Cooking

Gemmill

I always do. He likes them fresh and springy.

btw I love how you suggested fish for a vegetarian meal.

You're like one of those greek mothers when told their child no longer eats meet, says "that's ok, I'll just cook them some lamb!" :suicide:

We just finished a green salad with cherry tomatoes and avocado, with a piece of grilled altantic salmon and some garlic king prawns - a rarity in this house as the lass is allergic to seafood.

I always do. He likes them fresh and springy.

btw I love how you suggested fish for a vegetarian meal.

You're like one of those greek mothers when told their child no longer eats meet, says "that's ok, I'll just cook them some lamb!" :suicide:

He said it could have fish in in it, dipshit. :D </gemmill>

Here's one for you:

On Sunday I am cooking for myself and three friends. Got a £5 budget to feed everyone, and the meal has to be vegetarian, or at least pescatarian. Sort of want to avoid anything like a pasta bake, and curry was done last week. Any ideas?

Fishcakes. Tuna, potatoes, a lemon (for juice) & spring onions mixed together and have a load of salad with it.

Was looking at a roasted vegetable kebab recipe w/ pesto and served on warm pitta breads that might work, but looking at it now I do like the sound of the fishcakes. Just not sure if they would be substantial enough? Guessing I would just do mash potatoe, mix in the tuna from a can and (cooked?) spring onions then lightly fry them on either side? Would they need to be rolled in flour at all?

Any other suggestions for what I could serve them with that isn't salad?

EDIT: Could just do a bit of salad (ie lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes) then a generous helping of sweetcorn and broccoli?

Edited by Nyff

Delicious quick meal

Cook one packet of batchelors savoury rice in pan of water --- 15 mins

Frying pan with Garlic olive oil add ingredients of choice......

Mushrooms, onions, sliced up bacon, pepperoni etc. Fry for 5 - 10 mins.

Drain off rice and chuck it in frying pan for a couple of mins before serving with a few slices of bread to make sarnies with.

DeeeeeeeeeeeeefffffffffuuccccccccccccckkkkkingLicious

Risotto is piece de piss btw nyffster.

You see Ramsay's best restaurant last night?

The guys who eventually won made a risotto, but without rice :dunno: seemed to go down well.

Here's one for you:

On Sunday I am cooking for myself and three friends. Got a £5 budget to feed everyone, and the meal has to be vegetarian, or at least pescatarian. Sort of want to avoid anything like a pasta bake, and curry was done last week. Any ideas?

Beans on toast with grated cheese on top, alternatively, get a bigger budget.

Here's one for you:

Beans on toast with grated cheese on top, alternatively, get a bigger budget.

:dunno:

Tomorrow I'm making a chicken and bacon pie (from scratch) with crushed new potatoes, Rosemary and Thyme and roasted carrots and parsnips. Yesterday I made a very good jam and cream victoria sponge :pullhair:

Tomorrow I'm making a chicken and bacon pie (from scratch) with crushed new potatoes, Rosemary and Thyme and roasted carrots and parsnips. Yesterday I made a very good jam and cream victoria sponge :pullhair:

Throw some Leek in that pie!

Throw some Leek in that pie!

mmm I'd like that, but our son doesnt like Leeks, so I'll used spring onions and a few mushrooms.

• 2 weeks later...

Scones

After the yorkshire pudding success Im thinking of making scones today..

Any good recipes.

Looking for a nice cheese one and an ordainary one that can be filled with jam and cream. (im guessing the second one is just the first without the chees, but you never know).

Scones

After the yorkshire pudding success Im thinking of making scones today..

Any good recipes.

Looking for a nice cheese one and an ordainary one that can be filled with jam and cream. (im guessing the second one is just the first without the chees, but you never know).

cheese needs a savoury mixture, jam ones need a sweet one.

try here ;)