General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

How's retirement treating you, TP? 

I bumped into a bloke I used to work with recently and he looked younger and healthier than he did the last time I saw him (about 7 years ago). 

Anyway, I hope it's working out. 👍

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

I covered Loos in my dissertation.

You still got it ?? Would like to read it if you are willing. 

Oh and his final settling of accounts: (£1 12s 6p FFS)

image.thumb.png.a5ccff1ef07d7b2c5ce25c0d3c1a26d1.png

• Jaysus... 1

2 minutes ago, Gemmill said:

How's retirement treating you, TP? 

I bumped into a bloke I used to work with recently and he looked younger and healthier than he did the last time I saw him (about 7 years ago). 

Anyway, I hope it's working out. 👍

It's nice not having to think about work, but don't actually feel that retired tbh, have shitloads of outdoor "projects" I want to do but weather's been so shit it's all a non starter just now. So a bit bored/frustrated at the mo tbh. (Us old folks feel the cold)

Bring on the sunshine and I'll maybe feel it a bit more 😃

1 minute ago, Gemmill said:

Aye if we get a good summer, you'll feel it (yer bastard!). 

Get your guitar back out while the weather's shit. 

In between my househusband chores I'll try and squeeze it in !!!!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Toonpack said:

In between my househusband chores I'll try and squeeze it in !!!!

:lol:

It's happening already. Nobody complains more about not having the time to do things than your average pensioner. :razz:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, wykikitoon said:

We have a junior in the office and he's a bit of an introvert.  I have tried over the last few weeks to chat to him more, just about owt really rather than graft.

Anyways, due to technology advances etc juniors nowadays don't do about 90% of what I had to do!  I was running to the chemist to get photos developed, running to print shops to get drawings copied, going to the post office etc.  But now with emails, smart phones etc, they don't have to do that.  I am not pining for the old days, but I believe that made me confident in getting around the office to speak to people and ask questions etc.  I also feel it made me earn my stripes.

My current office the microwave is fucking RANK.  So I bought a new one.  It arrived yesterday. So this morning, I put it on his desk with a note to swap it out for the old one.

FUCK ME

It's caused a right uproar.  Admin lass, sorry 'office and finance manager'  (She answers the phone, opens the post and books meetings in), said I should have done it.  Young bairn comes in, asks what he needs to do with the microwave.  I explain he looks confused.  Fuck me.  DO WHAT YOUR'E ASKED YOU TIKTOK FANNY!

Is this your job or do you just do this sort of thing under your own steam?

10 minutes ago, Andrew said:

Is this your job or do you just do this sort of thing under your own steam?

Its part of my role.

FWIW, he did it no bother.  I thanked him and we had a bit of a chat and laugh after.

1 minute ago, wykikitoon said:

Its part of my role.

FWIW, he did it no bother.  I thanked him and we had a bit of a chat and laugh after.

Right ok, 'cause without that bit of context you sound like an absolute maniac :lol:

• Haha 5

I mean when he looked at me confused I didn't rant and call him a tiktok wanker like :lol: Just explained we needed it swapping over and it would be appreciated if he could do it.

Its the admin women who seems to think shes a main director.  I explained to her I could do it, but I am too busy on TT, errr I mean getting design done. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

I mean when he looked at me confused I didn't rant and call him a tiktok wanker like :lol: Just explained we needed it swapping over and it would be appreciated if he could do it.

Its the admin women who seems to think shes a main director.  I explained to her I could do it, but I am too busy on TT, errr I mean getting design done. 

I have a vision of Wiki at work - We've got to install microwave ovens tiktok twat.

GIFs Of The 80s — Dire Straits - Money For Nothing - 1985

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, wykikitoon said:

Its part of my role.

Image in my head of a C&A catalogue photo of you two, over the shoulder jumpers with the sleeves tied, pointing at the new microwave with your heads tipped back, roaring with laughter. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

So three people, including you, couldn't be arsed to carry a microwave to wherever and plug it in? :cuppa:

Emails are destroying society.

Just now, ewerk said:

Called me cynical but I'm sensing some nepotism here.

No, they thoroughly deserved it on account either emanating from Charles sack, being on the end of stuff emanating from his sack, or being married to the stuff that emanated from his sack and producing extra stuff that emanated from stuff that originally emanated from his sack. There's sacks of reasons. 

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

No, they thoroughly deserved it on account either emanating from Charles sack, being on the end of stuff emanating from his sack, or being married to the stuff that emanated from his sack and producing extra stuff that emanated from stuff that originally emanated from his sack. There's sacks of reasons. 

Slightly on-topic, but, since every woman is born with every egg she’ll ever produce already formed, this means that the eggs must’ve been there before her birth. 

Which means that everyone, even non-mackems, has spent time inside their Granny. 

IMG_1848.gif.95c34d154e1411cb0ba77e93babf564d.gif

• Haha 2

Carrying on this fascinating topic…

The average marriage/long-term relationship in the Uk lasts 12.9 yrs. 

If we say that sexy time is three times a week, on average, and that you’re actually inside your partner for 5 minutes each session , on average, that means you’re inside for 15 minutes a week. 
Over the 12.9 yrs, that’s 10,062 minutes, or 6.98 days. 
Let’s call it a week that you’re inside your partner in total. 

The female reproductive system, including ovaries and eggs, is fully formed at 20 weeks in a normal pregnancy, meaning that we are all inside Granny for waaaay longer (20 weeks), than we are inside our chosen partner*

IMG_2715.gif.26e7c29235b062dc7aa0ad2065800485.gif

28 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Carrying on this fascinating topic…

The average marriage/long-term relationship in the Uk lasts 12.9 yrs. 

If we say that sexy time is three times a week, on average, and that you’re actually inside your partner for 5 minutes each session , on average, that means you’re inside for 15 minutes a week. 
Over the 12.9 yrs, that’s 10,062 minutes, or 6.98 days. 
Let’s call it a week that you’re inside your partner in total. 

The female reproductive system, including ovaries and eggs, is fully formed at 20 weeks in a normal pregnancy, meaning that we are all inside Granny for waaaay longer (20 weeks), than we are inside our chosen partner*

IMG_2715.gif.26e7c29235b062dc7aa0ad2065800485.gif

three times a week, I’d wager, is rather overstating things 

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

three times a week, I’d wager, is rather overstating things 

:lol:

These are averages though- if you factor in the first blushes of romance and the related shagathons, then the “ go to the bathroom and DIY” when said partner can’t be arsed towards the end of the marriages, three seems about right. 

23 minutes ago, ewerk said:

You’re also making the assumption that the three times a week is with the same woman.

You’re making the assumption it’s always with a woman, Vincent Vanilla. :lol:

Even if you massage the figures , you’re in your Gran for way longer.