the hipsters might have ruined the market for buyers but that’s obviously the opposite for sellers. The only issue might be convincing people there aren’t snides from the far east 

• Like 1

Imagine if the Knight started looking at my wares? #imagine #KnightRyder #Not justshirtsonsale #WolfJerky #I'maStoryTellerandmystoriesmustbetold #DoyasellLadsshirtsmarra?

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Alex said:

HMHM I would think retro second hand football shirts would do really well somewhere like that. Especially as I’m guessing a lot of it will be NUFC with the odd 90s Italiano classic hoyed in ;) 

Have a look on https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk

for an idea about prices. Honestly sone of the prices are fucking mental. I’ve got a kappa top that was part of a Juve CL warm-up suit. It’s like jogging suit material rather than shell suit. The bottoms got wrecked but the top is in good condition and I saw one the same on there a while back for £250 :lol: 

the hipsters might have ruined the market for buyers but that’s obviously the opposite for sellers. The only issue might be convincing people there aren’t snides from the far east 

One or two would be DHgate snides but I'd price them accordingly and wouldn't hide that. Most are retro officials, Toffs, score draw, Copa and one or two genuine shirts as well. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Howmanheyman said:

Imagine if the Knight started looking at my wares? #imagine #KnightRyder #Not justshirtsonsale #WolfJerky #I'maStoryTellerandmystoriesmustbetold #DoyasellLadsshirtsmarra?

8dzsja.jpg

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Monkeys Fist said:

:lol:

Price everything £5 more than you want to sell it for, then when people try to barter you can play the game and let them think they got a bargain. 

If they don’t barter and pay the price, sausage time! 

d1bbaece-913c-4984-a584-f56c7a58395f_text.gif.c1e73300a6071d79bdbe7c11573cd856.gif

I could swear a few year ago I read something about a study into online sales that looked into whether higher base prices with free shipping were more popular to buyers than the same item with combined price and shipping working out cheaper than the alternative. Hilariously, folk would flock toward the more expensive option that had "free shipping". If I mind right the catch was that the folk that went for the "free shipping" option were (by orders of fucking magnitude) more likely to return the it.

Amazon have had us all for idiots. Hoodwinked half the population into paying a monthly subscription for their "free shipping and no questions asked return policy". 

3 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

d1bbaece-913c-4984-a584-f56c7a58395f_text.gif.c1e73300a6071d79bdbe7c11573cd856.gif

I could swear a few year ago I read something about a study into online sales that looked into whether higher base prices with free shipping were more popular to buyers than the same item with combined price and shipping working out cheaper than the alternative. Hilariously, folk would flock toward the more expensive option that had "free shipping". If I mind right the catch was that the folk that went for the "free shipping" option were (by orders of fucking magnitude) more likely to return the it.

Amazon have had us all for idiots. Hoodwinked half the population into paying a monthly subscription for their "free shipping and no questions asked return policy". 

On that @Blastronaut did you ever get around to making a version of that Mr Sparkle you were thinking about?

• Haha 3

21 minutes ago, Blastronaut said:

There you go HMHM, another life hack. Offer free shipping on your stall. Hand the shirt over and say "There you go mate". 

• Haha 6
  • Jaysus... 1

3 hours ago, Howmanheyman said:

Thanks lads, just fancy cosplaying as a market trader for a day. If it takes off I'll buy the toon and not only be better than the last del boy to own us but you'll change from hearing about human rights concerns to Howman rights concerns. (If I only make a few quid on the day I'll buy Sunderland instead). :good:

i did this for a while selling pies.  Absolutely loved it.  Would you like to be a franchise?  

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Gemmill said:

You should call your stand "Things that make you go HMHM"

In this font?

undefined

• Haha 5

On 26/01/2024 at 09:41, Kid Dynamite said:

This is tempting on salary sacrifice. It will hammer my pension, but a brand new, taxed, insured, serviced car with free repairs and breakdown cover for £289pm is hard to beat. Particularly as I get free charging at work (for now) 

IMG_7439.thumb.jpeg.2f1665c9e5bcee046165ed9bfcba0395.jpeg

IMG_7448.thumb.jpeg.3f6709ce29c294fb92e083895abe00a8.jpeg

Just realised that once the lease car goes back I'll be over the threshold for child benefit, so losing another £102pcm 🤯 

Lesson 3 In An Occasional Series- Uncle Fist’s Travel Toilet Travails. 

Hot Tip- if caught short in a town centre with nowhere to have a piss, whilst empty thermos flasks will suffice, ensure you don’t shove your magnum dong too far in, otherwise … hot tip. 

Here endeth the lesson. 

• Haha 3

On 29/01/2024 at 20:28, Renton said:

There you go HMHM, another life hack. Offer free shipping on your stall. Hand the shirt over and say "There you go mate". 

Fair. Walked into that like. 

the-simpsons-sideshow-bob.gif.93b189b75d3aa907bd8ed66d3bbd3d82.gif

On 29/01/2024 at 20:11, sammynb said:

On that @Blastronaut did you ever get around to making a version of that Mr Sparkle you were thinking about?

Yeah probabaly made about a dozen or so. Actually I'm having a weird stand off with an old mate that I could fucking swear I gifted one to but he's adamant I didn't. He runs a local pub so we have this situation where I stop by his work when I'm passing and he refuses to charge me for my first pint but makes a point of reminding me he never got his Mr Sparkle pedal. So I have like three more Mr Sparkle enclosures lying around that I'm stubbornly refusing to finish wiring up until the free Guinness well has dried up. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Blastronaut said:

Yeah probabaly made about a dozen or so. Actually I'm having a weird stand off with an old mate that I could fucking swear I gifted one to but he's adamant I didn't. He runs a local pub so we have this situation where I stop by his work when I'm passing and he refuses to charge me for my first pint but makes a point of reminding me he never got his Mr Sparkle pedal. So I have like three more Mr Sparkle enclosures lying around that I'm stubbornly refusing to finish wiring up until the free Guinness well has dried up. 

Definitely don't let that well dry out. Here's a thought and encouragement for you to finish them, get that free guiness for life contract drawn up in exchange for the Mr Sparkle, shouldn't take you too long to get your money back!

And when you do get them finished, flick me a message please as I'm keen for one also.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, sammynb said:

Definitely don't let that well dry out. Here's a thought and encouragement for you to finish them, get that free guiness for life contract drawn up in exchange for the Mr Sparkle, shouldn't take you too long to get your money back!

And when you do get them finished, flick me a message please as I'm keen for one also.

Ah I jest, he's a good lad (actually that's a lie, he's a terrible person but a good mate).

I'll earmark one for you, been trying to multitask like a manic octopus since we moved again in November and struggling to keep up with things so I'm hesitant to offer much in terms of timeframe beside "sometime in February".  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Kid Dynamite said:

Just realised that once the lease car goes back I'll be over the threshold for child benefit, so losing another £102pcm 🤯 

Can’t you bring it down with a pension contribution? 

2 hours ago, Blastronaut said:

I'll earmark one for you, been trying to multitask like a manic octopus since we moved again in November and struggling to keep up with things so I'm hesitant to offer much in terms of timeframe beside "sometime in February".  

Thanks I but take your time, I'm in no rush.

32 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

Outstanding work

The games room complete with a safe full of gold bars was a nice touch :lol: 

• Haha 2