General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

laying watching on of my movies, moved the pillow on my bed to see a giant fucking spider sprint from one side of the 2nd pillow to the other....first reaction was to punch it.

Biggest one i've seen in ages, hate the feckers.

I had 5 huge spiders in here last week! They always come in to the warm in September. I bought some Spiderex repellent and sprayed it everywhere!! It has Horse chestnut oil and clove oil in... apparently spiders don't like that. Or a cheaper version would be to get some conkers and place them around the home.

laying watching on of my movies, moved the pillow on my bed to see a giant fucking spider sprint from one side of the 2nd pillow to the other....first reaction was to punch it.

I had 5 huge spiders in here last week! They always come in to the warm in September. I bought some Spiderex repellent and sprayed it everywhere!! It has Horse chestnut oil and clove oil in... apparently spiders don't like that. Or a cheaper version would be to get some conkers and place them around the home.

Once again, I'll be heading south to spread my conkers round TR's gaff.

:D

Once again, I'll be heading south to spread my conkers round TR's gaff.

:D

Bloody hurry up then cos I'm fast running out of Spider-Ex :D

I know it is very wrong, but I flicked on the news, and the terrorist attack memorial was going on on sky news I saw two people listing the names of the victims. After a few names, I did think "house!" and then turned over.

My dad's turning 65 this December and I'm trying to think why to get him. Mam is taking him to watch Les Miserables in London and I was thinking that perhaps I could "pimp" that present.

The problem is my Mam and Dad aren't half as pretentious as I am, so getting them a couple of nights in a swanky hotel and paying for an expensive restaurant wouldn't really be there cup of tea... Any thoughts people?

I of course expect a proportion of the replies to be abusive but if one or two decent suggestions sneak through, I'd be grateful. :D

Edited by The Fish

Get them a couple of nights in a Premier Inn and pay for them to go to Prezzo :D

You joke but that's pretty much what my sister thought would be "pimping" :D but it was the Hard Rock Cafe.

Mam is taking him to watch Les Miserables in London and I was thinking that perhaps I could "pimp" that present.

Pay for them both to spend three hours fighting on the barricades in an actual civilian uprising somewhere in the world with negligible medical care but excellent showtunes.

In seriousness, an "experience" add-on would seem like an obvious choice. Something like the London Eye is probably a bit basic, but you see what I'm getting at. For all they wouldn't be taken by a posh meal, if it was somewhere properly iconic or unusual maybe, rather than "just" expensive?