Cooking

Gemmill

Im sure Jamies stuff tastes ok but he doesnt half make a meal of his recipes :icon_lol:

Was trying to find a nice roasted vegetable lasagne recipe today and just reading his fannying around recipe with "look at me" ingredients put me off.

Anyway, made this

http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspo...le-lasagna.html

Young mom of two has this website full of what look like fantastic know fuss recipes that are easy to do and delicious.

http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/

She also likes to cook naked and the site includes many tasteful poses of this dark haired stunner.

That Lasagne looks like quite a lot fannying around. Just use mince and a tine of toms ffs!! :D

Roasted Vegetables Lasagne!!!!

Tastes like shit I bet.

Im sure Jamies stuff tastes ok but he doesnt half make a meal of his recipes :icon_lol:

Was trying to find a nice roasted vegetable lasagne recipe today and just reading his fannying around recipe with "look at me" ingredients put me off.

Anyway, made this

http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspo...le-lasagna.html

Young mom of two has this website full of what look like fantastic know fuss recipes that are easy to do and delicious.

http://fortheloveofcooking-recipes.blogspot.com/

She also likes to cook naked and the site includes many tasteful poses of this dark haired stunner.

That Lasagne looks like quite a lot fannying around. Just use mince and a tine of toms ffs!! :D

Roasted Vegetables Lasagne!!!!

Tastes like shit I bet.

Crocodile Dundee? :rolleyes:

Off work a bit at the mo with all this snow compacted on estates so keeping the other half happy with a bit of cooking which I am really starting to enjoy. Never really cooked much before.

Anyway Wednesday I made Roasted vegetable Lasagne. Tasted delicious using Ragu white sauce and various vegetables.

Thursday i went with Chicken Chasseur for seven people served with charlotte potatoes and savoy cabbage. Altogether cost a tenner and was the easiest thing I think I've ever made. Chuch it all in a roasting dish / casserole dish and 90 minutes later a delicious meal. (Use colmans chasseur mix).

Today I am having a go at hasselback potatoes but not too sure what to serve with them. Possibly just a big dollop of sour cream and a large helping of creamy colesaw.

hasselback1.jpg

Again these are looking easy to make. Slice a big baking potatoe almost to the bottom at 4mm intervals. Insert sliced garlic between each slice. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste with sea salt, black pepper and basil and then bang in the oven for anything between an hour or hour and twenty depending on oven.

Might just sprinkle with parmesan as well.

Disclaimer: pictures Not my actual dishes --- Imagine crisper and blacker

;):icon_lol:<_<

Fuck me! As i was typing the disclaimer bit I noticed the room was starting to stink and there was a bluey smoking type haze developing. Looked around and the whole downstairs was full of smoke coming from the kitchen.

Hasselback taties take two coming soon. :angry::)

Off work a bit at the mo with all this snow compacted on estates so keeping the other half happy with a bit of cooking which I am really starting to enjoy. Never really cooked much before.

Anyway Wednesday I made Roasted vegetable Lasagne. Tasted delicious using Ragu white sauce and various vegetables.

Thursday i went with Chicken Chasseur for seven people served with charlotte potatoes and savoy cabbage. Altogether cost a tenner and was the easiest thing I think I've ever made. Chuch it all in a roasting dish / casserole dish and 90 minutes later a delicious meal. (Use colmans chasseur mix).

Today I am having a go at hasselback potatoes but not too sure what to serve with them. Possibly just a big dollop of sour cream and a large helping of creamy colesaw.

hasselback1.jpg

Again these are looking easy to make. Slice a big baking potatoe almost to the bottom at 4mm intervals. Insert sliced garlic between each slice. Drizzle with olive oil, season to taste with sea salt, black pepper and basil and then bang in the oven for anything between an hour or hour and twenty depending on oven.

Might just sprinkle with parmesan as well.

Disclaimer: pictures Not my actual dishes --- Imagine crisper and blacker

:icon_lol:<_<:angry:

Fuck me! As i was typing the disclaimer bit I noticed the room was starting to stink and there was a bluey smoking type haze developing. Looked around and the whole downstairs was full of smoke coming from the kitchen.

Hasselback taties take two coming soon. :):icon_lol:

;)

mong

tell me how they taste, I like the look of em, maybe with fish?

Now onto my fourth go and about to give up.

Cant get the fucking thing to cook all the way through and keep ending up with under cooked or burnt taties. Have tried various different times and temp combos.

This time I have par boiled it first and its currently in the oven. If this fails its a pub tea!!! (which is ok)

I'm doing a luxury fish pie for tea tonight. Gonna wash it down with circa three bottles of red wine. If tomorrow is not a write-off it's because I fell asleep halfway through the second bottle!!

Sounds very nice.....Recipe and pics would be good.

And which part of using a chasseur mix and Ragu sauce constitutes cooking, haway man put a bit of effort in it for the little lady!

And which part of using a chasseur mix and Ragu sauce constitutes cooking, haway man put a bit of effort in it for the little lady!

I suppose you want me to make the pasta sheets and forage fresh mushrooms as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I suppose you want me to make the pasta sheets and forage fresh mushrooms as well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Making pasta is a piece of piss.

Making pasta is a piece of piss.

Chasseur is one of the easiest , but most satisfying, dishes to make from scratch mate.

Next time, try it. You'll be pleasantly surprised ( and it tastes 1000 times better than that Colmans muck ).

Recently discovered the art of cooking with low temperatures. It does take a lot of time but the meat gets absolutely fantastic. Yesterday I made beef tenderloin with a chili-chocolate sauce (which I actually didn't like though).

I'm using neck chops so a slow cook is needed- breaks down all the connective tissues ( along with a healthy slug of red wine).

Onions, carrot, 3 whole cloves of garlic, and rosemary dug out from under the snow.

Well worth the wait.