What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

Spotifying the new Ting Tings album because the Independent gave it 5 stars and reckon

These 10 tracks are a masterclass in modern pop creation, pinballing from style to style. One moment they're riding the itchy electro twitch of "One by One", the next they're in lilting folk-rock mode for "Day to Day". On a completely different tack, the chimes and drum tattoo of "Hit Me Down Sonny" carry a deadpan rap like a skipping-song, while elsewhere "Soul Killing" relies on a creaking-chair effect as the subliminal cement binding its loping ska skank together. Indeed, Jules de Martino and Katie White have such wide-ranging musical taste, yet occupy none of the usual niche genres.

While the Fly said 1 out of 10

Altogether, it's an insipid assault of dribbly, sub-Billie Piper pop sludge.

:lol:

The

Nothing from 2012 has really grabbed me so far. Hopefully Mars Volta and The Shins do :banana:

Nowt from 2012 except Pepe Deluxe like. Rock's Archandroid

Its been a poor start to the year, Django Django is good and the Grimes album has got good reviews but its not released here yet. The new Burial e.p is frickin awesome too.

Still amazed by the inimitable guitar sound of Dick Dale. Apparently Hendrix used to frequent his shows and would ask him about his setup and techniques after the show. Dick Dale suffered rectal cancer and Hendrix made a tribute to him in the lyrics of the song '3rd Stone from the sun': "To you I shall put an end, then you'll never hear surf music again."

This song is off Dick Dale and His Del-Tones album "King of the Surf Guitar". Originally, this song was a Hebrew folk song meaning "let us rejoice".