Cooking

Gemmill

• 4 months later...

Really well, actually! It's a bit sweet around the edges, obviously, but no more so than a curry dish with sultanas or similar in it, and the sharpness of the rhubarb means you end up with a bit of a sweet-sour tang like in a dhansak or something. Very decent for a change.

(I mashed up this and this - both allegedly from the same source but with some notable differences, e.g. one of them doesn't include any spices that'd actually make the dish hot :lol: - then improvised a bit.)

Mashed potato premix any brand. Make mash as per normal, I normally add loads of butter, herb salt, grated garlic. Take while hot and roll into little balls and drop into frying pan (olive and chilli oil) fry till surface is browned and crispy.

Excellent accompaniment with burger or fried fish. :)

To be fair it sounds more exciting than some of your randomly generated recipes lately ;)

:D True. Another semi-underwhelming effort this week. Turns out there might be a reason I don't use my cookbooks as much as I think I ought to. :lol:

In my experience if you get about 3 or 4 decent main courses from a cook book that aren't such a pain in the arse you only do them once in a blue moon then that's better than average

• 4 weeks later...

here's the paneer recipe. it's actually paneer makhani. not masala. absolutely immense. shit loads of cream and butter so you might have ot lie down afterwards if you eat too much of it, which you will because it' so goddamn lush

http://thehappyfoodie.co.uk/recipes/fresh-indian-cheese-in-a-butter-tomato-sauce-paneer-makhani

Finally made this last night as it came up in the aforementioned random.org-inspired project (haven't written it up yet though).

You weren't kidding about needing a lie-down. It's a tiny bit rich. :lol:

Finally made this last night as it came up in the aforementioned random.org-inspired project (haven't written it up yet though).

You weren't kidding about needing a lie-down. It's a tiny bit rich. :lol:

yeah, the three main components being cheese, cream and butter :lol:

• 1 month later...

It's my 18th wedding anniversary, therefore she-who-should-be-sectioned has requested her favourite.

Rib-eye steak, garlic butter prawns, green beans with lemon, and some recently dug up Pink Fir Apple spuds.

Not exactly adventurous but fecking lovely.

I've said next year I get to choose - aye, right :lol:

• 4 weeks later...