North Korea

sweetleftpeg

Just now, wolfy said:

You decide whatever you feel you want to.

That's the way it is for me.

Well you accept this Ice Dome view, with literally no proof whatsoever. So to claim you only accept views that are provable is to tell a big lie.

1 minute ago, ewerk said:

You don't believe in them because you've never had one?

there is no concrete evidence they exist - he's never seen one with his own eyes. 

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

Well you accept this Ice Dome view, with literally no proof whatsoever. So to claim you only accept views that are provable is to tell a big lie.

That's the beauty about thought process or theories, etc. They are just that. They're not provable but can all hold a certain amount of logic to their existence to those that take their time to study it.

Those who follow a different view will naturally reject most if not all other alternatives.

Just now, wolfy said:

That's the beauty about thought process or theories, etc. They are just that. They're not provable but can all hold a certain amount of logic to their existence to those that take their time to study it.

Those who follow a different view will naturally reject most if not all other alternatives.

You're contradicting yourself Wolfy. 

Either you only accept views that are provable. Or you lied when you claimed that.

2 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I'm certainly on the look out for one. Just don't tell my wife.

I won't.

I knew a kid that had imaginary friends.

I didn't make fun though. I just accepted it but not necessarily believed it. See what I'm saying?

1 minute ago, wolfy said:

You have used the word theories in the wrong context there, or you don't understand what a theory actually is.

Perfect illustration of how little you understand these things tbh. A theory isn't a theory without demonstrable evidence.

I won't.

I knew a kid that had imaginary friends.

I didn't make fun though. I just accepted it but not necessarily believed it. See what I'm saying?

I have seen no evidence with my own eyes that you ever knew a kid so no, I don't see what you're saying.

2 minutes ago, The Fish said:

You're contradicting yourself Wolfy. 

Either you only accept views that are provable. Or you lied when you claimed that.

Accepting anything does not mean a belief. It means that it's better to just accept something until you find the time or inclination to question it among more pressing questions.

2 minutes ago, Kevin Carr's Gloves said:

You have used the word theories in the wrong context there, or you don't understand what a theory actually is.

Is a theory a truth?

Is a theory a best guess?

Answer which one you think a theory is and we can go on from there.

3 minutes ago, Alex said:

Perfect illustration of how little you understand these things tbh. A theory isn't a theory without demonstrable evidence.

Is a theory a truth?

If not, then I'm suing it just fine.

12 minutes ago, wolfy said:

Accepting anything does not mean a belief. It means that it's better to just accept something until you find the time or inclination to question it among more pressing questions.

That doesn't counter my point Wolfy.

Either you require proof to accept a view and therefore you shouldn't accept your view of the earth within an Ice Dome that has no proof.

Or you lied when you claimed you require proof to accept a view in which case your demand for proof of the  consensus is ridiculous.

Which is it?

1 minute ago, The Fish said:

That doesn't counter my point Wolfy.

Either you require proof to accept a view and therefore you shouldn't accept your view of the earth within an Ice Dome that has no proof.

Or you lied when you claimed you require proof to accept a view in which case your demand for proof of the  consensus is ridiculous.

Which is it?

If something has a potential for being true then I'll accept it as that.

If it begs questions after being told what something is but isn't at the forefront of other more relevant questions, then I'll accept it for what it is until I can question it, in time, or whether it's worth the effort.

My dome thoughts are mine. I don't expect anyone to follow it. I just ask people to question what has been battered into their heads as a truth which is nothing like the truth.

What you take from that, is your choice.

there's so much potential in the "theory" that the earth is an ice dome. actually, there isn't because i've never seen the ice dome with my own eyes, or something.