Owen can go fuck himself for all I care.

Ugly Mackems

Wont sign full time but the fact there is a World Cup after this season he'll be so kind and generous to us Geordies and come on loan if no one he see's as a bigger and better club don't come in for him.

Well Owen can fuck off and I hope Fat Fred pulls the plug immediately.

Wont sign full time but the fact there is a World Cup after this season he'll be so kind and generous to us Geordies and come on loan if no one he see's as a bigger and better club don't come in for him.

Well Owen can fuck off and I hope Fat Fred pulls the plug immediately.

17297[/snapback]

You should be careful starting threads like this, Owen might be reading this and it might put him off !

Its hard to put Owen's comments into context interms of chronology, his comments about only joining Newcastle on loan if Liverpool don't sign him might have been made before our bid was agreed.

As quoted on BBC football, it seems Owen had already agreed to join us on loan in principle.

Fair point. A bit of me thinks that too, we've been down the road before of having people that don't really want to play for you

17299[/snapback]

To be honest - isnt this just like Al Shearer wanting to come back home, though ? I dont have a problem with him wanting to go to Liverpool. I have a problem with Newcastle offering obscene amounts to Real though. F*****g ridiculous that - more than what was paid for Al. :wink2: Mugs again.

Look, through our own making, we're fucked. Yes we'll spend a lot of money on him, yes we may not be his first choice. But to have him here in any capacity would be a huge boost to our squad. If we were shrewed in the transfer market instead of letting everyone know when we're desperate to sell and buy, we can grumble about what terms and cost we get a world class player on. But at the moment, we've got to be glad of what we can get. Once we get out of the shit, become more attractive to world class players, and stop going about tranfers with "We are desperate mugs, you can name your price" plastered on our foreheads, we can be choosy. Until then, lets get Owen in if we can and not grumble to much about the details.

Edited by BlueStar

Liverpool are:

1. His boyhood club

2. The team he used to play for

3. Arguable a stronger team

4. In the CL

He has absolutely no emotional pull to Newcastle United...

If he wanted to join us ahead of them, given the points I've laid out above, I'd suggest he wants committing!!

I'm over the moon that he wants to join us IF he can't get to Liverpool. Everton wanted him, they're in the Champions League don't you know! :wink2:

Look, through our own making, we're fucked.  Yes we'll spend a lot of money on him, yes we may not be his first choice.  But to have him here in any capacity would be a huge boost to our squad. Once we get out of the shit, become more attractive to world class players, and stop going about tranfers with "We are desperate mugs, you can name your price", we can be choosy.  Until then, lets get Owen in if we can and not grumble to much about the details.

17322[/snapback]

True, but this whole sordid affair was because Shepherd and Souness farted about during the close season when the signings should have been made. The prices havent gone down, they are going up and up BECAUSE we didnt make signings when we should have*, and now desperation from S&S and seething anger from the fans who almost to man SAID this is what would happen if they didnt start signing players early.

*dunno about you, but I would love for Coleman at Fulham to come a cropper this season.....

There isn't a sensible (non-Geordie) player in the world who, given the choice, wouldn't pick Liverpool ahead of us. Difference is Owen was honest enough to admit it instead of coming out with the usual "Newcastle are a huge club and obviously I'm flattered blah blah" shite. I respect his honesty and couldn't give a fuck that we're not first choice.

There isn't a sensible (non-Geordie) player in the world who, given the choice, wouldn't pick Liverpool ahead of us.  Difference is Owen was honest enough to admit it instead of coming out with the usual "Newcastle are a huge club and obviously I'm flattered blah blah" shite.  I respect his honesty and couldn't give a fuck that we're not first choice.

17334[/snapback]

Agreed.....

It doesn't make him a shitter player just because we're not his first choice, nor does it lessen my desire to see him playing for the club!

Anyone who does want's to have a word with themselves!

Yeah, I competly agree Phil. I just think we're going to have to bite the bullet to get out of this situation. It's our own fault that were having to pay over the odds for players, it's our own fault we're not desirable to players.

But if we refuse to flash the cash, pay for our mistakes and put it down to experience (again) or only want players who'd want to choose us over the top 4 (and which world class players would at the moment?) we're going to be left in this position for a long time to come. Yes, we may have to tighten the purse strings, yes we may have to watch someone playing for us while knowing he may be feeling pangs of regret that he didn't get his first choice. But it'll be worth the initial pain to get us in a postion where we can buy at leisure and not to frantic deadlines, and possibly a postition people will be naming us as one of their first choice of clubs.

Edited by BlueStar

who cares that he'd rather play for his hometown club? who wouldn't if you were in his shoes?

we still need him. if he's up for it get him in asap.

17303[/snapback]

Chester City are interested?

Now we're fucked.

17315[/snapback]

Hey leave Chester City out of this there a crackin little club :wink2: and as he was a Everton fan as a lad dont think for one min that he is going with his boy hood dreams as he told them to shove it yesterday.

He lives in Chester and thats why he wants to go back to LFC which is on his door step. Me I would love him to come to SJP and if we can get him on loan and get into Europe then he may just stay on .

Rumour in this part of the world is LFC are angling things by showing no intrest to get him for next to nowt. They also had to off load Baros as they still owed 4 million for the bean pole from Southampton. They dont have the cash to go and spend on him like what we have put on the table so Just maybe this might come off.

There isn't a sensible (non-Geordie) player in the world who, given the choice, wouldn't pick Liverpool ahead of us.  Difference is Owen was honest enough to admit it instead of coming out with the usual "Newcastle are a huge club and obviously I'm flattered blah blah" shite.  I respect his honesty and couldn't give a fuck that we're not first choice.

17334[/snapback]

Agreed.....

It doesn't make him a shitter player just because we're not his first choice, nor does it lessen my desire to see him playing for the club!

17337[/snapback]

My biggest gripe is the fact we are after a proven goalscoring striker when 20 goal a season Shola has just come back into contention from suspension? Are we buying Owen in case Shola gets injured again? Seems an expensive sub!

17334[/snapback]

Agreed.....

17337[/snapback]

My biggest gripe is the fact we are after a proven goalscoring striker when 20 goal a season Shola has just come back into contention from suspension? Are we buying Owen in case Shola gets injured again? Seems an expensive sub!

17342[/snapback]

:wink2:

At least we know where we stand with him, it would've been worse of he had've agreed to join us then demanded a move in May. If he comes I see it as being a mutually beneficial move, we get him for one season and he scores goals for us and he gets to start in the England team for the World Cup, everyone is a winner.

Get Owen on Loan

Luque £10m

Ashton/Anelka £7m

Cheap, old but still effective left back £1m

la la la dream land is great.............

Edited by Gejon

17334[/snapback]

Totally agree.

He wants his head checked if he chose us ahead of Liverpool in the current states we are, even if he wasn't an ex Liverpool player and wanting to go home.

We are in the shit plain and simple, even if we only got one year from Owen it would bail us out this season to an extent and hopefully give us time to change the playing staff (and please god the management) for the following year.

The man is class and even in a team creating little guarentees goals and threat up front at every level, we need him and not being his forst choice doesn't bother me in the slightest.

We wouldn't have been Parker or Emre's first choice either if say manu or Liverpool were interested, but they weren't so neither had to comment on it, Owen has and all he's doen is be honest.