Wavves

Wild Beasts

Grizzly Bear

Future of the Left

Yuck

Errors

Cheers mate.

I'll check them out

One of the first songs I remember loving. Parents had a couple of Walker Brothers LPs I used to play all the time (along with Sgt. Pepper, Simon & Garfunkel and the rest).

One of the first songs I remember loving. Parents had a couple of Walker Brothers LPs I used to play all the time (along with Sgt. Pepper, Simon & Garfunkel and the rest).

aye, there are literally hundreds of great songs from that era. Great stuff.

aye, there are literally hundreds of great songs from that era. Great stuff.

That era had its drawbacks too though. Their "Bridge Over Troubled Water" album had a massive cigarette burn right in the middle of "The Only Living Boy In New York". :(:lol:

just a studio band I think

session musicians and that while the live band take some time off

Kevin Shirley feels that Joe needs stretching and taking out of his comfort zone to challenge him and to come up with fresh awesomeness (which is fair enough, he tours so much with the same guys and a new album comes out pretty much each year, must be tricky to keep refreshed otherwise). So, he puts the touring band on the bench for a bit and gets in session boys like Anton Fig and calls in a few mates such as Brad Whitford (for this one) and I think the young lad on the LP is possibly Joe Perry's lad (might be completely wrong, just read it on one of the youtube vids comments bit). Anyway, I think Driving Towards The Daylight is fantastic. Hopefully the rest of the album will be as good.

Also, that whole lotta helter skelter actually sounded quite good. Normally those sort of things are abysmal, but that wasn't too bad.

I despair of what has become of The Offspring. One of the first bands I ever got into, loved Ixnay. Dexter has departed planet earth. That's the first time I've heard that song, I actually started laughing when the bird starts going on about bass bumping in her trunk. Just awful.

So, to counteract that awfulness:

(and going to try out this new tagging, so...

Edit, ah feck, I can never remember the bloody posting of youtube. Second time's a charm.

Stand corrected, its not Perry's lad, its Whitford's.

Edited by Bonamental

Ball Peen Hammer :up:

One of my favourite tracks to see him do live, on the tour after the John Henry album it was mental to see the atmosphere he could conjure up.

No way! Never seen it live. Saw him after John Henry came out, but it was at Guilfest and he hardly had time to stop (even more so than normal) and was running on a minimal rig, so must have cut it :(

To be honest, that first half or so of Sloe Gin (as an album) has to be right up there with my all time favourite, well, anything. Just awesome.

Completely forgot about that podcast, meant to download it, so thanks for reminding me as well!

Edited by Bonamental