General Random Conversation..

Scottish Mag

Obviously a bunch of wankers not having reasonable discourse with someone who this directly affects, don't agree with him about protesting Assad though.

What use is protesting a dictator thousands of miles away (insert Trump quips here)?  A public show of disapproval when our/our "allies's" governments do something wrong makes some sense.

Aye but they're not doing what they do to stop people like Assad, or even because they're overly concerned about Syrian people. They do it because they want to prevent the British government from being embroiled in something they see as neo-imperialism. You can disagree with the morality of that, but they are being consistent here.

I'm not tbh, I just think that much of the criticism levelled at them is strawmanning. Their aims are to prevent Neo-imperialism, not to moralise about war, dictators and strife in other countries.

Also, everyone involved in that conversation was an SJW, given how the Syrian chap started complaining that they were 'oppressing' him.

I was just teasing. I think they're largely hypocrites though. There are some instances where pacifism doesn't automatically allow you to occupy the moral high ground. The Syrian guy knows what Assad, with his barrel bombing and chemical weapon attacks on civilians, is about more than some lentil burger munching corbynite.

You could argue potential western intervention in syria, given the west's desire to largely stay out of it, is more about averting a humanitarian crisis rather than imperialism, for once. Chemical weapons are pure barbarism - a deserved redline?

The stop the war crowd would have probably said the same thing during Nazi Germany expansion tbh.

I was just teasing. I think they're largely hypocrites though. There are some instances where pacifism doesn't automatically allow you to occupy the moral high ground. The Syrian guy knows what Assad, with his barrel bombing and chemical weapon attacks on civilians, is about more than some lentil burger munching corbynite.

You could argue potential western intervention in syria, given the west's desire to largely stay out of it, is more about averting a humanitarian crisis rather than imperialism, for once. Chemical weapons are pure barbarism - a deserved redline?

The stop the war crowd would have probably said the same thing during Nazi Germany expansion tbh.

Chemical weapons would be a red line for me personally, and you're right that if the West is involved for purely humanitarian purposes then STW have no cause for complaint. I suspect they'd argue that much of what is happening in Syria is of the West's making though. But I basically agree at this point - if we wanted to be embroiled in that war we would be. The fact that we aren't suggests that concerns at this point are indeed largely humanitarian.

It's funny, but this is the first time in 5 years I have posted from a proper PC with the full version of toontastic. Previously only used my phone which is so limited in comparison. I guess that's advancement as without my phone I wouldn't usually be able to post at all, but really liking the enhanced functionality (I had 5 years ago). 

Emoticons!!!!!  :happygirl:  :calmdown:  :bitchslap:  :bedhump:

Could never remember the tags for 99% of them.  :thumbup:

It's funny, but this is the first time in 5 years I have posted from a proper PC with the full version of toontastic. Previously only used my phone which is so limited in comparison. I guess that's advancement as without my phone I wouldn't usually be able to post at all, but really liking the enhanced functionality (I had 5 years ago). 

Emoticons!!!!!  :happygirl:  :calmdown:  :bitchslap:  :bedhump:

Could never remember the tags for 99% of them.  :thumbup:

:lol: you spanner.

Come out to see Thriller tonight and three lasses been chuck out for being pissed up and falling about. :lol:

How can you get chucked out of a theatre ffs

Where were you?

Merseyside Police are investigating whether his comments constitute a "racial hate crime".

That's fucking ridiculous mind. :lol: