What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

29 minutes ago, thebrokendoll said:

nice one sir. gonna get on soulseek in the next hour or so and find them!  :)

can I give you one in return?

I lost me keys for an old transit I had in hungary. earlier at the festival I'd met a french hippie called zee, ace bloke lived in an enormous horse box, had dreads down to his ankles, was in his 50s then which was probably 09ish. last day of the festival he showed up with a toolbox, took the quarter light out without breaking it, drilled out the steering lock and hot wired the van with an on/off switch which he set in to the dashboard. he then got out a chillum and loaded ii with some fucking amazing afghani black. honestly man, I thought I was having palpitations! just before he disappeared he left me a cd by a mate of his. never seen zee again, but every time I listen to this I think how lucky I was and hope he's having an ace life.

stunning chill out.

:)

Cheers, man 

10 minutes ago, Alex said:

I loved this one by her: 

Theres just so much going on in there.. its like a 90s cafe bar chillout  tune with an old acid house 303 squelchy bass line sprinkled over the top of it... she's just perfect. I won't tell you how much I've just paid for a 7" copy of Nabi with the gorgeous art work  on the sleeve this morning  :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I think he always mixes on vinyl. The amount of stuff he’s put out on mixcloud over the past year or so is ridiculous. I always liked him anyway like, going back to the good old days of the chill out room / tent 

• Like 1

I hadn’t listened to Doves’ Lost Souls in ages, had it on last night whilst grafting. 
It’s an amazing album for a debut ( I know they were previously another band, but I’m counting it as a debut). 

They were the dance act Sub Sub before they were Doves. They did the catchy dance-pop tune ‘Ain’t No Doubt’ that was in the charts about 93-ish. Past was a good tune: 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 06/08/2021 at 13:01, Alex said:

They were the dance act Sub Sub before they were Doves. They did the catchy dance-pop tune ‘Ain’t No Doubt’ that was in the charts about 93-ish. Past was a good tune: 

He's lying.

• Haha 4

26 minutes ago, strawb said:

Might be one of the ugliest songs I’ve ever heard 

I think I can help you there. 

Apparently cleared a diner of 40 people in the time it took to play- it’s the b side of this, which got to No.4 in 1966. 

You’re welcome. 

• 2 weeks later...