tristan and scaloni released from depor

Dr Gloom

Anyone who knows someone who knows someone fancy getting the message to them? Seriously, after the shambles that is this transfer window I'm prepared to believe that this is the only way they'll find out, and that they'll do about as much research before they make a decision...

Or we could just let the normal course run, Oliver reads it on NO, writes about it tomorrow, Roeder has a look at him. Oliver is our chief scout, FACT!

Edited by ObaGol

Might play well alongside Luque <_<

190853[/snapback]

It's untried, but it's got to be worth a go. :(

The cynic in me says give him a 3 year deal and sell them as a pair at the end of the season, obviously that could go horribly wrong.

190855[/snapback]

:nufc:

quality disclaimer.

Might play well alongside Luque ;)

190853[/snapback]

It's untried, but it's got to be worth a go. ;)

The cynic in me says give him a 3 year deal and sell them as a pair at the end of the season, obviously that could go horribly wrong.

190855[/snapback]

:nufc:

quality disclaimer.

190868[/snapback]

That's what's known inside the walls of Fortress St James' as a <_< long term plan :(

TRISTAN'S THE MAN FOR SAM

By Alan Nixon

BOLTON boss Sam Allardyce is in talks with Spanish striker Diego Tristan after he ripped up his contract with Deportivo La Coruna.

Allardyce dashed to Spain yesterday in a bid to grab the former international hit-man who is now a free agent.

Tristan - and former West Ham right-back Lionel Scaloni - agreed severance deals at La Coruna before the deadline and are officially out of work. Newcastle are also interested in Tristan, who has a playboy reputation.  From The Mirror

Could just be lazy journalism, but under the cirumstances I really hope it's true.

TRISTAN'S THE MAN FOR SAM

By Alan Nixon

BOLTON boss Sam Allardyce is in talks with Spanish striker Diego Tristan after he ripped up his contract with Deportivo La Coruna.

Allardyce dashed to Spain yesterday in a bid to grab the former international hit-man who is now a free agent.

Tristan - and former West Ham right-back Lionel Scaloni - agreed severance deals at La Coruna before the deadline and are officially out of work. Newcastle are also interested in Tristan, who has a playboy reputation.  From The Mirror

Could just be lazy journalism, but under the cirumstances I really hope it's true.

192834[/snapback]

If this is true, we look to be being beaten to the punch again tbh. Big Sam pulls his finger out and gets over to talk to the lad while Roeder dawdles, plotting another of his hugely successful hijacking attempts.

Diego Tristan admits he is ready to move to The Premiership, with Bolton Wanderers and Newcastle United keen on the Spanish striker.

The 30-year-old had his contract cancelled by Deportivo La Coruna prior to last Thursday's transfer deadline, meaning he is free to sign, and play, for another club.

He has repeatedly been linked with a switch to England and now appears to be prepared to accept a suitable offer.

Earlier in the summer, the formerly prolific hot shot turned down a move to Bolton after deciding he wanted to stay in La Liga.

But, after being axed by Depor, Tristan concedes he could try to revive a transfer to The Reebok Stadium by talking to Trotters manager Sam Allardyce.

Newcastle are also rumoured to be interested in the player, with Tristan weighing up his options.

"Now, I only have the desire to play," said Tristan.

"It is difficult because, in La Liga, it depends on clubs with players being injured, but the hope is always present.

"I have several offers from England and now I am studying the option to play in the Premier League this season.

"Also, I have received options from other European clubs, but they are not so attractive.

"The coach of Bolton has a lot of confidence in me and I want to speak with them."

Link: http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...iders+Prem+move

DIEGO TRISTAN flies in from Spain today for talks with FOUR Premiership teams - with West Ham and Charlton joining the chase for his signature.

Tristan is one of the most wanted free agents in Europe after severing his contract with Deportivo La Coruna and he will meet the quartet of clubs over the weekend.

Hammers chief Alan Pardew wants classy Tristan - who can be signed after the transfer window because he is not attached to another club - as he still feels he needs more forwards, while Charlton boss Iain Dowie wants him to come to the capital to add more stature to his front line.

Tristan, who has a playboy reputation in Spain, may fancy the bright lights of London ahead of his other options, Bolton and Newcastle.

Wanderers boss Sam Allardyce has spoken to Tristan but has yet to agree terms with him and is no longer favourite for his signature.

Newcastle manager Glenn Roeder, badly in need of new strikers, is also on the list of Tristan admirers and - despite the denials - he is due to meet him in the next 72 hours.

Tristan snubs Bolton for Mallorca

Bolton's hopes of landing Diego Tristan have been dashed after the striker opted to stay in Spain.

Trotters' boss Sam Allardyce was alerted to the Spanish international striker when he was released by Deportivo La Coruna.

But the 30-year-old has turned down the chance to play in the Premiership and will sign for Real Mallorca.

A statement on Real Mallorca's website said Tristan would be unveiled later on Wednesday after completing a medical.