Cooking

Gemmill

It's certainly on a par with that anyway

well, possibly. i'm only one week into the recipe box and may grow cynical too after the novelty factor wears off, but last night i made an organic spanish chickpea and potato bake with a tomato pesto and a beetroot, apple, honey and mixed seed salad. it was overpriced but delicious and way more ambitious than the kind of dish i'd usually do on a monday evening

Was just going to post on here about this as I've just got an offer in these ingredients boxes. The price, though. Fuck. Me. Gently. Are they getting Titchmarsh to personally grow the ingredients and then having him hand deliver the stuff whilst including you, your family and your meal on a BBC show cooked by Ainsley Harriet? £64 for 3 family meals? :lol: :lol:

Someone introduced me to savoury pancakes a few years back; goats cheese, bacon and spinach. Lovely but like you said, the pancake bit is ... meh

I was never that fussed on pancakes as a kid as my mam would never entertain anything other than lemon & sugar, which I wasn't keen on. Once I discovered savoury pancakes I started liking them a lot more. I usually end up making some sort of pancake burrito type thing with chicken, cheese, chilli and salad.

A mate's mam used to work at the Findus factory and would bring home the misshapes.

Just picture that, a misshapen Findus Crispy pancake :puke:

I live on a market so i try to shop fresh every day. Kids still get fish fingers every now and again but i've got multiple grocers, butchers, cheese shops, wine shops, delicatessens, fishmongers, all sorts literally on my door step.

Still find it hard to plan for quick but complex dishes using multiple ingredients. Also, with French cooking low on heavy and / or foreign spices, it can be hard to get certain things without going somewhere more than 100m away.

Growing up in an estate permeated by the smell of the Findus factory was enough to put me off their products for life. :lol:

My mate's mam used to work there. They were canny bampy like. Had a freezer choc full of shit like that. Also had frozen kebabs in there :lol: To give you a picture of what the house was like, they had a built-in deep fat fryer in the kitchen :lol:

Had some mint parties there though.

Was just going to post on here about this as I've just got an offer in these ingredients boxes. The price, though. Fuck. Me. Gently. Are they getting Titchmarsh to personally grow the ingredients and then having him hand deliver the stuff whilst including you, your family and your meal on a BBC show cooked by Ainsley Harriet? £64 for 3 family meals? :lol: :lol:

The one I got was half that price

last night i made an organic spanish chickpea and potato bake with a tomato pesto and a beetroot, apple, honey and mixed seed salad.

:lol: Honestly we hat do you sound like?

All that money and not even any meat either.

Edited by Renton

how does it make your teeth fall out? :lol:

if veggie food isn't filling you up, eat more. you basically can't ever eat too many veggies.

the only downside i see from eating vegetarian is the farts. some of mine can be indescribably offensive.

how does it make your teeth fall out? :lol:

if veggie food isn't filling you up, eat more. you basically can't ever eat too many veggies.

the only downside i see from eating vegetarian is the farts. some of mine can be indescribably offensive.

Had on, have you joined the Alex club here? I personally find the problem with veggie food is it may be filling at the time, but you get hungry again much sooner. And you're not going to make another batch of veggie food, so you'll reach for the crisps or cheese...

But anyway, one advantage should be it is a much cheaper diet. Doesn't seem cheap with these boxes though....

I was making pancakes for the bairn at 7.15am today. That's love :glare:

Oh and his dad (a teacher) told me tonight that one of the kids at his school will only eat pancakes with gravy on. That's Washington for you :unsure2: