What are you listening to ?

Jimbo

On 10/11/2021 at 21:29, Meenzer said:

Shoegaze metal in Danish? Yes please

@Meenzer, where's the shoegaze?

I cannot hear it, not being a smart arse. I know there is a bit of a crossover happening with slowcore and post-hardcore with bands like Failure and Jesu and the like.

Even the Deftones.

I'm lost with MOL.

But I fully comprehend this.

On 10/11/2021 at 10:29, Meenzer said:

Shoegaze metal in Danish? Yes please

Intro to this weirdly reminds me of that Andrew WK song. 

In other news and to further confirm I have nothing constructive to add to the conversation (as if there was any doubt) my sons taken a huge shine to the keychange at the end of "How far I'll Go" from Moana so I've been listening to that all fucking weekend. Not the whole song like, just the fucking 5 seconds either side of the key change at the end. Over, and over, and over. 

16 hours ago, Alex said:

Jah Wobble’s the fella for a funky baseline like. 

Jah Wobble was the original bass player in PiL and he's just release a dub version of their metal box album, which should be amazing.

• Like 1

So, I posted on the Guitar Thread about my lad discovering guitar bands like The Stooges, Bad Seeds, Hendrix , Nirvana. 

Proud as punch. 

He’s also very fond of Lindisfarne and some John Martyn, so I played him Vincent by Don McLean, thinking he’d like it- 

Loved it. 

I didn’t tell him that it was the “sexy time” song of my first love and I , before me and his Mam got together :lol:

Hey Ho! 

( also, turns out Donny is a wife beater, who has a girlfriend 48 years his junior. Ffs. :lol:)

edit; I suppose it’s somewhat ironic that Mrs.F loves the tits off Van Gogh, and this is also one of her favourite tracks. 
No, I’ve never told her that she’s sloppy seconds on this song, and don’t intend to either. 

I like my bread buttered without unnecessary drama :lol:

love the late 50s, early 60s stuff i do and built up a huge collection of mp3s from that era.

brian mathew's sounds of the 60s made being at work on a saturday morning more tolerable and even picked up new songs from the soundtrack of call the midwife!

anyway, thought i'd made a new discovery when the mercedes eqs advert popped up a few days ago. turns out it's a new song so it isnt allowed in me collection, however i really like it and it has the sound of that era with maybe some amy winehouse thrown in?

17 hours ago, Monkeys Fist said:

So, I posted on the Guitar Thread about my lad discovering guitar bands like The Stooges, Bad Seeds, Hendrix , Nirvana. 

Proud as punch. 

He’s also very fond of Lindisfarne and some John Martyn, so I played him Vincent by Don McLean, thinking he’d like it- 

Loved it. 

I didn’t tell him that it was the “sexy time” song of my first love and I , before me and his Mam got together :lol:

Hey Ho! 

( also, turns out Donny is a wife beater, who has a girlfriend 48 years his junior. Ffs. :lol:)

edit; I suppose it’s somewhat ironic that Mrs.F loves the tits off Van Gogh, and this is also one of her favourite tracks. 
No, I’ve never told her that she’s sloppy seconds on this song, and don’t intend to either. 

I like my bread buttered without unnecessary drama :lol:

Get him on to Ramatam’s debut album from whenever it was. Not sure it’s streaming but it’s all on YouTube since it’s Mitch Mitchell on the kit and some wife doing her best Hendrix and Blackmore impressions with bits of early 70s funk thrown in. Came up on a hard drive search (not by the police) the other day and it’s still a good time. Especially when pissed but he can wait a bit for that. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Ayatollah Hermione said:

Get him on to Ramatam’s debut album from whenever it was. Not sure it’s streaming but it’s all on YouTube since it’s Mitch Mitchell on the kit and some wife doing her best Hendrix and Blackmore impressions with bits of early 70s funk thrown in. Came up on a hard drive search (not by the police) the other day and it’s still a good time. Especially when pissed but he can wait a bit for that. 

Looked them up- April Lawton is the guitarist. 

Her bio is a bit of a wild ride 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/April_Lawton

Got two albums on Apple Music, which I’ll give a blast when I’m making dinner tonight. 

Anyone remember/into the Smithereens? The Bo Radleys? That Rickenbacker Jonny Marr guitar sound from the Smiths? Which let's be honest was all just a reinvention of the Byrds' guitar sound.

If any or all of the above floated your boat then check out young US band called Chime School.

• Like 4