General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

:lol:

You're using other people as an excuse to bring her up now. Dedicated.

All they're going to find of you is a severed hand clutching a print out of this post.

Edited by The Fish

Well, if getting married in a foreign country isnt enough this year, were now deciding to move house :lol:

Is this her ploy to not gain weight in the wedding year? Shes already skinny as a lat!

She's picking out HER new house for when you've been jettisoned. :D

So Im doing a 24 hour charity gaming livestream in May for Macmillan, some of you might have seen the thread in the gaming forum http://www.toontastic.net/board/topic/36267-macmillan-game-heroes-2017/

I really, desperately want this to be a success, cancer has hit my family pretty hard over the years, its taken some of mine and my wifes grandparents, my mum had breast cancer a couple of years ago and mrs A's Granny only recently stopped chemo treatment and got the all clear.

It's more than a month until the stream yet so I have time but I'm struggling to extend beyond my bubble as it were. People I already know and interact with, facebook, twitter, work and here are all well and good but to raise some serious money it needs to get beyond that.

Any tips? Help?

One hint is to include a link to your just giving page whenever you're​ asking for donations rather than requiring click throughs ;)

...fair :glare: though I'll do a full post to GC when its nearer the time.

For now I figured those who occasionaly frequent the gaming forum might be the most interested

It's a worthy cause worth donating to, most people have been affected by the big C to some extent.

Sponsored gaming though? Isn't that a bit like being asked to be sponsored for going out on the piss?

It's a worthy cause worth donating to, most people have been affected by the big C to some extent.

Sponsored gaming though? Isn't that a bit like being asked to be sponsored for going out on the piss?

If you can manage a 24 hour session go ahead I'll donate! :razz:

It's a good idea tbh, streaming is a massive thing at the moment that people make plenty of money off.

But I doubt I'd raise much money, asking people to sponsor me doing something I enjoy. It's like these idiots who ask to be sponsored to go dry for a month - like it's some ordeal and they're alcoholics ffs

Good, glad someone is :D

I'm actually pretty excited about it tbh, wish I'd set an earlier date for it now.

To have raised £180 in just a couple of days is incredible to me as well.

So, we went to go see a house on Saturday and we both loved it.  There was an open viewing and there was about 3 couples in when we were there.

When we got home we put and offer in slightly over the asking price.

We haven't been told if it's been accepted yet as we were told it would be today.  We assume they were hoping for a number of offers.

If someone comes in with a price lower than ours, can the estate agent say how much we have offered or do they just say something like 'There has been a better off'?

:lol: Going in with an opening offer over the asking price is a strange tactic and will lead the vendor to believing the property has been listed at too low a price and that you're still willing to offer even more to secure the house.

In my experience the estate agent will be open with other interested parties as to what the highest current offer is on the property.

:lol: Going in with an opening offer over the asking price is a strange tactic and will lead the vendor to believing the property has been listed at too low a price and that you're still willing to offer even more to secure the house.

In my experience the estate agent will be open with other interested parties as to what the highest current offer is on the property.

It's listed low IMO and when asked the estate agent they said the women wanted a quick sale.  Lots of people interested.  Vendor will know what the house is worth surly and that she was told put it on at x and you will get a quick sale.

New games sorted for the next month?

:D You'll be pleased to know I don't see a penny of it, it goes straight through just giving to macmillan.