What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

22 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Btw I’ll be strutting in to the Love Parlour tonight in my silk kimono, leopard skin thong, with a pot of lube and this below blasting out. :lol:

I am a bloke and this somehow managed to dry my fanny out.

• Haha 4

If we’re doing songs for lovers then surely it has to be the opening track of Luke Vibert’s Lover’s Acid album:

Edited by Alex
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

I am a bloke and this somehow managed to dry my fanny out.

I’m waaay ahead of you 

57 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

a pot of lube

• Haha 4

47 minutes ago, Monkeys Fist said:

Btw I’ll be strutting in to the Love Parlour tonight in my silk kimono, leopard skin thong, with a pot of lube and this below blasting out. :lol:

:lol: fuckin belter that mate… I’ll be sticking to the traditional, tried and tested “Larry from Cameo” get up.. it’s a bit old hat but the now semi-permanent Mrs PL likes it and I hate to disappoint her :D 

Sexy Music Video GIF by CAMEO Nation

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, PaddockLad said:

:lol: fuckin belter that mate… I’ll be sticking to the traditional, tried and tested “Larry from Cameo” get up.. it’s a bit old hat but the now semi-permanent Mrs PL likes it and I hate to disappoint her :D 

Sexy Music Video GIF by CAMEO Nation

I’ll be disappointing the hell out of Mrs. F. :lol:

• Haha 2

I'll put something smooth on for Mrs HMHM and pour her a nice cuppa from the new valentine's teapot I bought her....

IMG_20240214_165045.jpg.27a30acb415c74c6bbe5575d43e5090c.jpg

• Haha 6

1 minute ago, Alex said:

:lol: And people say romance is dead? 

I've shelled out and bought the fella a Valentine's meal deal from Asda, so I can confirm it isn't :good: 

• Haha 5

29 minutes ago, Meenzer said:

I've shelled out and bought the fella a Valentine's meal deal from Asda, so I can confirm it isn't :good: 

Well I wasn’t at all cliched and got my lass some chocs, flowers and wine. And I got some nuts ( :lol: ) and then when she was writing my card this morning she realised she’d gotten me a girlfriend one by mistake :D 

Edited by Alex
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Howmanheyman said:

I'll put something smooth on for Mrs HMHM and pour her a nice cuppa from the new valentine's teapot I bought her....

IMG_20240214_165045.jpg.27a30acb415c74c6bbe5575d43e5090c.jpg

I assume this a teabag-only pot? 

• Haha 4

9 hours ago, Alex said:

Well I wasn’t at all cliched and got my lass some chocs, flowers and wine. And I got some nuts ( :lol: ) and then when she was writing my card this morning she realised she’d gotten me a girlfriend one by mistake :D 

Maybe she's telling you something :smile:

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

This article suggests there is at least an album’s worth of unheard Marvin Gaye tracks sitting in Belgium. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-68674814

It also suggests that the legal wrangle over ownership could be a bit fucky.

The family in Belgium own the tapes on which the music is recorded, but not the publishing rights. 
The Gaye family own the publishing rights, but not the tapes. 

The cheeky sod of a lawyer for the Belgian family says he’s “worried” that someone other than the Gaye family could buy the tapes and pass off the music as their own, since it’s never been heard :lol:

• Like 1

Conversation in our house just there when this was playing

"Aye the new stuff sounds really nu-metal. I want to like it but it reminds me too much of that band Spineshank"

"Aye I'll give you nu-metal, that's clearly what they're going for but I don't think this sounds anything like Spineshank.......

........wait what the fuck is this?"

"Spineshank".

Just got in, slipped on a kimono, laid on the chaise longue smoking a cigarillo, listening to this 

Getting a bit of a chub-on at the thought of disgusted QOTSA fans hearing it :lol: