Cooking

Gemmill

Nonsense and more nonsense! Had a fine avocado, cucumber and tomato salad with dinner just tonight. And as for the notion of a homemade curry without peppers... :o

Mashed up with loads of garlic and lemon juice on bruchetta/baguette.

I'm absolutely dominating my 5 a day with this Nutribullet. Fruit and veg packed smoothies twice a day - one for breakfast and one at tea time. My shit is army green.

Does it come out in one long log or is there a bit of backdraft?

Depends what you're after really.

I only use a chefs knife, paring knife and cleaver with any regularity.

I have a boning knife and filleting knife from my chef days, but if I was starting from scratch I'd spend on two or three top notch separates rather than buying a set.

Edit:( all the knives I have above, I bought over 15 years ago. They've been through 5 years professional use, and then daily use at home since. They're all still in top nick.

The knives are Sabatier, the cleaver is Richardson).

Fancy getting myself a really good knife set for the kitchen. Anybody on here got any recommendations?

The best knives are from Dreiwerkzack, good quality German knives, hope the spelling is correct. If you are only going to do basic stuff in the kitchen, then an all round Chefs knife, paring knife is all you need, if on the other hand you want to do a lot more then a boning and fish filleting knives are a good addition.

The best knives are from Dreiwerkzack, good quality German knives, hope the spelling is correct. If you are only going to do basic stuff in the kitchen, then an all round Chefs knife, paring knife is all you need, if on the other hand you want to do a lot more then a boning and fish filleting knives are a good addition.

Didn't you watch Kill Bill? Jap blades are world renowned, but I don't think you can get them in Britain cheaply.

You'd basically need two knives - a ten inch chef's knife and a small pairing knife. That's it. I assume you go to your local supermarket to buy your meat in a package so any other knife is redundant unless you want to keep one under the bed for protection.