Real will not extend David Beckham's contract

Ted Maul

explain to me how Beckham gets money from kids buying football boots FFS?

;)

because he gets paid by adidas

what, on a commision basis FFS?

well if adidas go bankrupt then he won't get paid at all, if they become the biggest company in the world they will be able to pay him more.

so to answer your question - yes

or, more correctly, no

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

explain to me how Beckham gets money from kids buying football boots FFS?

:o

because he gets paid by adidas

what, on a commision basis FFS?

well if adidas go bankrupt then he won't get paid at all, if they become the biggest company in the world they will be able to pay him more.

so to answer your question - yes

or, more correctly, no

;)

my point is I don't see why he's being slagged for going to the USA?

Because he's going to sell T-shirt (and boots and caps etc.) not play football.

How is that any less worthy than going where?

It's not if you're a shareholder in one those companies or if you're fan of T-shirt sellers.

he was obviously not going to make it at RM, he's not going to win anything a major in a European team,

Look at Figo, what a bit of determination can do.

and he is never going to win anything with England (and he can still be called up from the US FFS)

Not when he's playing for a rubbish team in a shit league, even with the best form in the world he won't get a call because he'll be playing with and against dross. Not to mention that LA is a long way to come for England games.

And somehow, he is morally somehow less than the mighty Shearer, for why exactly? It's utter bullshit spouted by people who let the News of the World do their thinking for them

I wouldn't call him "morally" wrong, he's just puts his money ahead of his football (dispite having more money than sense for a long time).

He's got years left in him, why not go to America and raise the profile of the game?

He pretty much IS the game in the USA there's Beckham and Women's Soccer.

Have you even listened to what he has said about the move or are you just forming opinions on what you think his motivations are. You telling me what his motivation is is as ridiculous as you telling me you know what I think

He's spouting rubbish, do you not remember that rubbish about the yellow card? How he changed his story (and then got slated even harder)?

Of course he's not going to go "Well I'm just going for the cash", for a start that would REDUCE the cash he would earn. ;)

He may be as thick a two short planks but even he isn't that stupid. :puke:

And yes, detail me in exact terms how kids buying boots would mak someone move to the US instead of stay in Europe. I know he is paid by Addidas, but he's not exaclty going to only let kids wearing Adidas into the school is he? And i'm pretty sure his contract isn't as sohphisticated so as to be linked to the exact number of boots sold. Or is your reasoning behind this simplistic aswell?

I don't really have time to give you a lesson on how the world works.

But you know that “money” your mummy gives you to buy things you want, yes?

Well people have to earn that with "work" to "buy" things that the want or need, and vast huge businesses are set up solely to get you to part with that money for their goods.

Now in the USA Beckham SELLS, much like he does in the Far East, in the UK we don't see it as much because we have well established football markets but in the USA Beckham largely IS the football market (much of the USA has little idea what Football/Soccer is, but they know Beckham).

He'll sell his Beckham boots and because he IS football in the USA and that is what the kids will want (if you want me to explain brand worth, brand selling and brand envy, this is something else we'll have to go into later).

He'll set up his Beckham academies and camps and rake it in that way too.

To put it simply and in terms you may understand, think of the comedy Krusty the Clown syndication in The Simpsons and then pretend he is Beckham (probably not too hard really :o).

god your a sad cynical souless bastard aren't you?

I won't go any further with this as you obviously are set in your opinion. I will just point out that if beckham IS soccer in the USA as you say about a hundred times, where did Galaxy get the money for his contract? I can't see Luton town being able to make the payments

And as for Figo, is he any less of an arrogant twat to people now he's carried on and won things at Inter? Does his presence not sell shirts?

A quote:

"I'm going for the life, for my kids and my wife to enjoy it, but the main thing for me is to improve the soccer and to be part of history."

In 20 years time who will have done more for football, Figo or Beckham?

Selling T-Shirts is his only motivation? rubbish. He could retire now and start any number of ventures around the world.

Pure jealousy imho

p.s. why beckham should still need to prove his footballing credentials to a bunch of cynical wankers after appearing in 3 World Cups is beyond me.

Edited by Invicta_Toon

I’m correct, if you must think that to make yourself feel better, that is up to you. ;)

I will just point out that if beckham IS soccer in the USA as you say about a hundred times, where did Galaxy get the money for his contract? I can't see Luton town being able to make the payments

Again you show your UTTER IGNORANCE, LA Galaxy is one of the Major Leagues biggest clubs (but being a big club in a pants leagues is nothing to write home about).

They do have decent financial backing (but then so do a lot of middle east and far eastern teams) and were the first Major League team to make a profit (largely the whole formation of male soccer league in the USA is/was venture capital gamble).

However if you look at Beckham’s deal they aren’t paying him ½ a million a week, but rather when you figure in sales and promotional value (much like he did something similar with RM) that’s what he’ll be getting.

However yes, Luton Town would probably do quite well in the US Major League :o

And as for Figo, is he any less of an arrogant twat to people now he's carried on and won things at Inter? Does his presence not sell shirts?

Did he not get himself back into the Portugal team?

Did he not do well in Italy?

He went for football not to sell t-shirts, as a footballer not a sales rep.

Selling T-Shirts is his only motivation? rubbish. He could retire now and start any number of ventures around the world.

None of which would get him anything like as much money as he stands to gain if the USA gamble pays off.

Pure jealousy imho

As I said as a business move it’s a good one, but as a footballer it is a zero respect one.

Now do you admire and respect Beckham so much as a footballer or a business commodity?

p.s. why beckham should still need to prove his footballing credentials to a bunch of cynical wankers after appearing in 3 World Cups is beyond me.

He hasn’t done a lot in those WCs though really.

Largely got England knocked out in 1998, didn’t do a great deal in 2002, and in 2006 his most memorably moments were being sick on the pitch and crying in the stands.

He has some good qualifying games though.

I’m correct, if you must think that to make yourself feel better, that is up to you. ;)

I will just point out that if beckham IS soccer in the USA as you say about a hundred times, where did Galaxy get the money for his contract? I can't see Luton town being able to make the payments

Again you show your UTTER IGNORANCE, LA Galaxy is one of the Major Leagues biggest clubs (but being a big club in a pants leagues is nothing to write home about).

They do have decent financial backing (but then so do a lot of middle east and far eastern teams) and were the first Major League team to make a profit (largely the whole formation of male soccer league in the USA is/was venture capital gamble).

However if you look at Beckham’s deal they aren’t paying him ½ a million a week, but rather when you figure in sales and promotional value (much like he did something similar with RM) that’s what he’ll be getting.

None of which would get him anything like as much money as he stands to gain if the USA gamble pays off.

Pure jealousy imho

As I said as a business move it’s a good one, but as a footballer it is a zero respect one.

Now do you admire and respect Beckham so much as a footballer or a business commodity?

Largely got England knocked out in 1998, didn’t do a great deal in 2002, and in 2006 his most memorably moments were being sick on the pitch and crying in the stands.

so all the other european based players like Terry et al who appear in the games / sportswear / toiletries ads are all proper players are they?

Do you even want football to become successful in the US? So what if it's all backed by money, how else is it going to compete? Are you saying the European game is run for the good of the game? Jesus the sponsorship packages of the last world cup were obscene.

I really really can't see why Beckham deserves any extra stick for going to the US rather than Inter. You think he deserves the shit people like you shovel in his direction, people who in a hundred years won't achieve what he has on the pitch? How can playing in a less high profile league and setting up soccer academies not be seen as for the good of the game

The thing I can't get my head round about this whole thing is this:

If he's going to promote the sport, open soccer schools, raise the profile etc.................Why is he taking so much cash from the whole thing? Surely if he's going there for the good of the game/sport he's going to harm it by reducing the cash which could be injected at a grassroots level. It just doesn't ring true - "here David, help us to raise the profile of Soccer - by the don't forget your $500,000 for last week. See you next Friday..."

He's gone for the cash. Promoting the sport is just part of his job description and that's the spin he's put on it.

If he's going to promote the sport, open soccer schools, raise the profile etc.................Why is he taking so much cash from the whole thing? Surely if he's going there for the good of the game/sport he's going to harm it by reducing the cash which could be injected at a grassroots level. It just doesn't ring true - "here David, help us to raise the profile of Soccer - by the don't forget your $500,000 for last week. See you next Friday..."

He's gone for the cash. Promoting the sport is just part of his job description and that's the spin he's put on it.

You mean £500k

You mean £500k

Whatever... ;)

Pure jealousy imho

so all the other european based players like Terry et al who appear in the games / sportswear / toiletries ads are all proper players are they?

Do you even want football to become successful in the US? So what if it's all backed by money, how else is it going to compete? Are you saying the European game is run for the good of the game? Jesus the sponsorship packages of the last world cup were obscene.

I really really can't see why Beckham deserves any extra stick for going to the US rather than Inter. You think he deserves the shit people like you shovel in his direction, people who in a hundred years won't achieve what he has on the pitch? How can playing in a less high profile league and setting up soccer academies not be seen as for the good of the game

I personally could not give a rats arse wether or not it becomes successful over there as it will not effect NUFC one IOTA.

The are footballers, Beckham is effectively retiring and going into t-shirt sales.

I don't much care either way tbh.

It'll be a long haul no matter what, it is still largely viewed as minority sport and something that girls play.

Maybe if they make it have 4 quarters, 10 points per goal and make all draws end in penality shoot outs the US market will accept it. ;)

I really really can't see why Beckham deserves any extra stick for going to the US rather than Inter.

Because going to Inter would be for football going to the USA is to sell t-shirts (we've been over this).

You think he deserves the shit people like you shovel in his direction, people who in a hundred years won't achieve what he has on the pitch?

And he wouldn't achieve my score (or even your average chimps score) in an IQ test in 100 year, but what's that got to do with someones opinion of someone else?

How can playing in a less high profile league and setting up soccer academies not be seen as for the good of the game

He's purely doing it for the cash. As I said he's effectively retiring from football at 31 and going into t-shirt sales full time.

He won't be a footballer in the USA in any real context he'll be a sales rep no more, no less.

Beckham- one paced, one footed, can't head the ball, can't tackle, can't beat a man.

Good passer, decent free kick taker - probably the most over rated footballer ever.

Probably the most overrated opinion ever.

Beckham- one paced, one footed, can't head the ball, can't tackle, can't beat a man.

Good passer, decent free kick taker - probably the most over rated footballer ever.

Probably the most overrated opinion ever.

Do you think he should go to 'merica and make some money out of it?

TOTALLY AGREE

A tad harsh, but basically he was blessed with a brilliant right foot, but the rest has never been anything to write home about.

Even his vision seems to have been deserting him in recent years and his physical presence and abilities have been going downhill since 2002 really (which is shockingly young these days).

Still in the right role at the right club (with the right motivation) he could still do a good job at a high level, I'm sure.

Still the main thing is, if you go to the USA and ask who and what David Beckham is..... of those that know who he is, most will probably say something like "Dave Beckham?...... yeah he's the greatest soccer player in the world"

Which probably says it ALL about the situation really on just so many levels. ;)

Edited by Fop

Fop:

"only going to sell T-shirts

wont be playing football

IQ smaller than mine"

all totally unjustifiable statements tbh

you know nowt about his motivations, nowt about the game in the US, and nowt about his IQ

do you think they play different rules or something? Are American blokes physically different in some way?

The old chestnut of 'only x% of Americans even knew the World Cup was on' ill come out soon, forgetting that %age outweighs the entire population of Western Europe

The MSL will succeed and people like Fop will have some serious egg on their faces when the USA win the WC before England ever will again

The MSL will succeed and people like Fop will have some serious egg on their faces when the USA win the WC before England ever will again

i agree with that, might put a bet on it actually

anyone know what kind of olds it will be?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/6259063.stm

Real coach calls time on Beckham

Capello inists LA-bound Beckham will not play for Real again

Real Madrid coach Fabio Capello has revealed that David Beckham will not play for the club again after agreeing to sign for Los Angeles Galaxy.

Capello said: "Beckham will train with the team but he won't play."

He added: "He has always been a great professional, but a player who has such an important contract with another club, we cannot count on him."

The 31-year-old former England captain has agreed a five-year contract with the Galaxy worth around £128m.

Capello added: "The fact he wanted to go was down to him, not to me."

Galaxy may now even look to take him to California in time for the start of the MLS season in April.

Asked whether Beckham might leave the Bernabeu before the end of his contract, Capello said: "You will have to ask Beckham that question."

Beckham has found his first-team opportunities in Spain limited following the arrival of former AC Milan, Roma and Juventus coach Capello last summer.

Capello only gave Beckham a starting role for Real in five league games this season and the club are currently third in the Spanish Primera Liga, five points behind leaders Sevilla.