General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

http://www.users.zet...okes/HIGNFY.txt

Transcript of outtakes from Saville's appearance on Have I Got News For You. Apparently Merton doesn't like kiddie fiddlers.

A lot of people saying that's fabricated. I'd say that's likely given the stuff attributed to Merton doesn't have his usual flair for words

Guest CabayeAye

They need to bring back the death penalty for unprovoked murder TBF.

Killing someone in a fight is one thing, but shit like this should get you flayed.

Killing someone in a fight is one thing, but shit like this should get you flayed.

No they don't.

Jimmy Saville?

The Death Penalty doesn't work as a deterrent, so you're basically advocating state sanctioned revenge killings. Couple that with the fallibility of the police and the courts. Tack on the terrifying prospect of a more radical government gaining power and deciding that while state executions for murder are a good start, why not rape, why not for common assault, or affray, or anti-social behaviour?

People who advocate the Death Penalty want an outlet for the fury they feel towards the perpetrators of horrific crimes, but they'd sharp change their mind if their family member was falsely convicted (which, lets not kid ourselves here, isn't an unlikely scenario).

Countries where capital punishment is still currently employed:

• Belarus
  • Botswana
  • China (PRC)
  • Cuba
  • Egypt
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Japan
  • Malaysia
  • Mongolia
  • North Korea
  • Pakistan
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Taiwan (ROC)
  • Tonga
  • United States
  • Vietnam

You want the UK to be amongst that list?

Edited by The Fish

Guest CabayeAye

The Death Penalty doesn't work as a deterrent,

Yes it does.

so you're basically advocating state sanctioned revenge killings.

At least that would bring some closure for families.

Couple that with the fallibility of the police and the courts.

Not really that significant in the UK.

Tack on the terrifying prospect of a more radical government gaining power

Who?! The EDL? Al Qaeda?!

and deciding that while state executions for murder are a good start, why not rape, why not for common assault, or affray, or anti-social behaviour?

You're taking my argument to ridiculous proportions to invalidate it. I didn't say death for ASBO, did I?

People who advocate the Death Penalty want an outlet for the fury they feel towards the perpetrators of horrific crimes, but they'd sharp change their mind if their family member was falsely convicted (which, lets not kid ourselves here, isn't an unlikely scenario).

Yes, yes it is. In the extreme.

Countries where capital punishment is still currently employed:

• Belarus
  • Botswana
  • China (PRC)
  • Cuba
  • Egypt
  • India
  • Indonesia
  • Iran
  • Iraq
  • Japan
  • Malaysia
  • Mongolia
  • North Korea
  • Pakistan
  • Saudi Arabia
  • Singapore
  • South Korea
  • Taiwan (ROC)
  • Tonga
  • United States
  • Vietnam

You want the UK to be amongst that list?

A list that contains the two superpowers? Yes please.

Police have sealed off a section of the river from where the April Jones suspect was arrested.

Not looking good. Beyond comprehensible what the family must be going through at the moment.

You can tell after so long they didnt want the public helping i.e they new she wasnt going to be found alive or the chances would be v slim :(

You honestly, properly, actually believe that the Death Penalty serves as a deterrent?

Top 3 US states by murder have the Death Penalty

7 out of the US states with the highest instances of Rape have the Death Penalty.

What about the innocent family of the person who committed a murder? When do they get closure?

An innocent death isn't significant?

The BNP would bring back the Death Penalty

I deliberately took your argument to extremes because that is how the world dies, not with a bang but with a whimper.

The Lord Chancellor's Department's statistics on successful appeals against criminal conviction show that in the decade 1989-1999 the Court of Appeal (Criminal Division) abated over 8,470 criminal convictions - a yearly average of 770. In addition, there are around 3,500 quashed criminal convictions a year at the Crown Court for convictions obtained at the magistrates' courts. Contrary to popular perceptions, then, wrongful criminal convictions are a normal, everyday feature of the criminal justice system - the system doesn't just sometimes get it wrong, it gets it wrong everyday, of every week, of every month of every year. With the result that thousands of innocent people experience a whole variety of harmful consequences that wrongful criminal convictions engender.
Source

"the system doesn't just sometimes get it wrong, it gets it wrong everyday, of every week, of every month of every year."

If you remove the US and China (you don't care if they're barbaric, as long as they're barbaric and powerful?) that is not a good list to be on.

Sky News have tracked down the 19 year old son of the bloke arrested for this kiddie's abduction. Proper grilling him. He doesn't really know his dad and has nowt to do with him. He looks like he's about to burst into tears bless him.

Guest CabayeAye

How they can post the blokes pic before he has been charged is beyond me.

Because they desperately want to find this girl, and although he hasn't been formally charged, they may have evidence that makes him guilty as fuck on balance of probability.

Thank you for the kind words of susport, I am going to get my feet back on the ground and get back driving around sussex in me truck, may take a while

Not the best of a status, considering. :lol:

I find myself now staying indoors and wondering if i will find my true love but hey I am happy.

How that isn't already your sig, is a mystery.

Aye its awful, they've to let this bloke go this evening or charge him.

They can get a final 24hr extension today which will take them til tomorrow at 5pm. Her poor parents man - I just can't imagine.