What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

31 minutes ago, Alex said:

Used to listen to The Miseducation of Lauryn Hill loads.

Great album, a travesty that she lost faith in the industry and didn't record any more albums at the height of her powers. She's been in jail for tax fraud since.

• Like 1

On 4/12/2018 at 21:28, Sonatine said:

Laura Marling's new side project, me likey

What a great music clip.

The second half was bugging the hell out of me because it looks like it is played in reversed, which it is.

There is a very clever edit around 2'32" and the set is animated/motion graphics.

No clever videos but some great post-rock.

Edited by sammynb

On 16/03/2018 at 18:16, Meenzer said:

Keeping a keen eye on the Americana festival line-up too, we went to a couple of the shows last year and I wouldn't mind a repeat visit. It's the same weekend as Pride again though. We can't spend these pink pounds in two places at once, lads.

Steve Earle, headliner act 

On 4/14/2018 at 01:19, Tdansmith said:

Steve Earle, headliner act 

:D Good shout, well played.

Not quite enough on the full bill to tempt us up this year I reckon. I like what I've heard of Earle but don't really know his catalogue well enough to fully appreciate a gig. Striking Matches are entertaining but seen them before (and no desire to suffer Sam Palladio's solo songs in order to see them again), Jade Bird is doing good things but will be round plenty more times yet. Might be able to make a case for Kelly Willis. :scratchchin:

23 hours ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Like the sound of Graham Nash but I'm sure it'll be a rip-off. No, I will not stop complaining about the gig economy.

There's someone playing the free stages called Arkansas Dave. Terrific.

Love this Sabres of Paradise remix of them which was a B-side to the single of the same name and appeared on the Coldcut JDJ (which I think we've discussed before as being absolutely shit fucking hot):

• Like 1

Just now, Dr Gloom said:

coldcut jdj is one of the best ever. lost my mind listening to it once, tripping on shrooms 

:lol: Great endorsement. Was one of the first ones I remember that really added the potential of the studio rather than just trying to emulate a 'live mix'