North Korea

sweetleftpeg

16 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

i think the best tactic with wolfy is to probably not engage. i can see a lot of time being wasted otherwise; he clearly isn't going to bend his batshit crazy view of the world. 

I agree with you.

Everyone has that choice.

18 minutes ago, Renton said:

It looks like what it is to me, in real life. A three dimensional spherical rock in space. It doesn't look like a reflection on the ice dome. I find it hard to believe you think it does either. It's almost like you are too closed minded to trust your own eyes. Odd. 

It appears you trust what you are told to trust, rather than your own eyes.

20 minutes ago, Rayvin said:

Aye this is where it all falls down for Wolfy. It's not that he has "out there" ideas so much as he can't offer any evidence in support of this global conspiracy, any motive, or how they've managed to cover it up to so long. I think I said last time that the only way such a thing could work would be if you literally had all scientists and researchers indoctrinated into a higher subgroup of humanity whose job it was to pull the wool over the eyes of everyone else.

And even then there's no reason why this should be the case.

Compartmentalisation.

Biggest irony remains that Wolfy insists he's open minded, when he refuses to receive any view alternative to his own.

There's also black or white stance he takes on scrutiny. Either you scrutinise everything, or you blindly accept everything. For Wolfy, there's no middle ground.

I'd say everyone on here as a decent level of scepticism, proven in the politics thread if no where else. But to Wolfy, we're all blindly accepting everything because we don't blindly believe we live in an ice dome. :lol:

5 minutes ago, wolfy said:

It appears you trust what you are told to trust, rather than your own eyes.

it appears you don't trust your own eyes when you look through a telescope

18 minutes ago, Dr Gloom said:

the stars and planets you can see with your own eyes in outer space? are they all reflections? 

again, i shouldn't ask, but what do you think stars are? are they reflections too? 

Yep.

11 minutes ago, The Fish said:

Biggest irony remains that Wolfy insists he's open minded, when he refuses to receive any view alternative to his own.

There's also black or white stance he takes on scrutiny. Either you scrutinise everything, or you blindly accept everything. For Wolfy, there's no middle ground.

I'd say everyone on here as a decent level of scepticism, proven in the politics thread if no where else. But to Wolfy, we're all blindly accepting everything because we don't blindly believe we live in an ice dome. :lol:

No, not at all.

45 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Have you ever looked into a mirror at reflections?

Have you ever looked into a calm lake at reflections?

You are told it's a piece of rock in the vacuum of space and you accept it as that without having a clue about it, or why it looks like it does.

You refuse to consider any other potential because you accept what's been spoon fed.

That's your prerogative but does not make it true.

PARKLIFE!

Just now, wolfy said:

No, not at all.

... you're refusing to accept an alternative view?

Who could have predicted that?

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

... you're refusing to accept an alternative view?

Who could have predicted that?

I'll accept any view that is provable, otherwise I'm sceptical and questioning it.

I used to just accept all this kind of stuff many years ago and now I question it, so I'm obviously not closed minded.

• Like 1

Just now, wolfy said:

I'll accept any view that is provable, otherwise I'm sceptical and questioning it.

That's not true at all Wolfy.