catmag

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Confirmed my opinion of the bitch:

'No Surprise' Irwin Died

Updated: 13:15, Wednesday September 06, 2006

Former Celebrity Big Brother contestant and feminist academic Germaine Greer has accused Steve Irwin of exploiting animals for his own fame.

She told Australian TV it was "no surprise that he came to grief" in a fatal freak accident with a stringray fish in Australia this week.

Irwin was known as the "Crocodile Hunter" because of his dramatic nature shows in which he tackled crocodiles, deadly snakes and other beasts.

Greer said Irwin's TV programmes showed a lack or respect towards nature and he treated animals with "massive insensitivity".

"It's no surprise that he came to grief," fellow Australian Greer told Nine Network television.

"We now have enough respect for lions to be embarrassed if we see someone trying to crack whips at them and wave chairs at them. Jumping all over crocodiles is the same kind of thing."

Greer said she found the Irwin phenomenon "embarrassing".

"I'm not saying that's not sad, I'm saying what might be over now is this kind of exploitation of animals," she said.

"I am sick and tired of programmes that tell me that the world is full of wicked, nasty, powerful, deadly creatures. Why does Australia set itself up to be made into this hellhole?"

The comments are likely to go down badly with many Australians and Britons who loved Irwin's frenetic antics and daring TV shows. His death caused an outpouring of grief both in the northern and southern hemispheres.

She's probably jealous and being deliberately controversial (and innaccurate) for a bit of attention tbh.

194022[/snapback]

yeah the words "attention seeker" do seem to scream out at you.

Considering the depth of feeling about the whole thing in Australia, you'd have thought she would have the sense to keep her gob shut tbh. Although she loves being Little Miss Controversial doesn't she.

A pretty vindictive, unnecessary thing to say while his family are grieving though, the nasty bitch.

As everyone in the world knows, Steve, "Lets poke that angry, venemous snake with a stick" Irwin is dead. But doesn't his death seem a little strange?

Think about it for a moment. The stingray stung him in the heart. Had it have been his leg, arm, back, pretty much anywhere NOT his heart, there would have been at least some chance of survival. But no no, this stingray got him right in the heart, with PINPOINT ACCURACY, ensuring his untimely death.

Steve did a lot of work protecting the environment, and environmental protection goes against the agenda of, well, just about every major corporation in the world - especially oil companies who want to dig up everywhere. (Remember when the French government ordered their ship to blow up Greenpeace Warrior?)

These corporations have deep pockets, and without a doubt at least a few of them have arranged for people who anger their shareholders to meet with untimely "accidents": Enron boss, Aldo Moro, Olaf Palme, JFK, etc, etc, etc. Remember how Diana pissed off the royal family by hugging hungry Africans and trying to ban landmines?

Now let's suppose for a moment that Mr Irwin's fight to protect the environment, as well as educate the public about the need for this protection, ruffled the feathers of one such unscrupulous company.

Let's also suppose for a moment that said company decided to off Steve as a message to other do-gooders. What better assassin could there be than a rogue stingray, perhaps trying to pay off gambling debts, perhaps a druggie, payed via the mafia on behalf of an unnamed corporation (perhaps Dick Cheney's Halliburton) to KILL STEVE IRWIN?

Considering the depth of feeling about the whole thing in Australia, you'd have thought she would have the sense to keep her gob shut tbh.  Although she loves being Little Miss Controversial doesn't she.

A pretty vindictive, unnecessary thing to say while his family are grieving though, the nasty bitch.

194029[/snapback]

exactly, even when some things are true (which in this case they aren't) there's a time and place. And any publicity isn't always good publicity, as this will make her look like a evil bitch

Not really  :)  All sorts of things have sort of 'happened' to me and family lately that i havent much control over  :D  I hate change and feeling unsetlled.   Feeling pretty miserable as it happens! Still i like to come on here and read all the daft posts as it does take my mind off things alittle  :angry:

192802[/snapback]

Keep smiling petal. Hope things start to feel better soon :(

192895[/snapback]

Thats nice of you, thanks Cath :good:

As everyone in the world knows, Steve, "Lets poke that angry, venemous snake with a stick" Irwin is dead. But doesn't his death seem a little strange?

Think about it for a moment. The stingray stung him in the heart. Had it have been his leg, arm, back, pretty much anywhere NOT his heart, there would have been at least some chance of survival. But no no, this stingray got him right in the heart, with PINPOINT ACCURACY, ensuring his untimely death.

Steve did a lot of work protecting the environment, and environmental protection goes against the agenda of, well, just about every major corporation in the world - especially oil companies who want to dig up everywhere. (Remember when the French government ordered their ship to blow up Greenpeace Warrior?)

These corporations have deep pockets, and without a doubt at least a few of them have arranged for people who anger their shareholders to meet with untimely "accidents": Enron boss, Aldo Moro, Olaf Palme, JFK, etc, etc, etc. Remember how Diana pissed off the royal family by hugging hungry Africans and trying to ban landmines?

Now let's suppose for a moment that Mr Irwin's fight to protect the environment, as well as educate the public about the need for this protection, ruffled the feathers of one such unscrupulous company.

Let's also suppose for a moment that said company decided to off Steve as a message to other do-gooders. What better assassin could there be than a rogue stingray, perhaps trying to pay off gambling debts, perhaps a druggie, payed via the mafia on behalf of an unnamed corporation (perhaps Dick Cheney's Halliburton) to KILL STEVE IRWIN?

194030[/snapback]

:good:

Greer can go fuck herself. What a twisted, sadistic vulture that woman is.

If he's exploiting animals, what the hell do you call it when she comes out with this so soon after his death?

She's as good as being a bloke anyway, so chinning her would be fine in my book.

Steve Irwin @ Late Night with Conan O'Brien

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kY5_Ti_dOa4

One of the last men to see Steve

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tBIZfhxcfRk

http://encyclopediadramatica.com/index.php/Steve_Irwin

some funny, some not so funny stuff on there ^

stevedastangwolfvw1.jpgirwinbeta191jh2.gif

193521[/snapback]

that Conan O'Brien interview is a laugh :good:

Confirmed my opinion of the bitch:

'No Surprise' Irwin Died

Updated: 13:15, Wednesday September 06, 2006

Former Celebrity Big Brother contestant and feminist academic Germaine Greer has accused Steve Irwin of exploiting animals for his own fame.

She told Australian TV it was "no surprise that he came to grief" in a fatal freak accident with a stringray fish in Australia this week.

Irwin was known as the "Crocodile Hunter" because of his dramatic nature shows in which he tackled crocodiles, deadly snakes and other beasts.

Greer said Irwin's TV programmes showed a lack or respect towards nature and he treated animals with "massive insensitivity".

"It's no surprise that he came to grief," fellow Australian Greer told Nine Network television.

"We now have enough respect for lions to be embarrassed if we see someone trying to crack whips at them and wave chairs at them. Jumping all over crocodiles is the same kind of thing."

Greer said she found the Irwin phenomenon "embarrassing".

"I'm not saying that's not sad, I'm saying what might be over now is this kind of exploitation of animals," she said.

"I am sick and tired of programmes that tell me that the world is full of wicked, nasty, powerful, deadly creatures. Why does Australia set itself up to be made into this hellhole?"

The comments are likely to go down badly with many Australians and Britons who loved Irwin's frenetic antics and daring TV shows. His death caused an outpouring of grief both in the northern and southern hemispheres.

194020[/snapback]

How fucking hypocritical is that bit in bold??

Just shows to me how ignorant some people are. If anyone looked beyond the extroverted persona and took notice of what he achieved with Australia Zoo, they'd soon see that he did anything but exploit animals.

Fuck off you pious bitch!

On the whole I like Germaine Greer and some of her points are valid* imo but the timing is crass.

*(I think he did go out of way to meet "dangerous things" so "he had it coming" isn't that far from the truth)

RIP Steve a true legend and he has done so much for Australia.

Not only did he do all his work for the animals and conservation but did tourism ads for Australia for no charge, he brought land so no one could build on it and donated millions to charities throughout the world.

He was probably more of a legend out of Australia rather then in it but will always go down as a true larrikin of Australia.

As wacky as he was he was always like that and had a heart of gold. Sad to see him go although when news first broke of it at uni, everyone just turned to listen to what this person had to say as they didnt believe him. Especially when he said he got stung by a ray... sadly it was true and as has been said is only the 3rd known death from a ray.

His wife made a PA announcement at the Australian Zoo to thank everyone and so far his family has been left alone, which is unlike the media. Roads leading to the Zoo have had a steady stream of cars and people making their way to pay their respects and some parts have had to be blocked off. A true icon.

RIP Steve

Steve a true legend and he has done so much for Australia.

194514[/snapback]

Fucking hell, it's a good job Mr Halliwell's gone AWOL, he'd be creaming himself about that line and imbedding it in his sig forever and a day!

Elton John did it with Candle In the Wind (Goodbye England's Rose - Jesus wept!), and if I was Jimmy Nail I would seriously be considering repackaging Crocodile Shoooooooes as Crocodile Huuuuuunter. He could make a mint.