General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:lol:

At work we wanted a new recpetionist. So, we interviewed and offered it to a lass. She worked her 3 weeks notice and she was due to start last Monday.

Anyways, last Monday lass emails, not phones, saying her Gran has just died and she is off to where she lived with her mother to sort stuff out.

Fair enough.

We then didnt hear from her until Thursday where she emailed late on saying she was helping her disabled mother sort stuff out.

Again, nothing at all from Thursday. Anyways, yesterday our HR Dept tried calling her and she didnt answer so emailed her and said they were retracting the offer of employment.

She emailed today saying sorry for the mess around, however due to having a disabled mother she felt she needed to take up the reighns of the family as her brother did night shifts and has a 2 year old.

What a fucking weirdo. Why didnt she just phone up? Anyways, one of the lads has a mutial friend on FB. Apparently her mother is fine, her gran hasnt passed away at all and her brother lives in Oz.

What a freak! If she didnt want the job, why not just call and say?

Just in case any of you have an emergency castration and decide to watch The Paradise tonight, (BBC1 9pm), my nephew plays Arthur in it , an errand boy born and raised in the shop.

It's his first major acting part

p00ynt87.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p00vhpsv/characters/arthur

Shameless plug over, as you were troops.

Upon hearing that my gran thought it was 1944 and ww2 was happening my initial question wasn't was she ok, jesus how'd that happen? or any of those it was

"How'd she explain my ma being there then?"

i'm beginning to think i'm a bit of a shit

Nah, you just have a wicked streak. You'd make a good nurse :D

When I was at the hospital waiting for my Mother to pass there was a bit of a light moment when she got a confused look on her face and asked where she was. My sister asked her where she thought she was and she replied "Mrs S's front room" using our surname. We realised she'd had a flashback to before she married my Dad and was referring to my Dad's Mam.

Thinking back I did bite back "So who do you think we are?" so maybe I'm as wicked as Ant :)

Just in case any of you have an emergency castration and decide to watch The Paradise tonight, (BBC1 9pm), my nephew plays Arthur in it , an errand boy born and raised in the shop.

It's his first major acting part

p00ynt87.jpg

http://www.bbc.co.uk...aracters/arthur

Shameless plug over, as you were troops.

I watched it until he turned up, then watched him for a few minutes (CT browser alert), then turned off before my balls retreated entirely into my body from all that wimmin's TV. Good on him for bagging a major role though :good:

He is, Cath.

Newcastle born and bred.

He's had two other TV roles, one very small part in Joe Maddison's War with Nev from Auf Wiedersehen , and he played a Powder Monkey on Channel 4's Back from the Dead- got blown up and had his leg sawn off, he was well chuffed as the director let him keep the wax leg they used :lol:

This is his first major part, he's been filming all summer at Lambton Hall.

I've asked him if I can use one of his Oscars as a doorstop in the future ;)

Guest CabayeAye

That's one alias uncovered, next!

Not this again...

CT says the only nice thing that has ever been said to anyone on TT, and you restore the balance of TT straight away. Bastardo.

Anyone played in Complete Football in Gosforth? If so, are the pitches/showers a good standard.

Pitches are good. It's still pretty new so I'd imagine the showers are decent. Only problem with that place is the location is a bit weird. Difficult to get to if you don't drive.