General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Saw a weird looking band in my local the other day, they had all the Teddy boy gear on and were playing old covers like 'Three Steps to heaven', 'Blue Moon' and 'Let's go for a little walk, under the moon of love' etc. They were all dressed like Teddy Boy's with one weird exception, their heads and shoulders was covered by a Burka. Everyone one of the band! It started to make sense when I saw the band's name on a set of drums.

Jihaddywaddy

Wor lass crashed our car last week, 5mph into the back of the taxi, minimal damage on first appearance. It's only 4 years old and the Caths have written it off!

On the upside, we've split up as a result.

How on earth has that written the car off?

Ridiculous eh? It looks like nowt too.

Explanation being; caught the chassis, airbags went off which means they have to replace the entire dashboard. Bonnet, lights, paint. All adds up apparently. Fortunately they're paying almost exactly what I paid for it a year ago, so that's canny.

I'm not too broken hearted thanks Ewerk, I wasn't that attached to the car anyway. ;)

Had a corporate induction day today which ended with a Q&A panel with a load of head cheeses including the non-exec chairman whose name is Fani Titi - it's pronounced Farni Tee-tee but the kid in me was still quite amused.

I remember her. Any idea what happened, Jill?

RIP.

I'm not sure, but she had been in hospital for the past 2-3 weeks from what I can gather.

She only just got married in June as well. :(

That's now 4 dead Facebook friends I have. It always freaks me out a little when I see them mentioned months later and suddenly remember.