The Fish's Sales Thread

Gemmill

The worst thing i`ve ever done is to fall for the crap of a weatherseal windows salesman.I had windows fitted just over 1 year ago costing me £2800 for 5 crap windows. I woke up yesterday morning to find rain pouring in through the window, a puddle in my living room and my rug soaking.I immediately called customer services, what a joke,i was told the engineer might call but she did`nt know when.2 days have passed and still no phone call.I have been calling them constantly only to have them hang up on me.My blood is boiling with this company.They must be exposed.I only wish i`d looked on this site and i would never of let them through the door.I am totally disgusted in this company,20 year guarantee what a joke.They wont even take your call.I am in touch with citizens advice,i am never going to give up calling them until i get satisfaction from this terrible company.

:unsure::rolleyes::o

We had Weatherseal fit our windows and doors last Dec and were totally stitched up by their sales manager ( a Mr Ted Barber) who sat in out house and basically told us a pack of lies about how we could repay the finance he sold us for our double galzing. All I will say is this

A £9600 LOAN 13 MONTHS AGO IS NOW GOING TO COST US £10,200 TO SETTLE AFTER WE HAVE PAID £3000 IN DIRECT DEBITS SINCE LAST DEC.

£4000 INTEREST IN 13 MONTHS?

NEED I SAY MORE.

YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED

IF YOU WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF FOR A LOAD OF MONEY IN A SHORT SOPACE OF TIME

GO TO WEATHERSEAL

MY ADVICE

STAY WELL CLEAR

STAY WELL CLEAR

STAY WELL CLEAR

:unsure::rolleyes::o

this is confirming some of my fears.

like the bloke in the first Weatherseal horror story says, it's a good product but the company is a bit... well.. cowboy.

:unsure:

guess it's time to look for a new job.

this is confirming some of my fears.

like the bloke in the first Weatherseal horror story says, it's a good product but the company is a bit... well.. cowboy.

:rolleyes:

guess it's time to look for a new job.

188675[/snapback]

I never realised you were so easily influenced. First Weatherseal, now us :unsure:

:unsure: I thought it was Everest you were with, this crowd have the worst repuation on t'internet by the looks of it! :rolleyes:

PS If you're that easily put off sales may not be for you, if you're making good money, fuck it, most people probably deserve what they get, anyway.

Edited by ObaGol

I had a problem with my garage door being replace recently too. A large national compant gave me a quote, but when they turned up to do it they said I'd need a builder to put a lintel in as the present one was rotten. True, it was, but when I called a builder for an estimate, he was amazed they couldn't sort it out themselves and told me it wasn't worth there call out fee. Sure enough, a local door fitter put a new lintel in with a better door, for a cheaper price. Local companies are best I reckon.

no mate, I've not exactly been 100% sold on the job from day one...

this is just pushing me further from it.

188681[/snapback]

Well, it's up to you man. It wouldn't be my bag but I wouldn't feel too bad about doing it for a year and going back to finish your course if I was you.

I had a problem with my garage door being replace recently too. A large national compant gave me a quote, but when they turned up to do it they said I'd need a builder to put a lintel in as the present one was rotten. True, it was, but when I called a builder for an estimate, he was amazed they couldn't sort it out themselves and told me it wasn't worth there call out fee. Sure enough, a local door fitter put a new lintel in with a better door, for a cheaper price. Local companies are best I reckon.

188685[/snapback]

Absolutely no question; I hate that I have no choice in the matter when it comes to things like telecoms/television.

Don't pack in cos I posted a couple of customer complaints, you puff!  Although their techniques do seem to leave a bit to be desired. :rolleyes:

You've sold your soul to the devil tbh. :unsure:

188683[/snapback]

it's the whole ethos of the company though.

if these complaints were a million miles from my own (limited) experiences I would dismiss them out of hand, but they're jarringly close.

anyhoo

I'll start looking for a different job, but stay with Weatherseal until I'm squared away with a new position with a company which won't sell their granma for a quick buck.

188685[/snapback]

I agree there, you do get cowboys obviously but large companies just tend to charge move for the same product due to the extra overheads. People with their own company have more pride in their work normally too as they are more about getting work through word of mouth.

Don't pack in cos I posted a couple of customer complaints, you puff!  Although their techniques do seem to leave a bit to be desired. :rolleyes:

You've sold your soul to the devil tbh. :unsure:

188683[/snapback]

it's the whole ethos of the company though.

if these complaints were a million miles from my own (limited) experiences I would dismiss them out of hand, but they're jarringly close.

anyhoo

I'll start looking for a different job, but stay with Weatherseal until I'm squared away with a new position with a company which won't sell their granma for a quick buck.

188690[/snapback]

I would try to stay away from sales if you don't want to work for a company with this sort of ethos tbh.

At least you've gave it a go, mate. I refuse to have anything to do with sales. I don't mind customer complaints as long as the company's organised enough to deal with them so that's why I choose to work in customer service.

When I was working in sales I did manage to reach my targets, but I just didn't enjoy the downside of being told where to go too. I thought it was a bit contradictive me ringing random people in Yorkshire, Scotland and the North East where if I answered the phone nine times out of ten, I wouldn't give them the time of day too.

I'm in no man's-land at the minute knowing where this will lead like my brother for example who works for Sage and does really well in his job. After working as a car Salesman and at the AA he wants to be his own boss which is why he's thinking of taking up a course to be a plumber. I can see myself doing the same leading towards a trade so I'm unsure on what path I want to take, tbh.

you get one from a small firm and you're paying over the top for a shit product. Fact.

so Renton baby, is your set of windows and doors up to Fensa Standard?

How many BSI Kite marks does the product have?

is the company registered with the GGF?

you're talking shite about windows mate, I'm not saying this is a cheap product, never have, what I am saying is that: You Buy Cheap, You Buy Twice.

A window that doesn't open, isn't stained and measures 500mm by 500mm from Weatherseal will cost £523 before any discounts. But it is a top spec window, it may (in your opinion) be too exspensive for your average Joe and that's fine, but the people buying these windows recognise the window is worth the price.

these "small established" firms are bullshit as well. 85% of them don't last 5years, (surprisingly enough the length of their guarantee) then they fold and begin trading under a new name. They fit substandard windows at a price that is cheaper than ours, Everest and Weru, but still vastly overpriced for their product.

I'm not trying to sell you lot windows because you probably don't need them, can't afford them and most importantly don't want them...

oh and the Salesman doesn't get half the price of windows in his "skyrocket" he gets at best 20% and is pretty much fucked if he doesn't make a sale.

I tell you honestly, a real concern of mine is the current company policy of requiring a signature at the time of the appointment, we are told not to leave until we've a definite Yes or No. I don't see why we can't go back the next day after they've been able to get a couple of quotes and/or read through the contract at their leisure.

188607[/snapback]

Part of the company's job is brainwashing you into believing this rubbish! :unsure:

If you don't believe it yourself, you won't sell it I suppose. I have not had my entire house done, as there is a conservation order on the front of it which stops me doing anything with it, so can't compare to the previous 10K quote. However, I had the entire back and side done by a guy who works for a small firm in the area I know. Well known, only a few people working for them with a tiny workshop (two joiners and a couple of "mates") and is absolutely quality job. They have no salesman. No patter. Just business, and was a hell of a lot cheaper than 10K (or half of!)

• 15 years later...

Got some local company to come in and fit windows while we're getting the kitchen done and some other bits and pieces. Because, from experience bigger companies are bellends, so a smaller local one will do a better job, right?

Might have been better off with Weatherseal.

Second time they've come without the windows I specifically asked for. Thing is, the windows they've brought are actually, on reflection, a better style. Not telling these cowboys that though. Kicked off, complained they've wasted 2 days, putting back the building work and everything else. Got a bit of a discount.

I've got the discount in writing and they've started work, but if the standard of the job, and the tidy-up after, isn't decent I'm holding onto the payment for a bit longer.

I could have told you from recent experience that cheapest generally isn't the best. I went with the cheapest quote (plus they dealt in cash) and have had them back about eight times now. Absolute fucking disaster from start to finish. And of course it's impossible to get in touch with the cunt of a salesman. It's the poor fucker on reception who has to listen to the problems.

3 minutes ago, ewerk said:

I could have told you from recent experience that cheapest generally isn't the best. I went with the cheapest quote (plus they dealt in cash) and have had them back about eight times now. Absolute fucking disaster from start to finish. And of course it's impossible to get in touch with the cunt of a salesman. It's the poor fucker on reception who has to listen to the problems.

The salesman was good, these weren't the cheapest (they are now), but some of the other companies were really suspect, claiming we'd need to do building work and the like, something my builder who is actually sound, said was bollocks.

This company seemed good, had good reviews. But I won't be recommending them.

3 hours ago, The Fish said:

Got some local company to come in and fit windows while we're getting the kitchen done and some other bits and pieces. Because, from experience bigger companies are bellends, so a smaller local one will do a better job, right?

Donald Trump GIF by reactionseditor

• Haha 5

Next week it'll be one of:

Vitor Baia wore the 99 shirt
What time is the press conference?

Anyone know how much a new boiler will cost?